Silver Lake Golf Course sits along Staten Island's North Shore, offering a scenic and challenging layout that is one of the five boroughs' best-kept secrets. The course has a classic layout with postage stamp-sized greens and narrow fairways. At just over 6,000 yards from the back tees, the golf course appears shorter than it plays. The tight layout demands accuracy throughout especially on the lengthier holes, of which there are several. The course offers interesting risk-reward opportunities and holes 12 through 14 are considered by locals the "Amen Corner" of the North. The entire layout will test your shot-making abilities. In addition to the challenging round, Silver Lake is known for having consistently excellent conditions with some of New York's best greens, which is why it has garnered a strong following among local players.

Silver Lake Golf Course

Year Built 1929
Architect John Van Kleek

Good course but bad etiquette golfers out there.

It’s a good course, VERY SLOW PACE, under staffed, it’s like no one cares about the rules out there. I was putting on hole four and someone tee off from hole 8 hit onto our green and did not yell fore. Then he also pull on to his ball and hit his iron off the fourth green leaving a huge divots. Like an idiot.

Commented on 04/12/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Silver Lake Golf Course!

Commented on 04/12/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Silver Lake Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 04/12/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Silver Lake Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 04/07/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Aerated without telling us

They charged full fees without notifying us that the back 9 was closed bc they were aerating the greens. Our group had to weave into the front 9 groups, slowing down the pace of play and not a fan of playing the same 9 twice personally. They'd charging full price and deal with complaints later instead of laying it all out there. Giving a fair warning at least for the first few days, hope it turns around in a few weeks.

Commented on 04/07/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Silver Lake Golf Course!

Course sucked

Wasn’t told that greens were being aerated and we couldn’t play the front nine. Was told after trying to tee up on first hole. They also charged regular rate to play on garbage. Won’t be playing Silver Lake anymore. Will be going to New Jersey. Don’t recommend this course to anyone

Commented on 04/12/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Silver Lake Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

like to golf

course is excellent condition, was speaking to the super indent was advised he was air rating can't wait to see the greens they were in great shape before I'm sure they will be excellent for the season

Keep up the good work!

Maybe trim a few branches!

Commented on 04/12/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Silver Lake Golf Course!

Not a bad track

This course was pretty nice and was in okay shape. I wouldn't say it was pristine by any means, but it was definitely in better shape than the NY City courses I play.

Commented on 04/06/2021

Commented on 03/31/2021

Commented on 03/31/2021

Foggy and damp as heck, but what fun!

Teed off at 7:30am with almost zero visibility due to heavy fog. Basically, we had about a 100 yards of visibility before drapes of white engulfed your ball. It was like playing in Narnia. Miraculously, I did not lose a ball and played pretty well! Nobody else on the course so the pace was ll us (we walked with push carts). Patches of water in a lot of places, but not enough o ruin the experience. Greens were fine actually, but the traps were basically metaphors at that point.

Commented on 03/26/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to having you back again soon. Silver Lake Golf Course thanks you!

Carts.

$50 a person through golf now. Another $20 for cart when you arrive. Would not pay $70 to play this course on a Tuesday ever.

Commented on 03/24/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge. Thanks for visiting Silver Lake Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Course in good shape this early in the season. Always doing work to improve the conditions. Nice to see some cart paths being repaved.

Commented on 03/24/2021

Commented on 03/30/2021

Commented on 03/15/2021

Commented on 03/15/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Silver Lake Golf Course!

Great place to play, but make sure you leave NOTHING behind!

Still the best public place to play in Staten Island, or South Brooklyn. The course was in brilliant shape considering the time of year, and the rough winter we had. The greens keeper staff should be commended for their hard work. The clubhouse staff was helpful, and friendly as always.

Here's the only tick against them. We were one of the last groups off the course, and I had mistakenly left my rangefinder on the cart (the Pro XE...the expensive one) and didn't realize it until the next day. I called the clubhouse and asked if the cart staff had it and when I could swing by to pick it up. I left my name and number for a return call, but never got a call back. I called 3 more times over the next 3 days, and on the third try I finally got a "no one has seen a rangefinder" answer.

We were one of 2 groups left on the course, so the only people who would've handled it were the cart staff and it was stuck to the side post of the cart with the built in magnet. They had to have seen it and taken it off at some point over the next 4 days. Safe assumption, but I'm betting that and employee saw it, grabbed it and thanked the golf Gods for their new, free top shelf rangefinder they wouldn't normally have. I understand that it's ultimately my fault for leaving the rangefinder on the cart, but if I leave my car unlocked it doesn't give you the right to take it, does it? Such a shame on both sides of this. My irresponsibility. Their dishonesty.

Commented on 03/12/2021

Commented on 03/12/2021

Terrible

Course was a dog track, matter of fact I wouldn’t even let the dog I don’t own run around out there. Will never be returning

Commented on 03/26/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Bayonne, New Jersey