A view of hole #17 at Orange County National - Panther Lake Course

Practice Hole Yes

Lodging

Lodging Available

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Locker Rooms

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2014 #13)

Playing Multiple Courses 75

Texas Advisor

Feels like a course for the pros

It's easy to tell right away that Panther Lake is a great pro golf tournament venue, as evidenced by its past hosting Q Schools, mini tours and more.. There are a lot of different looks off the tee and risk-reward decisions to make. Some pins can be tucked into some sinister positions on the greens, which roll really fast and nice. O-Town is an aspiring pro golfer mecca thanks in part to what OCN is offering out here. Perhaps my only knock on the layout is it seems there are some unnecessarily long drives between holes that puts a wrench in its ability offer a pleasant walker's course. Otherwise the design is excellent.

From the tourist duffer perspective (like me), in spite of being in the middle of nowhere on a relatively nondescript piece of property, there are a few surprisingly pleasant lakes and unique mature trees that give the round some added interest. Fairways are pretty generous, the sets of tees ahead of the Tiger Tees are very playable, and it's great being way from homes and theme park noise and all that Orlando chaos. There's a great practice area and pro shop and dining area so come early and stay late, and possibly play some added holes at Crooked Cat or the shorter 9-hole Tooth course.

This is definitely on my Top 5 Orlando-area courses to date, along with Bay Hill, El Campeon, Tranquilo and Waldorf.

Will be back again, worth the money

I’ve played just over a year so I don’t like to pay up but this course is beautiful. Worth over $100. I don’t live in Orlando but when I come back this is a priority

Current conditions: fast greens, near perfect tee boxes, great fairways

Commented on 06/16/2022

Thank you for your 5-star review! We here at Orange County National appreciate our guests taking the time to tell us about their experience! We look forward to seeing you out again very soon!

Thank you for your recommendation! We here at Orange County National appreciate our guests taking the time to tell us about their experience! We look forward to seeing you out again very soon!

Same issue

Always love playing OCN but I can always count on overzealous starters to hassle my group on the course for pace of play. No need for this. No one was pushing us or we weren’t waiting on anyone but still they had to interrupt our round to tell us to speed up. Nonsense. We have played for over 40 years and know the pace of play but still get hassled EVERY TIME. ENOUGH.

Commented on 06/17/2022

Thank you for reviewing Orange County National! We want the opportunity to get 5-stars on your next visit! Please let our staff know how we can make your experience more enjoyable!

Perfect time

First time playing at Panther Lake and absolutely loved it. Course was in great shape, greens running very nicely, staff very friendly. Got paired up with other single and had a great time. Played later in day and weather was great too !! Absolutely love playing at Orange County National.

Commented on 06/16/2022

Commented on 06/14/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review Orange County National! We hope to see you again soon so we can earn the chance to get 5 stars!

Thunder delay

Managed to get a really good Hot Deal for a mid afternoon tee time. Unfortunately we ran into a big thunderstorm on the 2nd hole and had a 40 minute delay. Managed to get back out on course first so for the remainder of the round saw no other players. This is a really good course with excellent greens which putted fast and true. Highly recommend a game at Panther Lake and I will return

OCN

Course was in great shape. Greens rolled true and fairways great, no bare spots. Played at 130 and finished in 4 hours.

Commented on 06/08/2022

Hello. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Panther Lake at Orange County National!

Play it for the greens and fairways

Greens and fairways in great shape. Some of the ancillary items not maintained as well

Commented on 06/08/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Panther Lake at Orange County National. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Phenomenal course

The course is magnificent and absolutely well kept. The staff was friendly and helpful and the greens are amazing. I’ve already called some friends to plan another round here

Commented on 06/08/2022

Hello. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Panther Lake at Orange County National.

Not as Bad as it looks!!!

I've been playing OCN for years , this time around it was a little different. the course looked really bad, dirt patches along tee boxes and greens. the fairways were ok but the rough had many bare spots. as beautiful is I'm use to seeing this course it didn't play that bad if you avoid the areas I mentioned, the tee boxes and greens were in great shape! I had mixed review on the outside staff, when I arrived the morning guys were excellent, grab my bag set me up the original cart I had seem like it was dying he changed carts and gave me one that had full charge. when I came in after the round it was a different crew they were sitting down looked like they didn't want to be there!

Commented on 06/10/2022

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 06/01/2022

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Panther Lake at Orange County National.

Perfect Day of Summer Golf

We teed off as a twosome at 1 o’clock and did not run into anyone all day. We played in a little over 3 hours, course was in great shape, and all staff was friendly. Will definitely be coming back!

Commented on 06/01/2022

Great time

First time playing this course. I was traveling from Louisiana so I didn’t have my clubs. Was immediately impressed that they gave me some top of the line rentals. Course is in superb shape. The greens are lightning fast but once you hit a few you get used to the speed. Pace of play suddenly slowed down at the turn but that’s okay because this course is top of the line!

Commented on 05/26/2022

Top 5 golf course in Orlando

One of the best golf course in Orlando hands down.

Commented on 06/08/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Panther Lake at Orange County National. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Not worth the price charged.

The course was just ok. Greens were in good condition.. Rolling true and decent speed. The condition of the fairways was not what I was expecting. They were quite spotty and in rough condition. Had to move the ball onto grass numerous times. I was playing with a threesome that said there is definitely better courses in the area for less money, specifically the Disney courses. I left the course feeling a little disappointed but still had a good time.

Commented on 06/10/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Panther Lake at Orange County National, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 05/25/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Panther Lake at Orange County National!

Commented on 05/25/2022

Tuesday golf

Course was empty Tuesday pm so pace of play was GREAT. Had a cart girl on a Tuesday. The practice facilities are OFF the chain!!!! Course handles lien ferry tour finals so you know it’s good and tough. They have lots of tee selections for women men kids so all levels can play the correct tees! Corse was not Prestine condition but very good. They have two great courses but summer one can be closed for maintenance. I play there a lot and hardly ever disappointed with conditions!!!

Commented on 05/20/2022

Windermere, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at The Lodge at Orange County National and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County- Crooked Cat and Orange County- Panther Lake.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at SpringHill Suites or TownePlace Suites and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County National, and Walt Disney World Golf.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Bay Hill Lodge and 1 round of golf at Bay Hill Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Orlando and 4 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County National, Shingle Creek Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.