Looking back from a green at Windmill Lakes Golf Club

Year Built 1970
Architect Ed Ault (1970)

Golf Simulator Yes

Fivesomes Allowed Yes
Dress code No tank tops or cutoffs

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant

Plays Long 23

Windmill

Very nice course for the area. Pace of of play can be tough at times. Id stay away on the weekends as it is always very busy. But I always enjoy playing here, challenging greens, long par 4’s. Alot of hazards. This course is not suited for beginners, but you can still come out and have fun. Almost always very well kept, can get a bit wet at times so watch out for when it rains. But I have always had great experiences here.

Ranger Rushed Us

Pace of play was somewhat slow (waited to tee off on every hole through hole 7) 2 groups ahead had a small child playing, nothing wrong with that, my group was out enjoying the day.
On hole 9, the ranger informed my group that we needed to hurry up and catch up to the group Infront of us, that there was a 2 hole gab between us and them. What he didn't realize is that the group with the child left after 9 holes, and the group in front of us was inside getting food at the turn. This made us feel like we didn't have time to get a snack at the turn. The ranger continued to check on us 2x more and we felt rushed the rest of the round. As anyone knows, its not helpful having a ranger in a cart watching you tee off, asking how long you've been playing the game of golf, its insulting actually (shot bogie golf through the front 9). Really made the remainder of the round not fun. Typically I really enjoy this course, as they really pay attention to pace of play, but this past Saturday's experience didn't sit well with my group.

Commented on 04/30/2022

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Windmill Lakes Golf Club.

Not bad for early spring

Great shape for an early spring round, it was as expected

Commented on 04/11/2022

Thank you for your 5 star review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Windmill Lakes Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

April is not the month to play here

I said that I would recommend to a friend but I would not recommend in April. The course was soaked and that is uncontrollable. But what is controllable is policing players who have no business playing the championship or blue tees.

I am not always proud to move up a tee but I know my game . Have you ever thought about showing a certified handicap to qualify for the back two or three tee boxes ? The group in front of us consistently had a guy or two not even make it odd the tee box but yet they were playing blue tees. There weee rangers running around in carts but what exactly were they doing since the pace of play never got better .

We quit after 14 holes and five hours. We had reached our maximum. I usually love this course but if they don’t keep players moving and tell groups to move up tees or leave it will be hard to play this course again on a weekend or recommend it. Very disappointing . Being a bad golfer is why courses have five or six sets of tees. #teeitforward

Commented on 04/30/2022

Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience. We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied during your round. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high-quality standards we maintain. We would like to make things right. Please reach out to our management team at the pro shop. We hope to hear from you soon.

Always a great choice

I have played well over a dozen times and will continue to play. Comfy gps carts and a tournament level course, does it get any better? Definitely worth playing if you have not yet.

Commented on 01/10/2022

Thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Windmill Lakes Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon for a 5-star round!

Course head leaves all over it even on the greens

Course was a mess leaves everywhere leaves on the green looked like there was no maintenance done to the course Couldn't even putt on the greens !!

Commented on 11/19/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Windmill Lakes Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Use one more club

The course has true distances, nice large greens, plenty of trouble to be had but if you play smart it is manageable .

Commented on 11/09/2021

Commented on 11/08/2021

Thank you for your kind review! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for an even better 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Windmill Lakes Golf Club.

Can’t get on

I use to love to play on Windmill but last year we couldn’t get on much! We have the golf pass with them but often could not get tee times or it was cart path only! Every time we called they were cart path only! If you are older and playing that way is very difficult! Very disappointed with the course!

Commented on 01/10/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement such as cart path only restrictions. Thank you for playing Windmill Lakes Golf Club.

It's has been a long time since I had played the course but it has only gotten better with age. The course was in great shape even though it was healing from airlifting. The start was very good and kept the up tee times on time.

Commented on 10/18/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Windmill Lakes Golf Club.

Thomas C

Play was a little slow . Greens were very slow . They just Aerated the course recently but was in over all good shape

Commented on 10/14/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Windmill Lakes Golf Club!

Commented on 10/22/2021

GOOD GOLF COURSE

Good course, but not in the best condition as it has been in the past! Extremely slow greens and a lot of fungus spots on the course.

Commented on 10/14/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. We strive to achieve the best conditions for our golfers and are working diligently to improve the course. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 10/14/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon for a 5-star visit! Thanks for choosing Windmill Lakes Golf Club.

Commented on 10/04/2021

Commented on 10/01/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you an even better 5-star experience soon. Windmill Lakes Golf Club thanks you!

Def worth playing.

Excellent layout. Course condition was good. Pace of play was rather slow but was holiday weekend. Being a twosome we’re paired with another group. I hate this and dish courses would quit doing it. I’m not a fan or golfing with strangers. Otherwise. Staff great. Bar clean and prices reasonable. Def worth playing if you’ve ever wanted to. Just have plenty of time and be prepared to golf with another group if you don’t have 3 or more with you.

Commented on 09/13/2021

We hope to see you again at the course very soon for an improved 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Windmill Lakes Golf Club.

Kent, Ohio