Stonebridge Golf Club

Year Built 1972
Architect George Cobb

Golf School Academy Yes - "Stonebridge Golf School"

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover
Fivesomes Allowed No. Only with permission.
Single Allowed No

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Tennessee (2019 #20)

Thick Rough 16

Unbelievably bad

Thought I’d give this course another try since I live in the area. I could not believe the poor condition the course is in. I don’t think it will be open much longer. I was told they don’t have the money to cut the grass. Find that hard to believe when the superintendent is on a salary. Guess he’s too lazy to get on the mower. They are charging 10.00 more during the week then the other courses in the area and and the weekends as well. And the course looks worse than my yard. Even before they put the new greens in, everything else was maintained. They aren’t doing anything at all now.

Bad Business

Called on a Monday and BOOKED Tee times for Sunday for 8 golfers. Gentleman on the phone confirms my time for Sunday. Show up on Sunday and we’re told we have no tee time. It was scheduled for Saturday and we didn’t show up. It was not our error. Sunday sounds nothing like Saturday on the phone. The gentleman didn’t attempt to fix the error on their behalf at all. Even tells me I made the mistake. Wow! We have two guys traveling over an hour to play this course. Our group will never play this course again.

WE PLAY THIS COURSE SEVERAL TIMES! 5 times in last two weeks...

COVID 19. Changes everything

This is a challenging yet fair course. I’ve played it several times over the years and it’s in the worst condition I’ve ever seen it. Weeds, over growth and all around neglect. I’m used to good visuals at stone bridge and today wasn’t the case. Still love the course. My hope is it will be better my next time out.

Commented on 04/09/2020

Thank you for your great feedback! We're glad you enjoyed the challenge the course has to offer.

Greens need work

I normally always enjoy stonebridge as it has one of the best layouts in town. I know it is barely spring but course conditions were rough. Fairways are full of weeds and bunkers are unplayable. Greens look like they forgot some weed prevention spray, some looked like a mini garden. I have heard the course is under new management and hope this is something they are working on. All it needs is some TLC.

Commented on 05/20/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future.

Don’t waste your money

Most poorly managed and maintained course in Shelby County, possibly West Tennessee. Pins are only moved once a month. No sand in the traps. They haven’t been filled since last June. Weeds on the greens. No maintenance has been done in about 4 months. Their staff isn’t friendly and the management has no customer service relations. He thinks it’s either his way or the highway. He will tell you he doesn’t care if you ever play there again or not. Their snack bar is always understaffed. And there are many times they will close when they shouldn’t be, or even close early so you can’t play.

Commented on 03/05/2020

We appreciate you rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Stonebridge Golf Course!

Always Love This Course

This course has so much character. Every hole has its own challenges and even during my winter round today the course was in great condition. The staff was friendly and greeted me when I arrived and we had a great day there. The only thing not friendly about this course is how hard Hole 6 is (It always gets me!). Kidding aside I've been playing at this course for a long time and its always a fun day when this is where we decide to play.

Not worth it

This is the most poorly managed and maintained course in the area. You never know when they will be open. You never know when the food and beverage is open. The sand traps are all mud and haven’t been maintained in years. The leaves got blown off the course, but not mulched, so you still can’t find your ball in the rough, and on some holes, not even in the fairway. They seldom move the pins or tee boxes. The greens are never rolled. Only good thing is you pay a winter rate. They have a new GM who knows nothing about golf or dealing with the public. And the superintendent or his crew are never working on the golf course.

Great experience

Wonderful staff and great service when I got some food at the turn (which was tasty). Course is challenging and in great condition, especially for this time of year. Excited to come back in the spring.

Not impressed

We won’t be golfing here again. Some (not all) of the staff was borderline rude and unprofessional. The course was not in good shape. our golf cart was garbage and died half way through. On the back 9 it’s not the best area and there were random people and children roaming the course. Also, not really a fan of the layout (homes very close to the greens). You can pay the same amount and golf at much nicer courses. Thought we would try this place out and regretting it.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 09/23/2020

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Stonebridge Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 08/24/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 09/23/2020

We appreciate your 4-star rating! Be sure to book your next tee time with us very soon.

First time On Course.

This was my first time playing here. I was pleasantly surprised how well kept the course was today. Unfortunately the Bunkers were non playable as there were rock pebbles all in them. All you do is play Covid golf and place the ball outside the bunker and resume play. Pace of play was great. Greens were good. Will be back soon. I was happy to see a Marshal checking Everyones pace of play.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're glad you had a great first time trying out Stonebridge Golf Club.

Good course

Course is in good area, setup is pretty good. Greens are rough at the moment and will be excellent if brought back to good shape

Commented on 07/21/2020

Hi u000007744148! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

A bit pricey but good course

I like the set up of Stonebridge winding through an old golf course neighborhood. The layout is just challenging enough for a bogey+ golfer like myself. Just wish the price was a little lower but overall a good time. Will definitely return again.

Commented on 07/10/2020

Thank you for the great feedback! We look forward to your next tee time with us.

New ownership has let the course go down hill.
Water makes a big difference. Hard tee boxes,
Burn spots and black spots on greens, non-maintained bunkers and rough cart paths.

Commented on 06/22/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope you give us another shot soon.

Commented on 06/08/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We'd love to have you back soon!

Work in progress

The course was still rather wet from the recent rains. Since we have had so much rain several areas were very overgrown. The fairways were not too bad. I always enjoy playing this course. The layout is good and it is a challenging course. Maybe after this virus stuff goes away they can bring the staff back and regain control of the grass.

Commented on 04/14/2020

We're happy you enjoy the course layout as well as the challenge to your game. We hope you're taking care and hope to see you again soon.

Cordova, Tennessee