Type Public/Municipal
Orgill Golf Course

Year Built 1972
Architect Press Little Press Maxwell (1972)

Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Lockers

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #22)

Junior Golfers 6

Very Unfriendly Staff

I have played this course a lot and before the past couple of years it was great the course wasn’t in the best shape but it was nice enough, cheap, and laid back. The past couple of years the price has gone way up and the course has only slightly improved. The staff is my main reason for the rating I have played at a lot of courses and never have I been threatened to be kicked off the course except for twice at orgill for taking multiple shots while waiting on the group ahead of me while no one was behind me. They act like this course is a pga caliber course in that if it sprinkles outside it’s cart path only. Overall have had many rude encounters with multiple different staff members and it’s just too crappy of a course and too expensive to keep playing it. It’s sad because I like the course it’s just very poorly run.

Golf course

Staff at the golf course is the best. Go see for yourself. You will not regret it.

Orgill park golf club

For a public golf course in the Memphis area this is one of the best kept secrets ..I had a great round and was very tempted to go pay for a second !It has much improved Fairways and greens are kept up fairly well,it's not a difficult course to play and player's of all skill levels will have fun here. The staff are very friendly ( Terri provided exceptional customer service!). The only thing is that the greens are a bit on the small side but that only means that your approach shot has to be a bit more accurate! Overall I had a great round

Commented on 10/27/2020

Your feedback is important to us, panties. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Orgill Golf Course.

Good Day

Course was I. Good shape and pace of play was quick. Played here many times and today was the best I’ve seen the course in a while. Pretty short track but interesting lay out with some water. No bunkers makes it pretty forgiving but good to build your confidence.

Good value for the money.

Commented on 10/06/2020

Thank you for your review, abayungan. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Orgill Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Eric

I don't know why they haven't fired Eric yet. This man belittled a patron of the course in front of others because he asked for a junior golfer to play with him. I will never return to this course. I play almost every weekend and I will never give this course another dime of my money.

Commented on 09/28/2020

Hi u602809701. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Orgill Golf Course.

Please cut the grass!

Grass isn’t very well cut. Especially the rough. Looks like they only cut a small fairway. It’s about 20 yards wide per fairway. And the rough is so high you can’t find the ball. Slows the pace of play down way too much. Some rough is up to your calf’s or knees. Especially number 9 and right of number 10. Greens are also filled with dead spots. There is also apparently an irrigation problem. The course was very wet in spots including number 6 green with standing water. We haven’t had rain in about 3 weeks and the course was still soaked. The maintenance on the course has become very laxed and lazy.

Commented on 09/24/2020

Hello, Tigersfan1. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Orgill Golf Course!

Cut the Roughs

Last played there a couple of months ago. They don't make any effort to cut the roughs, and if you hit your ball into the rough, good luck finding it. Even if you hit it in the fairway and it rolls into the rough, good luck finding it. Spent too much time trying to find my ball, making for a miserable round! Orgill, you've done much better in the past, but the roughs are too deep now. Cut the dumb roughs. I won't be back until the roughs are cut lower!

Course condition

The course is/was in very good condition, with fair length rough

Commented on 09/29/2020

Thank you for your review, u000006139578. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Orgill Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice Course with great Features

The course played really well even with the rainy conditions. The fairways were in excellent shape. The greens were in good shape. Maybe could have been cut just a bit lower for a faster more true roll

Commented on 09/10/2020

Hello, gblee. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Orgill Golf Course!

Continual improvement

This course gets better and better. They have worked hard to fix several previous issues. The greens are much better than last year. The covid virus brought about some difficulties but, the staff here seems to be handling it just fine. I would recommend this course to anyone.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hi BWSmith49. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Orgill Golf Course.

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hi, Trousilb1. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Orgill Golf Course!

Love that front desk lady.

I got behind schedule and she moved my tee time. Very understanding. Then I realized they didn’t rent clubs so I had to go buy some. She let me play since I had already paid. Honestly I know I’ll be coming back just because of friendliness.

As far as the course goes. It’s a great course for beginners like myself. The cart track isn’t worn out too bad, and the grass is kept.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hi LAWJ24. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Orgill Golf Course.

Great place

This course gets better every time I play. How they have updated the greens is amazing. The girls inside are the friendliest girls that I’ve had assist me.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Your feedback is important to us, FuvIAYJQADaAQaSslvVQ. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Orgill Golf Course.

The Changes Are Remarkable

I’ve been playing Orgill Golf Course for years. This is the best this golf course has ever looked. The changes in the process of being made at the course will only enhance one’s playing experience. Eric Howard and the Staff at Orgill are the best—the greatest team ready to serve every golfer! After our foursome finished today the consensus was—“We will be back and very soon!”

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hi u387508253. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Orgill Golf Course!

Little gem in Millington

Nice course. Well manicured. Friendly staff. Costly easy course. Great for beginning golfers. Pace of play is pretty good. The only issue was the height of the rough. It’s an easy course so that’s it’s only defense besides the trees. However, it certainly slows the pace of play when you have to search for the ball in rough where it sinks to the bottom. My only suggestion would to cut it a little lower to speed up play. It’s thick, and I know the course is easy. It is what it is. But it’s not fun searching for balls slightly out of the fairway.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hi Tigersfan1. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Orgill Golf Course!

Great course for the cost!!!

Orgill Golf Course is one of those best kept secrets. The layout is awesome and Eric has put a lot of work in making course reach the potential we all knew it has.

The fairways are open for those high handicappers while offering a challenge the the low handicapper on several holes.

I expect the greens to be in great shape in 2021!!!

Mixed

Greens in terrible shape; some unplayable. Rough is very punitive for this level course. Balls disappear just a couple of yards off the fairway. Clubhouse personnel not wearing COVID masks! Otherwise, a fine layout although with some very challenging holes. Beautiful lakes and scenery. Yardage markers are unreliable.

Commented on 08/26/2020

Hi, u8209033. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Orgill Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Orgill Park 8/4/20

Great round of golf. The course was in ok shape. Played here not too long ago where it was in much better condition. The greens were super slow. The rough were really rough, lost a couple balls because the rough were pretty tall. Tee boxes were in good shape. I really like the layout and I play here several times a year. I’ll still play here, it’s just yesterday’s condition was not as good as other times.

Commented on 08/06/2020

Hello, u000006352631. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great place to pkay

Play here weekly
10-16 of us
All good

Commented on 09/01/2020

Your feedback is important to us, vlvEarGUrG20GIPhKR1P. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Orgill Golf Course.

Millington, Tennessee