Previously known as Patriots Glen

Architect Jeff Matthai

Clubs No

Bar

Course is great!

Patriots Glen is a great place to play. Course was in great shape and it’s a good challenge.

Decent course for sunday golfers, dont think its priced according to the course condition but a good day out none the less.

Work in progress

I have played here for years and the course has been on a steady decline. I loved hearing at the end of last year that new ownership was coming in and were shutting down the course for a little while. Got a chance to play it and a lot of work needs to still happen. Tee boxes are terrible/dead and need to be re done. Fairways and rough need time to come around but looks better then last year. Bunkers were still rough. Now the biggest problem in the past were the lack of greens. Many over the years were burnt up and there wasn’t any grass at all. The closing of the course for a little definitely helped that. Greens were much better and there was actually grass. They haven’t been cut yet so it’s like putting on carpet but at least it’s grass. So there is definitely progress and hopefully it continues to trend in an upward pattern. Price was a little steep for the current conditions. I think it’s a $50 course once everything comes together but not yet. I will not be coming back to play unless the price drops a little or the course makes the full turnaround.

New Owners, Getting Better

Everything I read made me think it would be a dump. I noticed it got bought last year and had just re-opened so I decided to give it a chance. I got paired with a guy who was a regular and he said they had made a lot of improvements. Still had some burnt fairways and tee boxes, but the greens were in good shape and you could see they were actively trying to improve the place. Driving range and club house are still closed and they still have a decent amount of work to do, but you can tell they are trying to improve. I was pleasantly surprised.

New Management: Hopeful for the future

This course is under new management and the staff is positive and hopeful about the future for this track. A nice blend of holes: long and straight and niche' holes that make this a really fun afternoon. The grass on the greens was full and longer than golfers would prefer, but staff confirmed this is part of a process they are going through right now to rehabilitate the entire course. An outside company was hired to verticut and top dress the greens and it really shows. The tee boxes were long and fluffy - hopefully those will be mowed shorter soon along with the fairways. It was obvious that they are actively working to promote grass health so we played the ball up so as not to have unfair lies in the fairways.

I am looking forward to seeing this course rehabilitate and improve. I have a good feeling this is going to be one to check out in the future.

The course is in good shape

The new owner has people conditioning the course for much better play.

Nothing but positives

The greens are as full and nice as I’ve seen them in YEARS! Yes they are a little long and slow, but anyone who played here in the past has to admit they are awesome now!! 99% grass overall. The greens are also undulating and in the larger size. Not many flat putts to be found.
Also, bunkers are in great shape. Still a few under repair. But it’s also the first time in years the bunkers have be at all playable.
I read about new ownership and it’s obvious the effort been done. ( unlike previous owners who seemed to do a money grab and little to improve the course)
I have played Patriots in all courses conditions. It is a great layout! . Most of the holes are secluded. Few straight forward holes. Most landing areas are wide enough. Any amount of course knowledge is huge here. At least have a GPS with you. Course does wind thru a neighborhood , but few homes come into play.
I do hope to see Patriots Glen closer to 5 stars all around again soon. Definitely seem to be on the right track now. The bar inside looks great.

Good course for all skill levels

This course is best for beginner and intermediate level golfers.

A Good Winter Day At Patriots Glen

This is my second time reviewing this course in the winter, I always enjoy my expereience at Patriots Glen. This layout is very nice with different elevations and turing holes around water and marsh wet lands. The greens have been airated and they dont roll very well in December but never the less , it is a fun day to hit long drives and nice approach shots it to accommodating greens. I will certainly go back.

Commented on 12/17/2021

Hi MT0102,

Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create an enjoyable experience so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course.

We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game.

Thank you for visiting and playing at Patriots Glen National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Disappointed

The fairways are in very bad shape the tee-boxs and the fairways need to be cut way shorter. It felt like I was playing of a shag carpets.
Some of the greens have bare spots and not in very good shape

Commented on 10/14/2021

Hi, u091354781. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the construction projects underway. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

A Very Nice Experience

Patriots Glen has improved throughout the year ,
It’s greens are full and fast. The fairways are filling in nicely
Overall it’s a great place to play and the staff is always great.
Go play Patriots Glen.

Mick Tomlin

Commented on 09/30/2021

Hello, MT0102. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Patriots Glen National Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Patriots Glen

Ground crew needs to fix mold problem on some fairways. Invest in new grass/soil for fairways.

Commented on 09/28/2021

Hi, matthewkazmar1. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club.

Has Potential

Looks like they are trying to improve course, but the fairways need work. Prior reviews set tone of expectations, they did not fail. Fair value for cost with the layout of course very nice and challenging. With improvements this could be an excellent track.

Commented on 09/28/2021

Hi, DonVarga! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Patriots Glen National Golf Club!

Almost there

Course only needs fine tuning of fairways and greens.

Commented on 09/28/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us, joeyd881. We are always trying to improve. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Patriots Glen National Golf Club thank you!

Still A Ways to Go

Played here two weeks ago Conditions were poor. Improved today, but still need to keep going. Greens were a little better. fairways a little less barren, but both of those still not up to par.

Commented on 09/22/2021

Hi, u000001048092! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Patriots Glen National Golf Club!

Great place to play; mediocre conditions

Wasn't the first time playing here but, the greens and fairways have been getting worse. A lot of dead, dirt areas on fairway and too many divots on the greens. The staff has always been outstanding, never complained. I understand you're trying to fill up every time slot but the waiting was pretty bad. My friend and I had to partner up with another pair to try and get the ball going. Our golf cart died on 17 but they were kind gracious enough to come right out in minutes to give us another. I'd still go back. The Course itself is one of my favorites. Just hope they'd keep it up to par.... no pun intended

Commented on 09/15/2021

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, Shaun6510502. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us and our staff. We understand improvements need to be made. Thanks for choosing Patriots Glen National Golf Club!

Commented on 09/09/2021

Hello, u000001048092. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Patriots Glen National Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Beware

Course is in very poor condition, even accounting for the hurricane that we just experienced. Aside from the typical standing water in bunkers, areas of dead grass in the fairways from pooling water, and overall wet conditions, there was so much more wrong with the course. First, the tee box grass was so high that using a typical tee setup for a driver had the bottom of the ball touching the grass. It was essentially impossible to play tee shots on the short par 4s and par 3s with an iron. Second, the greens were completely destroyed and the pin placements made no sense. Most holes had 1/4 to 1/2 of the green that were in decent shape yet almost all of the holes had the pins located in the unplayable areas. There was no signage or direction from the course staff to not play the greens of any holes or make any other course play changes other than 90 degrees on fairways with carts. Second, the starter was completely miserable and insinuated that I hadn’t paid for my round when picking up the cart, with my receipt in hand for 3 players total pre-paid, and with the cart keys that the club pro gave me. He asked the name of my booking and the time and appears to almost be defeated that I was on his sheet. He then followed me to my vehicle and then stared at us while we were getting ready for the round. After that, he followed us to the first tee and once again said nothing but just stared at us while we tee’d off and then on 2 more occasions throughout the round he drove by and stared at us while still moving. Third, on several holes they had grounds crew working in the bunkers but at no point did they waive us through to hit tee or approach shots and then were salty with us when we hit close to them, mind you in almost every situation they were in the middle of the fairway or in green side bunkers. Lastly, on several holes they were spraying some type of green chemical, on already wet, chewed up greens which made them essentially impossible to put on. Several holes we just decided to take a 2 or 3 putt on the card and move on. I played this course last year and it was in much better shape so I am not sure what has happened. Very disappointing day, especially considering we drove over an hour to play.

Landenberg, Pennsylvania
Rising Sun, Maryland
4.2058823529
Wilmington, Delaware
Avondale, Pennsylvania
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Seaview, A Dolce Hotel and 2 rounds of golf at Seaview Golf Club - Bay & Pines Courses.