Type
Forfar Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1871
Architect Old Tom Morris (1871) James Braid (1926)

Carts Yes - £20

Catering

Go and play

First time playing the course. A very friendly welcome and an excellent clubhouse. The course was a traditional layout which required some thinking off the tees. Greens were great given the traffic of the previous day.

Would thoroughly recommend a game here.

Playing golf steeped in history

Having just played Golf at Forfar Golf club I would encourage everyone to go dip their toe into Golf history they will not be disappointed, the course maybe 150 years old but it is in fantastic condition.

Golfing gem

Played this not expecting too much but was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.
I have paid a lot more for so called better courses and not felt that I got value for money.
This course though is well worth it and reasonably priced. I would not hesitate to reccommend it as a good place to visit. A warm welcome will await you based on my experieance there.
Not the longest of courses if your a big hitter but you will not be disappointed in the quality and condition of the course.

Great Club

After 2 days on St Andrew’s playing Old and new we took a last minute booking for Forfar on the way home A really great reception from the staff with a proper bacon roll and mug of tea before a round on a beautiful course where the members were all friendly and helpful. Could not recommend highly enough.

Fantastic

We played this course on the most spectacular day in November. Although there were forward tees and some temporary greens, the course was in excellent condition for the time of year. spectacular scenery and interesting holes.

A great challenge

First time playing Forfar in around 30 years back when I was a kid playing with my grandparents, course was pretty much as I remembered it and was in great condition. Accuracy off the tee is paramount as I found to my cost once or twice!
Personally I found there was maybe a little overkill on the bunkers, they seemed to be absolutely everywhere but then again that's my fault for finding alot of them!
The group in front of us were slow and they looked for EVERY lost ball until they found it which in turn led to the group behind us catching up to us, nothing we could do about that afraid but still apologised none the less.
Pro shop staff were very friendly and helpful, will definitely be returning soon

Classic course

Once again we returned to Forfar having visited & played here a number of times over the years. It is always a course that draws you back, mainly for the overall feel about the place & value for money. 2 in our party of 4 forgot to book a buggy & when we turned up the guy in the shop couldn't help enough in sorting 1 out for our more elderly pair. 2 of us walked the course & found it a great challenge once again, with the tricky holes just beating us. However, we made up for it on a few holes,which balanced things up. One thing we have found with the covid situation is a real mixture of 2, 3 & 4-balls making you push your way round the course quicker, which has to be good for the game.Give Forfar a try & like us, you will be back for more.Remember to finish in the bar with a well earned drink where you can recall your round. Well done Forfar!

Lovely wee course

We had never played Forfar and found it really enjoyable. Lovely weather helped and the course was in good condition. Rolling fairways with maybe 1 too many blind drives. Greens were good if a wee bit slow on the day we played ( heavy rain night before ). Staff were very friendly and COVID arrangements were thorough but not oppressive. Some lovely views and interesting holes. Not a long course but makes you think your way off the tee and onto the correct level of green.
Really enjoyed it.

This course should be on all golfers to play list

A true hidden gem of a course. Excellent layout that demands accuracy both off the tee and on the greens. The fairways have a real links golf feel to them with rolling undulations. A lot of the holes are tree lined as well which gives them individual definition. We played the course in July and it was in magnificent condition. Will definitely play it again and recommend any golfer to add it to their “to play” list

Good wee course

First time playing the course and really enjoyed it

Unique challenge

Tremendous course with a truly fascinating history.
Designed by Tom Morris and then tweaked by James Braid it boasts an illustrious calibre. The World's first 18 hole course from inception no less.
The rolling undulations, a product of flax farming apparently, make for a unique challenge. Whilst not long by modern standards it makes for a great day out. Every facet of your game is tested, if you can score here you can ultimately play anywhere.
Enjoyed a meal after my round and food matched my experience on the course, superb. Always enjoy bringing friends here.

Imagine a frozen sea

I like hilly courses. That is not exactly what Forfar is though. Many fairways have multiple rolling undulations a bit like a frozen sea. This makes for interesting golf - and this is written by someone who has a links course as their home club so does not expect iron flat fairways.

Notwithstanding it is a course you should play. It is interesting the scenery good to. Green fee prices vary so if you can wait for a hot deal it is worth doing so. We were greeted well at the pro shop. This time we did not eat in the club house

I have played this course a few times now. When the weather is good it is great. When it rains the course deals with the lying water really well. I love this course. This round though weather was miserable. Played poor cause we were drenched. This time we were held up by a fourball who wouldn't let us through, thankfully they gave up due to weather. Even though all these negatives still enjoyed the round and will definitely go back. Actually thinking of joining Forfar because we love it so much and I stay in perth.

1st game back

Forfar is a lovely little course not too long and its a fair test. Greens were a touch bobbly but a bit early in the season to criticise too much...Overall very satisfied plus i played well...

Fantastic

Myself and my brother played this course today. It has been raining for a few days now, the course has stood up well and was very playable. Love this course. For £13 value out of this world. Highly rate and recommend

It could be very good but needs new green staff due to greens are poor at best & new buggy’s that the windscreen don’t fall out half way through the round. Only played it once so it could be a one off but I won’t be playing it again due to the pro blaming us for the windscreen falling off the buggy. We didn’t go in the clubhouse so we can’t comment on that

Always a very good test

All be it late in the season, in very good condition. Greens a wee bit slow but rolling well.
Very enjoyable.

4.2022166667
Carnoustie, Angus
Carnoustie, Angus
Dundee, Dundee City
ST. ANDREWS | Enjoy 6 nights' accommodations at Ardgowan Hotel and 6 rounds of golf at Jubilee Course, Dumbarnie Links, Carnoustie, New Course, Old Course (Via Ballot), and Kingsbarns.
INVERNESS, SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Kingsmill Hotel at Inverness and Chester Hotel in Aberdeen and 5 rounds of golf at Castle Stuart, Royal Dornach, Cruden Bay, Royal Aberdeen, and Trump International.
FIFE, SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Ardgowan Hotel at St. Andrews and Ducks Inn in Gullane and 5 rounds of golf at Dumbarnie Links, Carnoustie, Kingsbarns, Kilspindie, and North Berwick.
SOUTHWEST SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Marine Hotel at Royal Troon and 5 rounds of golf at Western Gailes, Dundonald, Prestwick, Royal Troon, and Ailsa Course (Turnberrry).
SOUTHPORT | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Vincent Hotel in Southport and 5 rounds of golf at Hillside, Royal Liverpool, Formby, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, and Royal Birkdale.