Silver Lake Golf Course sits along Staten Island's North Shore, offering a scenic and challenging layout that is one of the five boroughs' best-kept secrets. The course has a classic layout with postage stamp-sized greens and narrow fairways. At just over 6,000 yards from the back tees, the golf course appears shorter than it plays. The tight layout demands accuracy throughout especially on the lengthier holes, of which there are several. The course offers interesting risk-reward opportunities and holes 12 through 14 are considered by locals the "Amen Corner" of the North. The entire layout will test your shot-making abilities. In addition to the challenging round, Silver Lake is known for having consistently excellent conditions with some of New York's best greens, which is why it has garnered a strong following among local players.

Silver Lake Golf Course

Year Built 1929
Architect John Van Kleek

Commented on 01/20/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Silver Lake Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Nasty Staff!!!!

Don't know why Staten Island Golf courses are so nasty and unfriendly.. It always with these misrable curmudgeons who are starters. From La Tourette, to South Shore and now Silver Lake completed the trifecta in nastiness. They give you a "If you're not a regular here, you're not welcomed here." attitude. I made the mistake of asking the starter where does one check in because the club house was closed. You would have thought I asked him a personal question about his family with the unfriendly response I got. Then I was stupid and asked if there was a back up in tee times. I knew my mistake and just walked away. Then I go to check in it 20 min before I tee off, however I cant check in until 15 min before my tee time, OK. Then I ask " is there a back up/delay on tee time starts?. This is the response I get " I can't answer that until you check in."..... huh... I had to laugh and walk. I advised that that Im leaving and they can have the green fee. I will never be back again.

Word of advise. If you live and play golf in Staten Island, Goto to NJ and play. Courses are better and the staff are friendlier. For a 30 min ride and a toll, golf is so much more enjoyable.

Commented on 01/19/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We will pass along your feedback to our staff. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Commented on 01/21/2021

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Silver Lake Golf Course and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Terrible condition, goose heaven

Only Staten Island golf course with GolfNow reviews 4 stars, so I decided to drive over, paying the tolls to play there. What a mistake! I understand that it’s winter golfing but the fairways were a mess with goose droppings and wet puddles on the fairways and just dirt all over the fairway. There are temp tee boxes. Holes are right next to each other. Few times the balls flew near us coming from the other side. Not sure why the golf course let the carts in the fairway. There were so many tread marks since the fairways were wet with pools of water everywhere. Golf course is in terrible shape and not maintained properly. Do not play here. Only positive feature was that the greens were ok.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Commented on 12/28/2020

I play here a lot and will continue to. Great course and convenient. Today I understand wasn’t the best conditions with some snow on the ground. I didn’t understand the workers using leaf blowers in the sand traps and not on the green where there was a half inch snow. They could’ve easily cleared that.

Commented on 12/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Silver Lake Golf Course thanks you!

Commented on 12/11/2020

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Silver Lake Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 12/07/2020

Met most reasonable expectations

Nice course, well maintained given the amount of play. Unfortunately, no course, pace of play, management, tee boxes backed up 3 deep. . Partly due to start times and partly due to slow
play with no ranger management to assist. Ended round on hole 15 @ 5hours 30 minutes in.

Staff was friendly was was a plus.

Commented on 12/03/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Silver Lake Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 11/30/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Commented on 11/30/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Double booked

Got to Silver lake 30 minutes before tee time to check in for what i thought was last round of the year. They advised that there was a mix up and the 8:30 tee time was “double booked “, and they said there was no option to play. How can that even happen????? Apparently I wasn’t the only one either. Very disappointed.. i got rain check for future round (next year) , but I would have much rather have played today.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Silver Lake Golf Course

I am a local resident and I play Silver Lake Golf course quite frequently. However, on 11/22 I had a twosome tee time for 10am. I attempted to cancel at 8am that morning due to a death in my family. I was disappointed to find out that a refund or rescheduling was declined as per golf now. This is poor business practice.
-Joseph

Commented on 11/30/2020

We appreciate you reviewing the course. We ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for clarity. Please have your confirmation number handy. Thank you for playing Silver Lake Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Great course, slow pace of play

Played Silverlake several times this year and it's definitely the most well-kept course on Staten Island. I enjoy playing here, except when the pace of play was as bad as it was that day. In 5 hours, we got done only 15 holes, and we never made it to the back 9 and replayed the front 9.

I love the course, but there has to be some control in booking T-times to manage the pace of play. Although circumstances with COVID have people playing more golf and a beautiful Saturday afternoon in November may have slowed up the pace of play more than usual.

Still good to get out in November with course conditions likes it's April.

Commented on 11/30/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Silver Lake Staten Island

Nice course well maintained and friendly staff.
If I could give negative stars for pace of play I would.
Two things:
1) There is no way these guys are not selling T-Times in between what's on golf now. The only reason I booked the course was because there were multiple times being shown around the time I booked only to show up at the course and have 4 groups on the first T waiting before me. I booked a 12 and got off at 12:45 ridiculous. I should have been on the 3rd hole by then
2) There are no rangers pushing pace of play. People are literally taking 30 minutes to play 1 hole. Not right. I'm a 20 HDCP and can play a round in 3.5 hours. You cant let people hit a ball 20 feet 3-4 times in a row. Someone has to watch pace of play.
They are undermining your website because I cant trust the t-times shown.
I realize this is public golf but there is no effort to push pace of play, just book as many times as possible.

Commented on 11/25/2020

I love this course best on the ROCK!!!!!!

Another great round at the Lake!!!

Commented on 11/23/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Love it when its this empty

Greens were rock hard, a bit of frosted dew on all the foliage, but quiet, pristine, and most importantly, I had the course to myself at 8am tee off. At one point I took out about 6 balls and just practiced my mid irons.

It's ok.

I just don't come back there, if they don't have a discount.

Commented on 11/23/2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Bayonne, New Jersey