Type Semi-Private/Resort

Year Built 1992
Architect Sammy Dean

Clubhouse, Internet Access

Tennis

Beautiful layout and great service

This is a fantastic layout but thin fairways and basically bad greens as reported by almost every reviewer regardless of season. The manager acts like he values 5 star ratings but continues to present 3star greens on a 5 star property. Greens that are not even on par with many area facilities. They hired the right greens keeper. Follow there lead. Seriously, you can not even give the excuse of your type of bent and the harsh summers as I can take you to far less classy facilities with bent in the area that outperform your facility for the past several years.

Disappointed

Not what we expected. I would say give it some time and maybe it will come around. We were not too impressed with the course or the course conditions. Seems it has seen better days. The layout was quirky to us, lots of blind tee shots, kind of like they squeezed in a few holes between some houses. The greens were decent, about like a well played public course would be.

Friendly staff

Ground was wet, but that was due to rain the past few days. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

I will be back if I’m in town again.

Commented on 01/13/2021

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cherokee Ridge Country Club.

Not a fan

Seemed kind of Ricky Dink to our group. Not in the best condition either

Enjoyable!

I’ve stayed away from CRCC because the greens have been awful, but they are in good condition now. They rolled well and true; kept the line. Kudos to everyone responsible!

Commented on 01/13/2021

Hello, Thank you for visiting us at Cherokee Ridge Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great golf course.

This is a great golf course to play.. Beautiful layout and scenery to be seen.. Water fall and beautiful homes around this course..
I would recommend playing this course.

Commented on 01/13/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cherokee Ridge Country Club!

Commented on 01/13/2021

Hello, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Cherokee Ridge Country Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Outstanding Layout

Cherokee Ridge is a challenging course with a very interesting layout and several spectacular signature holes, including three of the par 3's. The greens are decent; not great, but this is winter so perfect conditions are not expected. The Nike Tour held tournaments here for a couple of years in the mid 1990's so it is nice to play a course where many big name pros played early in their careers. All in all, an excellent day of golf.

Commented on 01/13/2021

Hello, Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cherokee Ridge Country Club.

Off season

It was obvious that the staff has invested a lot of time making some needed off season improvements to the course. Cherokee Ridge is my favorite course in northern Alabama. The staff is always friendly and helpful.

Commented on 01/13/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Excellent experience

As expected, we had a great round of golf. Am confident my group WILL be back. Soon!

Commented on 01/13/2021

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

GPS Users Be Aware

The staff won't tell you that they've probably flipped their holes and don't know how to report that data change about the course. You GPS will indicate that holes one thru nine are ten thru eighteen and vice versa.

Commented on 01/13/2021

Hello, we are sorry to hear about the GPS issues, we will make sure to get this fixed. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Cherokee Ridge Country Club.

Cherokee Ridge Country Club

The course was a very good test of golf. However, it was quite wet requiring carts to be kept on cart paths on about 1/3 of the holes. Additionally, the pro shop would not honor my request for military rate since I made the reservation on Golfnow for 3 golfers and put in the remarks that 1 member of the group would be requesting military rate, but I did not make the whole reservation military.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Cherokee Ridge Country Club thanks you!

Don't be fooled

Played here earlier in the summer, greens were horrible, bent greens do not do well in heat, decided to try again now that is the middle of November. I called the course a couple days ago and asked about the greens. The guy said the greens were fantastic, as good as he ever seen them! THEY WERE NOT GOOD! Most, if not all, were still in need of some attention (bare spots, fungus, weeds, etc...) However, they were rolling good & the pin wasn't in the bad spots. This is a great course when the greens are good. Maybe try again in the spring.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Cherokee Ridge Country Club.

The course overall was in excellent shape. The greens were firm and approach shots would take hard bounces. However, they rolled excellent! The bunkers could use some tlc.

Commented on 11/18/2020