A view from a tee at Stonewall Golf Club from Lake Manassas.

Stonewall Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Architect Tom Jackson (2001)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX
Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt And Bermuda Shorts Required

Dinner 8
Thick Rough 12

Virginia Advisor

A Very Pretty Course…

While there are better values to be had in Northern Virginia golf, there’s no disputing Stonewall Golf Club is a beautiful course.

The layout and location is the selling point here, with multiple holes having great views of Lake Manassas. You can even see glimpses of its prestigious neighbor, Robert Trent Jones Golf Club. Stonewall’s layout meanders through the woods and along the shoreline with a wide variety of holes. Some very narrow holes are often followed by some wide open ones but be sure to bring plenty of balls with you. Between the water hazards, the woods, the adjacent houses and the thick rough, you’re likely to lose a few or more during your round.

The course conditions are excellent with smooth, rolling fairways, soft tee boxes, groomed bunkers, and fast greens. The course was still a bit soggy when I played and was cart-path only and there were signs of heavy use on the green. The slow pace of the day at least gave me ample time to repair several ball marks.

There’s a full staff on hand (the beverage cart girl was very attentive although the young starter was having a bit of an off day not knowing who was out and who was waiting) and the facilities at Stonewall are what you’d expect for a premium club that charges over $100 a round. I paid $70 for a twilight rate and even in early September, there’s not much of a window if you want to pay less than triple digits and get 18 holes in. It was a 5-hour round on the dot for me, but I’m sure the cart-path-only had a lot to do with it.

Overall, Stonewall is a great course if you can afford it. The course conditions are exponentially better than nearby Virginia Oaks but you certainly pay for what you get.

Commented on 11/28/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club!

Commented on 11/25/2022

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas.

Amazingly Beautiful

I played this course for the 1st time yesterday. The course was in fantastic conditions with some of the best fairways I have ever played on. The staff both inside and out were friendly and courteous, The course was quite challenging but very fun to play. The layout as well as scenery was breathtaking. I spent more time admiring the houses on the course than I did looking for my shanked shot. I would definitely recommend this course. I drove an hour to get here but will be back again. A+++

Commented on 11/12/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great Round

The course was in great shape, the staff was helpful and friendly, and it was priced right.

Commented on 11/08/2022

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club.

Commented on 11/14/2022

Commented on 11/07/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Stonewall Golf Club!

Commented on 11/01/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Stonewall Golf Club!

Pretty course but too slow

I love this course, has a pretty layout and a well kept course but you can't finish it if you go out in the afternoon because of the traffic no matter hao fast you play. . You should give more intervals between the tee time. Also, the starters never know what the pin position is that day.

Commented on 11/08/2022

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Stonewall Golf Club.

Review

Course is in great condition and the staff is very helpful.

Commented on 11/01/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Stonewall Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 10/30/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas!

October Golf

What a gem. The grounds were magnificent. The pace of play was slowed down by a passing thunderstorm. But for October it was in great shape. Give this place a try.

Commented on 10/27/2022

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single-star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club.

Aeration yhis week, front closed and back aerated last week

We had to play the back twice and it was just punched a couple days earlier. I like the course and usually its a good track to play, I just hate playing the same 9 twice and it being newly punched.

Commented on 10/28/2022

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule and keeping them in pristine condition. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club.

Great Layout/Terrible Service

I have played at Stonewall more than ten times. The observations here are consistent with all of my experiences there. The course is a very good layout that generally is in very good condition for a public course. It is definitely worth playing. But be prepared for TERRIBLE service. It starts at the bag drop. I have never been met there or offered assistance moving my clubs to the area where you can get a cart. And it continues. I have never been told what the pin placement is on the course. If you don't ask for range balls, they will not be offered (although they are included in the price). When you finish the round, no one will offer to clean your clubs or help carry them to the bag drop. There always are a number of young employees milling around outside the clubhouse, but from what I can tell, they sit around looking at their cell phones and get paid for doing nothing. It's unprofessional and disappointing. Yet, it is the same every time I play there.

Pace of Play and Aeration

1. The foursome ahead of ours was convinced it was the only group on the course, and took forever to play each shot. There were no groups in front of it, and no marshals to tell them to speed up or allow others to play through.
2. The back nine was closed due to aeration, which is fine, but we didn't learn this until we saw the "Closed" sign on the path to the 10th tee. They did not tell us this while checking in at the pro shop, nor include this information on the website while making the reservation. Utterly poor communication by the staff and management.

Commented on 10/26/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. We will pass along your experience and feedback to our team. Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club!

First Visit

Snack bar was closed so that was a disappointment as we had a 12:30 tee time and we’re hoping to get something to eat before we went out.

The threesome in front of us routinely hit two and three balls per golfer off the tee so it would’ve been nice if a marshal had come around to speed them up.

I liked the course layout and it was in pretty good shape for mid October. If the course was closer to me I would play it more often.

Commented on 10/20/2022

One of the best in NoVa

Stonewall is one of my favorite courses in Northern Virginia. Great layout and always in top shape. Worth the hour drive from Stafford every time.

Commented on 10/18/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Stonewall Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Gainesville, Virginia
Nokesville, Virginia
Gainesville, Virginia
Bristow, Virginia
Bristow, Virginia
South Riding, Virginia
Centreville, Virginia
4.6190571429
HOT SPRINGS | Experience the ultimate Buddy Golf Captains getaway at the iconic Omni Homestead Resort, September 30 - October 2.
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Seaview, A Dolce Hotel and 2 rounds of golf at Seaview Golf Club - Bay & Pines Courses.