Craft Farms - Cotton Creek

Year Built 1987
Architect Arnold Palmer (1987) Ed Seay (1987)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex Accepted

OUTDTANDING COURSE

THE COURSE WAS IN GREAT SHAPE AND FUN TO PLAY.
WE HAD A GOOD TIME AND CANT WAIT TO SEE THE CLUBHOUSE ONCE RENNOVATIONS ARE COMPLETE. THE ONLY MAJOR COMPLAINT IS THAT THEY ALLOW MEMBER FOURSOMES TO PLAY WITH 4 CARTS IN THE GROUP. WE HAD TWO GROUPS CONTINOUSLY RIDE OUR BUTTS UNTIL WE HAD TO LET THEM PLAY THROUGH. THATS WAS PRETTY CHICKEN ---- OF THE MEMBERS!!

Grass

Where’s the grass? I live off Cypress Bend and it seems like the maintenance crew people are perpetually cutting the fairways. Why? And if they must be kept busy, at least raise the height of the mowers 1 level.

We have had multiple friends from out of town visit. They all loved the beauty of the course and the extremely friendly staff. But they all said the same thing I’m saying - WHERE’s THE GRASS?

Course has great features

The course was immaculate. Clubhouse was under repair but temporary clubhouse and staff working well.

Challenging golf course

I love playing Cotton Creek golf course, it's fun and challenging. The greens were aerated, but I still like the fact that I don't have to follow a slow play people. Slow play kills my game.
The staff were awesome especially the bag boy, named, Mark Relich he makes you feel VIP. I also like the fact that the bathroom on the course have air conditioned, and clean.

Round Review

Course was in good shape overall. Our biggest complaint was the fact we had two mowers following us on 7 consecutive holes. They did not care that we payed close to $100 to play the course. They would not stop cutting while we were hitting our tee shots and there was multiple times I had both lawnmowers sitting beside me while hitting an approach shop. They were also cutting up by the greens while we were putting. We talked with a player assistance employee out on the course and he agreed that they should not have been cutting while we were playing. He even suggested that the clubhouse should give us a rain check for it. We talked with a staff member in the clubhouse and they just acted like it was no big deal. I really enjoyed the course but I’m not sure we will play this course again.

Wonder staff

We were in town for Vacation and played 18 holes. It had rained pretty hard earlier in the day so the course was very wet. It was a moderate difficulty plays well, I will absolutely golf there again.
What stuck out to me the most about the course was the friendliness of the staff. I have golfed in several states, but the staff here just has Customer service mastered. I want to give a special Thank you to Paola in the pro shop, she was fantastic, great humor, knowledgeable, and just made us feel very welcome. Thank you Paola for everything. I can't remember the other person's name in the club house tending bar, but she was just as welcoming and Friendly! Thank you for a great Visit! We will be back.

Overall great course

I teed off at 0720 and finished at 1030...doesn't get much better than that and didn't feel rushed. Granted, it was a twosome, but no one pushed us and we never pushed anyone in front. Very friendly staff and unfortunately, it was during covid and wasn't able to enjoy ALL of the amenities, but the practice facilities were available and the staff was very accommodating and safe.

Cotton Creek

The course was in pretty good shape overall. The cart paths were a little bumpy with overgrown tree roots. The fairways and greens see quite a bit of play so divots and ball marks are to be expected. The staff is superb. It really is a private club, VIP type experience. They greet you at your car with a cart, unload your bag, help you get checked in, unlimited range balls are included as well as use of the ample practice facilities. I played twice this week and both rounds were less than 4 hours, however I went out early, 8:15am the first day and 7:15am the second. Bring your iron and putting game, the course features some big doglegs and a lot of water. My only issue about course condition was the sand in every bunker was different. Some were red clay type sand, others white fluffy beach sand, and others, like kinetic sand. I am not sure if that’s on purpose but I’d not seen that before. Overall the experience was great. It is on the higher end side but you don’t get too many hackers willing to pay $100+ per round, so that alone weeds out the twice yearly golfer, improving the pace of play by upwards of 30-45 minutes.

Average

For $111 I would have expected a more in shape and better overall course. With it being the middle of May I would have hoped for plush and lush grass everywhere, but unfortunately Craft Farms was not that. The golf carts are old and need to be replaced. The cart paths are full of cracks, bumps, and unevenness. This course should only be charging $60-$70 on the weekend. Somewhat disappointed in my experience.

Commented on 05/28/2020

We appreciate your feedback and we apologize that we did not meet and exceed your expectations. If you could kindly give us a call at 251.968.3500 we would welcome an opportunity to exceed your expectations. We hope to hear from you soon.

Craft Farms Management.

4.5120470588
Orange Beach, Alabama
Elberta, Alabama
GULF SHORES, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at ONE Club Gulf Shores and 3 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf & Racquet Club, ONE Club Golf Course, and Craft Farms Golf Resort (Cypress Bend or Cotton Creek Course).
GULF SHORES, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at ONE Club Gulf Shores and 4 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf & Racquet Club, Rock Creek Golf Club, and Craft Farms Golf Resort (Cypress Bend & Cotton Creek Courses).
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
Gulf Shores Golf Around Package
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
Best of Gulf Shores Golf Package
MIRAMAR BEACH, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and 4 rounds of golf at The Links Golf Club, Baytowne Golf Club, Raven Golf Club & Burnt Pine Golf Club.