View of a green and fairway at Lost Marsh Golf Course

Lost Marsh Golf Course

Year Built 2004

Clubs No

Walking Allowed No walkers on weekends until 1pm.
Dress code Proper golf attire is required at all times. No tee shirts, tank tops, jerseys or denim.

Thick Rough 22

Challenging course. Good value

Enjoyed playing Lost Marsh today. Only disappointment was the halfway house and refreshment cart were not open, so there were no refreshments/lunch options today. The staff was friendly and the course was in good shape.

Good choice outside of Chicagoland

This was a great option for a morning of golf while visiting Chicago. Tee boxes were amazing & the fairways were well cared for. Some of the greens had false-fronts so, even if you were a little short, you could still putt.

Nice track, very challenging

Very tough course with water and fescue galore. Greens just got punched so that’s never fun. Everyone that works here was awesome. Moire good than bad but a seriously hard course for the average golfer.

Terrible Experience

I'll start off by saying I've played this course 4 or 5 times before and never once had an issue. You know what you're gonna get: a challenging course at a fair price just outside of Chicago. This was one of the worst experiences I've had golfing in a long time.

I arrived 40 minutes early so I could hit the range with my group. We were on the range with plenty of time to go and a ranger drives up to us and tells us we're on the tee box and we need to get moving. I check my phone and we don't tee off for another 14 minutes, but we make our way over to see what the deal is. Before we can even make it to the tee, the cart girl stops us to check and make sure we don't have any outside alcohol on us. That's when I remember the last time I was here, she went into my cart while I was putting and checked on my White Claw and made me dump it out. I get it, you can't bring outside alcohol, but come on. We are still buying drinks from the course and there's no reason to get hostile over a seltzer.

Anyways, we get to the starter and I ask what the deal is since we still have 11 minutes until we tee off and he says get to the teebox because we have to go now. There is nothing I despise more than being rushed which is why we got there so early, yet here we are being rushed to tee off by the starter 11 minutes early. No chance to chip or roll a couple putts.

We finally get to the teebox and see that our two playing partners we were paired with have already hit and are sitting in their cart waiting for us to go, acting like we were running 10 minutes behind. Just a very rushed and hectic start to the round.

Unfortunately, that wasn't even the worst part as we get to the #1 green and see the greens have been punched for the season and were given no warning. It was IMPOSSIBLE to putt. There were punched holes and marble sized clumps of dirt all over the green. We were given no warning when we booked online, nor at the counter when paying, nor by the starter who was too focused on rushing us over 10 minutes ahead of schedule. We asked the starter at the turn how long the greens have been like this and he goes "like WHAT?".

Overall just a terrible experience that left a very bitter taste in our groups mouth. I've played here enough to expect better and I won't be coming back.

Commented on 08/13/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lost Marsh Golf Course!

Great day

Awesome course. Greens have some fungus or burnt spots on a few of them otherwise excellent.

Commented on 08/09/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Lost Marsh Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Fantastic Experience

First arrived and treated great. Drove our motor home in and they were very accommodating. Staff was seriously one of the best I have encountered anywhere in the country, at golf courses. Course plays short but don’t be fooled. It is such a unique target course. Beautiful views and holes. The only complaint I have is the greens were kind of rough. But that said, nobody was fixing their ball marks, so not really courses fault!! I highly recommend.

Bar and restaurant looked really nice, but we did not eat. Great selection of craft beer for a course. Only sold in bar though, but can carry out to course. Prices were decent too.

The beer cart girl and beer hut girl were super nice. Rangers and starter were truly outstanding!!! Super friendly and helpful.

And the real cool experience of having deer just hanging out while you play was a fantastic plus!!!

New favorite place

Commented on 08/09/2021

We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Lost Marsh Golf Course.

Fantastic hidden urban gem

Terrific course layout with imaginative features designed to get into your head. Be prepared to bring your straightest, most accurate game… or be prepared to lose a couple sleeves of balls. Every hole has its challenges starting with first five that are a pure water-player’s delight. They all look more difficult than they really are - focus on distance and alignment control and you can actually do it! (I wish I did.). Six thru nine are more routine, at least no water in play. Ten starts it all over again as a long par 5 (don’t over hit your drive). Then 11 with its island TEE (no, not green!). 14 is a special double dog-leg up-and-over par 5. Lots of unique features and challenges here. Something for everyone. Fun course to play and appreciate, even if your course is more than you like!

Commented on 07/30/2021

Follow-up to original review: last line should be “even if your SCORE is more than you would like “. Also… great hot dog and soda at the on-course snack shop for only $5.50. Great deal and tasty too! Also, under 4-hr round!

Commented on 07/30/2021

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Lost Marsh Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Hi,we would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Lost Marsh Golf Course!

Commented on 07/15/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience and what we can do earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Lost Marsh Golf Course!

Unique and fun course, aptly named.

A mere 35 minutes from downtown Chicago is this
wetlands golf course offering unique and scenic holes connected by cart bridges winding through marshland. The front nine has quite a bit of water so hit it straight, back nine not as scenic but presents its own challenges. Course is really well maintained and landscaped. Staff was great: very friendly and helpful. Directions to holes were good and well placed as was the ‘refreshment’ hut that offered drinks at very reasonable prices. Carts were pretty new and had GPS. The pro shop was well stocked with misc, golf items/tools as well as the usual clothing. A great experience and a good value.

Commented on 07/12/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Lost Marsh Golf Course.

Commented on 07/09/2021

Best bang for your buck

Lost Marsh is my personal favorite Chicago-land area course ... one of the most unique, challenging - yet playable - layouts I've ever played. The first 4 holes have you playing what I call, 'lily pad' golf (you'll understand when you play it ha) ... then you alternate between woodlands and links-style holes. Greens always run pure and true. It's simply a 'must-play'.

Commented on 07/07/2021

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Lost Marsh Golf Course.

Rained Out.......

I wish it was a gorgeous day the course is in good shape the holes are challenging and the pace of play was adequate. This course challenges you to make smart decisions often egos come before shot selection. Word of advice choose to lay up don't let the course play you!

Commented on 06/30/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Lost Marsh Golf Course.

Windy But Fun

The course is in great shape and with almost zero rain the past 2 months its a green as money!! Tee Boxes, sand traps, and Fairways are some of the best around!! The greens are challenging but several un-repaired ball marks!!! They need to do a much better job of either handing out tools or sending someone at the end of the night to fix. It obviously won't stop me playing there at least once a week but wanted to flag. The staff is as nice as any private place I have played. If you haven't played here, you need to!! Golf Now has great deals

Commented on 06/25/2021

Commented on 06/22/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Lost Marsh Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 06/22/2021

We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Lost Marsh Golf Course!

Gimmicky layout

Just a really gimmicky, stupid layout with way too much water. For some reason the silver tees were way up. The 5th hole was only 190 yds for a par 4. Most of the holes have a really pinched landing area. I probably used my driver 3 times.

Greens were in pretty rough shape - lots of dead spots and pitch marks. Some of the pin placements were comically unfair.

Fairways and tee boxes are laid out so you have to shape a shot around a tree or water hazard, but that doesn't enhance the playing experience. It's not risk-reward - it's just penal golf all around.

Commented on 06/16/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Lost Marsh Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Great course, poor service

Played here on birthday with friends and family playing here for the first time. The Pro was able to accommodate a late addition to our group which was nice but had to keep hearing from him how it messes up the tee times. Apparently they let other people online book the same tee time if the group is not filled, not allowing for late additions to the group. Im sure other busy and expensive courses do the same but I wasn’t accustomed to that and it wasn’t communicated when I booked on Golf Now. A little annoying but moving on...

When our group of 3 got to about the 11th hole, a ranger comes by and mentions we need to pick up the pace. We mentioned that we let the group behind play through which took some time and the ranger says “that’s not the answer”...having worked in guest service I couldn’t see myself or a coworker saying that to a well paid guest. We ended up finishing on pace after we caught up from letting the previous group through. Haven’t really experienced that type of overall guest service from a golf course. Hoped for a better experience, especially at that price point.

However, the course is beautiful and in great shape. Greens were fast, which I like. The lady working the beverage cart was very nice and made herself accessible throughout the round. Course could have more Porto potties on the course as my wife had to wait about 6 holes to use a bathroom. Have played here a handful of times and sadly won’t be going back soon.

Commented on 06/15/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are sorry to hear your customer service experience was not up to par. Please reach out to our management team at (219) 932-4046, and thanks for visiting Lost Marsh Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Hammond, Indiana
Lansing, Illinois
Chicago, Illinois
Munster, Indiana
Chicago, Illinois
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.