River Ridge Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Fairways Bermuda
Greens MiniVerde Bermuda
Architect Chuck Smith

Dress code Collared shirts, long pants or bermuda shorts No cut-offs, tank tops, jeans.

Bar, Snacks, Beverage Carts

Clubhouse, Lounge, Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2016 #19)

Great value. Price included free range balls and bottled water on the course. The layout was somewhat challenging so we played the whites which made it quite enjoyable.

Commented on 07/06/2022

Hello, jzieno. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing River Ridge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/06/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club!

Commented on 06/22/2022

Hi, u000001819362. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing River Ridge Golf Club.

Commented on 06/16/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, timmy40! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club!

Fun but Long Round

Great course but played on Sunday afternoon and took us 5 hours to play 18 holes. Course is in great shape and greens are fast. A lot of tough pin placements that slowed play down (don’t get yourself above hole). Overall 9/10. Will be playing again just maybe at better time.

Commented on 06/15/2022

Hi, Luke3514374. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club.

Commented on 06/13/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at River Ridge Golf Club!

Commented on 06/13/2022

Hello, Nash8803492. Thanks so much for your rating. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at River Ridge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Great layout

The staff is always friendly and helpful. The pace of play that day was excellent because of the weather forecast calling for thunderstorms. The course conditions were very good and they are getting the bunkers in shape. This is one of my go to courses.

Commented on 06/10/2022

Hello, caddie476. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at River Ridge Golf Club.

Commented on 06/08/2022

Hi, 1Morgan1. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at River Ridge Golf Club!

Commented on 06/07/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314162560723! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club!

GEM of a course nearby to Raleigh

This is probably my favorite course in Raleigh. A little closer or if they were in a larger network and I'd definitely join and become a member. This course dries out better than any course I know of in the Raleigh area, and I've pretty much played them all. The pace of play is usually very good, the greens are really nice and roll true. The could be a bit faster I suspect, but they are consistent and playable. There are driveable par 4's if you so desire and challenge the risks, and there are really long par 4's that have risk reward as well. The par 5's aren't too long but they have risks as well and usually dog leg right/left that makes taking that risk perhaps not so rewarding.

Commented on 06/10/2022

Hello, TPCRay. Thank you for reviewing the course. We're glad you found the pace of play during your round excellent. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We are glad to see you also rated the course conditions and our staff to be great during your game. Thank you for playing River Ridge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Nice course …… if you can actually play the whole thing.

First time here, and very impressed with the layout and condition of the holes I played…… but unfortunately it took 2 hours and 35 minutes to play the front 9…… so I decided to cut the round short. No-one was paying attention to the pace of play (the single behind me actually ended his round on the 7th (I offered to let him play up with me, but he was so frustrated he just returned to the clubhouse).

Commented on 06/06/2022

Hi, Bowley24! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at River Ridge Golf Club!

Commented on 06/03/2022

Very scenic and challenging

1st time playing. Beautiful layout. Some hidden tee shots, so definitely check their website for hole-by-hole tips. Would be nice if carts had GPS, but other than that, loved the course.

Commented on 06/06/2022

Hello, BronxBomber722. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at River Ridge Golf Club. Please visit us again soon!

Great for average players

This place was really cool! Nice layout, the greens were rolling true. There were some challenging holes and some gettable holes also. There were a few blind tee shots with trouble running thru the fairway. Yardage to hazards were clearly marked so you could pull your hybrid or long iron. I bet out of my price range for a Monday round but find a hot deal on golf now and check it out!

Commented on 05/25/2022

Jdlineman, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club.

Commented on 05/18/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314161232777! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club!

Commented on 05/17/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u782218340! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club!

Commented on 05/16/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314162704446! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club!

Fabulous

2nd time playing here in 2 weeks. Friendly staff, Great Practice facilities. Course is in great condition, greens run fast but true. My favorite course in the area. Will definitely be back soon.

Commented on 05/13/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jeffribak! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing River Ridge Golf Club!

Commented on 05/19/2022

Garner, North Carolina
Wendell, North Carolina
Garner, North Carolina
Raleigh, North Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.