Panther Lake at Orange County National in Winter Garden, Florida, USA | GolfPass
A view of hole #17 at Orange County National - Panther Lake Course

Panther Lake: Orange County National

Year Built 1997
Greens Champion Ultra Dwarf Bermuda Grass

Practice Hole Yes

Lodging

Lodging Available

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Locker Rooms

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2014 #13)

Playing Multiple Courses 75

Texas Advisor

Feels like a course for the pros

It's easy to tell right away that Panther Lake is a great pro golf tournament venue, as evidenced by its past hosting Q Schools, mini tours and more.. There are a lot of different looks off the tee and risk-reward decisions to make. Some pins can be tucked into some sinister positions on the greens, which roll really fast and nice. O-Town is an aspiring pro golfer mecca thanks in part to what OCN is offering out here. Perhaps my only knock on the layout is it seems there are some unnecessarily long drives between holes that puts a wrench in its ability offer a pleasant walker's course. Otherwise the design is excellent.

From the tourist duffer perspective (like me), in spite of being in the middle of nowhere on a relatively nondescript piece of property, there are a few surprisingly pleasant lakes and unique mature trees that give the round some added interest. Fairways are pretty generous, the sets of tees ahead of the Tiger Tees are very playable, and it's great being way from homes and theme park noise and all that Orlando chaos. There's a great practice area and pro shop and dining area so come early and stay late, and possibly play some added holes at Crooked Cat or the shorter 9-hole Tooth course.

This is definitely on my Top 5 Orlando-area courses to date, along with Bay Hill, El Campeon, Tranquilo and Waldorf.

Love Orange County National GC!

Played the Panther Lake Course at OCN with some friends and had a great time. The course is in great shape (green are still not pure after the last punch but still very playable)! I find both OCN courses challenging but fun - a good test of your game. 5 STARS - highly recommend!!

Commented on 08/09/2022

Thank you for your 5-star review! We here at Orange County National appreciate our guests taking the time to tell us about their experience! We look forward to seeing you out again very soon!

Commented on 08/08/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review Orange County National! We hope to see you again soon so we can earn the chance to get 5 stars!

Always in great shape!

The courses at OCN are always in top notch condition. It is too bad they have to close the courses for a week or so at a time to get them that way, but I guess it is what it is.
Will be buying the Elite card for next year.

Fun golf

If you haven’t played Panther Lake you should it’s how a golf course should be.challenging but fair for any level of golfer

Commented on 08/05/2022

Thank you for your recommendation! We here at Orange County National appreciate our guests taking the time to tell us about their experience! We look forward to seeing you out again very soon!

Great layout

This course has a beautiful layout and despite all the rain we've been having lately the course was dry! Greens were in great shape, some slower than others making it difficult to read at times. We paid 61.00 with the FL residents discount , well worth it!

Commented on 08/02/2022

Hello, u314161097066. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Panther Lake at Orange County National!

Staff

Staff was rude to my nephew telling him he can’t afford golf balls when he ask how much they were.

Commented on 07/22/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Panther Lake at Orange County National!

Bumpy green

My handicap is 2.
Green speed is good but the surface was bumpy
I dont understand why dont roll the green to make flat. $50 is too much weekday afternoon comsidering condition fairway and green.
Maximun $40 is ok.
Anyway make green smoothe.

Commented on 08/02/2022

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

I love a challenge!

I don't play here often because it's a little pricier than other public courses. But, when I want to treat and challenge myself to a great day of golf, Orange County National is the place to go!

For this recent round, I found some of the tee boxes and fairways not in the great condition that I'm used to at OCN. The greens are very nice and roll smooth and true.

Commented on 07/29/2022

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Panther Lake at Orange County National.

Bring your own water

No water out on the course, cart girl came around once. We died in this heat, even brought our own water but no where to fill it up on course. Too dehydrated to have a good experience.

Commented on 08/02/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are sorry to hear your customer service experience was not up to par. Please reach out to our management team at (407) 656-2626, and thanks for visiting Panther Lake at Orange County National. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Don’t Bother. Poor service and pricey

Let’s start off with courses having Tee times starting at 6:30 am but having no food available until 10:00 am is ridiculous. This might be acceptable if they didn’t have a “no outside food and beverage” policy. Next is the price $79 on Friday plus you have to buy range balls. I played Shingle Creek for $80 which included range balls and wait for it, they had food first thing in the morning. Not to mention the coarse and service was first class all the way. The facility is run down and the property needs to be redone. Last but certainly not least I had the worst beverage cart experience ever. The girl was rude and had me fill my own ice chest with ice and this was after I tipped her. She told me the only reason she came over to me was her Manager told her to. With all the golf options in Central Florida I would avoid this place completely. I cannot believe they have a Korn Ferry event here.

Commented on 08/02/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Your feedback helps us do better. Thank you for visiting Panther Lake at Orange County National. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Great Course, Bad Experience

Make sure you bring your own water, especially when playing in the 100 degree Florida heat. No water out on the course and the cart girls where few and far between. Played the back 9 without seeing the cart girl once and the club house is not close to the turn. Too hot during a Florida summer to not have water available to guests.
Course: overall great conditions

Commented on 08/02/2022

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about water on the course is important to us. As we begin the season, we are working to develop the best way to provide our guest with refreshments. We do allow outside drinks. We do not allow outside alcoholic beverages. You are welcome to bring your own bottled water, Gatorade, or another refreshment as long as it is alcohol-free. We are glad to see you rated everything else to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Panther Lake at Orange County National. We hope to see you again soon.

Fun and Challenging

Very well kept course but the greens have recently been punched and still recovering. Tee boxes and fairways were stellar. Don’t get in the rough, balls can be difficult to find!!

Commented on 07/29/2022

Hi Johnnie, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Panther Lake at Orange County National.

Almost Awesome

Overall our experience was good. Would’ve been great except for the attitude from the girl working in the restaurant. We stopped on the turn around 9am. Surprised that the restaurant doesn’t even open until 9 or whatever time they leisurely get there. As a paying customer who spends a lot of money on food and beverage at your course, I don’t appreciate being treated like I’m inconveniencing a bartender when asking for drinks and food. Not sure who peed in her Wheaties but it wasn’t me. Thank god for the guy working in the shop who had to come over and help us. Shop staff and outside staff are always great and helpful.

Commented on 07/22/2022

Beautifull course. Just lkike the on thier website

Commented on 07/06/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Panther Lake at Orange County National!

Great Course- snail pace

First time playing this course and loved it. The pace of play was at a snail’s pace…lots of waiting…but I’d definitely go back.

Commented on 07/06/2022

Needs a lot more time to heal.

The course was punched 10 days ago. I called before the punch to get the opinion of the condition of play. At that time they informed me that the course would be in good shape. It was not. Tee box gone. Greens bumpy to the point of inconsistent roll. Fairway bare at some spots. We rolled them to get to a decent spot to hit from. This course needs another month to heal.

Will be back again, worth the money

I’ve played just over a year so I don’t like to pay up but this course is beautiful. Worth over $100. I don’t live in Orlando but when I come back this is a priority

Current conditions: fast greens, near perfect tee boxes, great fairways

Commented on 06/16/2022

Windermere, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at The Lodge at Orange County National and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County- Crooked Cat and Orange County- Panther Lake.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at SpringHill Suites or TownePlace Suites and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County National, and Walt Disney World Golf.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Bay Hill Lodge and 1 round of golf at Bay Hill Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Orlando and 4 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County National, Shingle Creek Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.