Style Parkland

Eaglebrooke, located in Lakeland -- halfway between Orlando and Tampa, is considered one of the premier golf courses in Florida. Its classic links-style design with over 100 feet of elevation change is unique in this part of the state. Natural lakes, abundant with wildlife, can come into play on eleven of the holes creating both spectacular scenery and challenging golf shots. To increase the challenge, there are six sets of tees on each hole. The "seniors" tees were customed designed for the course by architect Ron Garl. Garl requested Senior Golf Magazine to survey seniors for optimal playing preferences and then included these requests in the course design. The atmosphere is first class and the course features bag pick-up at your car. Eaglebrooke was the first course in the US to use Greg Norman's GN 1 grass, the fastest growing and greenest grass available.

The Club at Eaglebrooke

Year Built 1996
Architect Ron Garl (1996)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Dinner 41

Best golf course in lakeland

Play here often. No better staff, course always in great condition. Love playing here, you won't be disappointed

Excellent

First time played, impressed. Great layout, excellent condition overall. A few tees with sand overlay but still very impressive course.

NEVER COME TO THIS AWFUL COURSE

This is the most utterly pathetic golf course I have ever played on in my life. I was falsely accused of not checking in with the starter after I checked in with him 20 minutes before my tee time and also falsely accused of driving onto a tee box on the first tee which I never did. The starter was nowhere to be found on the first tee. A very rude and argumentative man came out to us on the first hole to falsely accuse us of these false claims despite the fact that he never saw it himself since it didn’t happen. I’ve been golfing and working at golf courses for over 15 years and never once experienced such ridiculousness. I went through the first tee program myself and was also a first tee instructor where I volunteered for years. Golf etiquette is very important to me and I would never violate any rules on the golf course. Jason in the golf shop also made the false claim that there was a 90° rule with the golf carts which is a lie since not one person said this and there weren’t any signs about it. I was also hopped in front of on the 10th home by a twosome who hit into us and just missed hitting me. When I called Jason in the pro shop about it he just argued with me about it and never sent anyone out to address the situation. This twosome held up the back nine. This is by far the worst golf experience I have ever had in my 2,000+ Golf rounds I’ve had. I’ve never once written a bad review about a golf course in the 100+ courses I’ve played. Avoid this pathetic excuse of a golf course at all costs!!!!

Commented on 04/04/2021

Charlie - thank you for taking the time to leave a review and speak with me yesterday evening. I'm certain your next experience will be much better. We look forward to hosting you and your partner again soon. Ryan - GM

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

This is the most utterly pathetic golf course I have ever played on in my life. I’ve been golfing for over 15 years and never once was treated with such disrespect and ridiculousness. I was falsely accused of not checking in with the starter and also falsely accused of driving onto a tee box which I never did and have never done. A very rude and argumentative man came out to us on the first hole to falsely accuse us of this despite the fact that he never saw it himself since it didn’t happen. Avoid this pathetic excuse of a golf course at all costs!!!!

Commented on 04/04/2021

Good golf course

Fairways nice, off the fairways nice, greens nice, tee boxes nice, all around nice.

Alota Fun

Had a lot of fun playing this track. Holes are designed to challenge all skills.

Worth playing

The course can be both challenging and long depending on your tee selection. I like it because it has a lot more character than most Florida public courses. Condition was good, not perfect. I wish the restaurant had outside seating, especially with the Covid concern.

I meet with a friend here to play once a year. You need to play the course a couple of times to know how it’s nuances.

I enjoy playing here and will be back.

Nice layout, water on 16 holes but very playable. Finishing holes are beautiful.

Thursday tee off at 1pm. Not a soul in front of us and no one pushing. Really enjoyed the layout and fairways. Greens a touch slow and could use a tighter cut. But, the greens are in great shape with few foreign grass or dead spots. Highly recommend this course and will play again.

Fun layout!

I've heard a lot about this course and when we got a cheaper than usual rate, I figured something might be wrong. Turns out the greens were top-dressed and we weren't told on the site or when I called to confirm. The sanded greens made putting very tough but I was able to overlook it because everything else was great. Layout is very challenging yet fair. Greens were receptive and although sandy, in good shape. Fairways were near perfect and tee boxes were nice. Pace was good even though starter sent our twosome out behind four slower golfers. They eventually sped up and all was good. Practice facilities are top notch and staff were friendly overall. I'd return but recommend a notice about course maintenance. It could affect our day considerably.

Pace was extremely slow

All the courses are slow now but for the money we paid you would think the groups would be paired out more. We were able to watch the two groups in front of us play their rounds.

Always nice

Greens rolled true and good pace. In great condition. Same as fairways. Great layout and with the wind today a challenge.

Beautiful course

The staff is not very friendly. Except the cart girl she was very nice
The course is in very good conditions
Nice layout
Scenic
I’ll go back

Commented on 03/19/2021

Hi nitwit! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review regarding your experience. I would like to learn more about your unfriendly staff encounter. Please reach out at your convenience by calling 863.701.0101 x9. Thank you. Ryan

Mulberry, Florida