Whitehead Golf Club
|Red (W)||72||5574 meters|
|White M: 69.0/116||340||160||523||318||189||507||398||363||164||2962||511||147||387||421||321||406||345||352||188||3078||6040|
|Green M: 68.1/114||330||152||513||308||181||487||383||355||152||2861||503||136||376||411||311||389||337||342||174||2979||5840|
|Red W: 72.8/135||340||118||406||308||180||461||365||330||142||2650||447||125||365||415||305||379||343||261||184||2824||5474|
A No Go at the moment
Well as we are all aware it's winter atm so we don't expect much from golf courses, in saying that I think I would have rather stayed clear from this particular course
Okay let's get the positives.
1. The course was mostly Dry so we weren't playing off mats on the fairways and NO TEMP GREENS this was great at this time of year.
2. The scenery was lovely. On a sunny day the views would be amazing.
3. Pro shop is very well stocked for a small shop and has a few bargains.
Now for the Bad.
1. This is a small course and give off the not updated since the 70's vibe, buildings and the course in general are very shabby, the course doesn't need much the bones are there but the general care of the course is seriously lacking. We were off Temp tee boxes and they were in horrible condition.
2. It's lift clean and place in bunkers as well as the fairways for winter, you need it the bunkers are in terrible condition obviously players aren't cleaning up after themselves but there are weeds all over them and the fringes are so overgrown, it looks terrible.
3. I know it's a Monday but the only thing at the club that was open was the pro shop. Not exactly a draw for visitors.
All in all this course has so much potential to be great, we paid £25PP and tbh it's not even worth £15 in its current state. I won't be back for a while
Sign posting needs improvement. Could not find 18th tee box
It was a nice course the greens were amazing condition the fairways are good but the only thing that I can think about is that by the time I got the first three holes played I was knackered as they were all uphill but it is a beautiful course and I will be back when I lose a few more pounds
Fantastic Days Golf
Second time playing Whitehead. To be honest it was even better that I remember it to be.
Manecured to perfection. Greens do what you expect them to do.
Rough cut to a length where you can find your ball .
Great selection in Pro Shop.
Large bar/restaurant with friendly staff.
Views to die for. You won’t be disappointed.
First time I've played this course in about 10 years. Very enjoyable. Great nick and will definitely be back.
Beautiful course in excellent condition. Really enjoyed playing here.
Had an extremely enjoyable round at Whitehead.
Course was in extremely good condition despite rain for last few days, thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to returning.
Very nice course to play with stunning views. Great condition. Made feel very welcome by members and was invited to play the last few holes with the vice captain and treasurer of the club. Will definitely play again.
Front nine is majestic
My first to Whitehead Golf Course and I wasn't disappointed. The front nine is absolutely glorious. The views are to die for! The holes themselves are challenging. Its not about just grabbing the driver on every par 4. Typified by hole 4. A strategic par 4 you need to plot around with two bunkers in the middle of the fairway protecting the green from a big bombed drive..The back nine is a nice parkland course with its challenges. Thoroughly enjyable and would definitely play again.
Big let down
Since I played this course a couple of times years ago I’ve always wanted to go back. Understandably, the weather has played a missive part on the dry conditions, but it’s got to be the worst greens and tee boxes I’ve ever seen. Hopefully it’s down to the weather and not due to financial input on the course.
First time playing this course, greens where in good condition and consistent, good pace on the greens. Some great views and good layout.
Had a great lunch in the restaurant. Service was impeccable. We will play again
No idea how the course wasn't closed and booking refunded. Arrived and the fog was so thick you could only see 30/40 yards in front of you and having not played the course before, we had no idea of the layout. Front 9 was pointless and was ready for walking off after 5 holes after near being hit by balls from group behind and not knowing if we were playing on top of the group in front. The group in front also walked off. Managed to play 6 on the back 9 before finishing up before dark.