The Groves Golf and Country Club

Surrounded by 200 acres of carefully preserved wetlands, the Groves Golf & Country Club offers championship golf in a spectacular setting. It sits conveniently just 20 minutes north of Tampa in Land O Lakes. Maintaining the natural beauty of the landscape was a top priority when designing the golf course, which is why the layout manages to seamlessly blend into the surroundings. The course, which measures 4,026 yards, offers all of the challenging qualities of a championship-length course but can be played in four hours or less. The player-friendly golf course offers something for all skill levels whether you are a scratch golfer looking for a quick round, or a beginner looking for some challenging practice. In addition to the course, The Groves also boasts a unique aqua driving range as well as putting and chipping greens.

The Groves Golf & Country Club

Architect Gary Koch (2000)

Fast greens

Awesome course, great place to work on your short to mid range game. Greens are super fast. Some drivable par 4’s. Will play again.

Fantastic course for the money

This was a great course for the money and also a great course to bring beginners. They were also very friendly and accommodating to have my 7 year old ride along as he is just learning and getting exposed to the game! Can’t wait to get out again!

Commented on 07/06/2022

Thank you for your 5-star rating and review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Groves Golf and Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

1st timer

An enjoyable round to say the least. Will soon be a permanent resident in a nearby community and will definitely make plans to play here often. Only weird thing is the water driving range. First time I’ve ever experienced one.

Commented on 07/06/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. The Groves Golf and Country Club thanks you!

Hidden Gem

Do not sleep on this course, it challenges but is user friendly to a beginner golfer. Get out there asap and enjoy this great course !

Commented on 07/01/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Groves Golf and Country Club!

One of my favorite short courses. Very well maintained.

Commented on 06/30/2022

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Groves Golf and Country Club.

Hit the Groves

The Groves is a nice shorter course. Go for the green or lay up... the choice is yours. It really is a fun course. For me I like to use irons off every tee. I don't feel the need for a driver or wood. You can if you want to bring them. I just like the iron practice. Recommended for all kinds of players.

Commented on 06/29/2022

Hi, thank you so much for the 5-star rating and review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Groves Golf and Country Club.

Commented on 06/28/2022

Hi, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Groves Golf and Country Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another wonderful experience!

Always a good time

The Groves is always fun to play. It’s a good course to work on your irons. The Grill is a nice place to cool off after the first 9. I enjoy every round I play here.

Commented on 06/28/2022

Thank you for your 5-star review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Groves Golf and Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Greens in great shape

Played a good pace and the greens are looking and rolling smooth. Good food in the grill. staff was very friendly. Enjoyed the day

Commented on 06/23/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at The Groves Golf and Country Club.

Longest short course in Florida

I’ve been playing the Groves Golf & Country Club for over 16 years. Over this time I’ve seen this course and its staff go through many changes. All of these changes have made this course a pleasure to play for a number of reasons. With the continuous improvements to the fairways and greens make this course extremely playable. Not to exclude the fact that the course layout is very challenging for its length of about 4000 yards. Hence its known as the longest short course in Florida. What truly stands out at this course is its staff and pro shop manager. As often as I play this course I find the staff always friendly, courteous and accommodating to any needs you may have. To the pro shop manager and your staff thank you for always making me feel at home when I play “The Groves Golf & Country Club”
All the best to you and your “Groves” family.

Will G.

Commented on 06/28/2022

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Groves Golf and Country Club.

Game sharpener

First walked in and was greeted by a fine man named Niko, guess on spelling, he was full of smiles and happy to check us in. He handed us a score card and we went to our cart parked just a few feet away. We were welcome to take cart to car and load up our clubs
. The range is aqua range and has Matt's for full use on days grass is unavailable. The first tee grabs your attention as trouble is right in front of you and a green setting just on the other side of it. Grass on greens are smooth and rolled true. GPS on carts so you know where to hit and how far. While playing a players assistant was driving around to ensure we were keeping pace. The front has some wonderful holes and nature is right by you the whole round
. Many deer can be seen as well as a gator or two. Seems like nature approved bof this course. Fits nicely into the shape of course. I didn't have to swing any drivers but did anyway cause why not be on a par four in one. . All in all the course has made some incredible improvements since last time I played it. So I give it a 9 out of 10 when it comes to layout and condition. 10 out of 10;for the staff. Very friendly staff. Makes you wanna move in and be there full time
. You will not be disappointed.

Commented on 06/21/2022

Hi, thank you so much for the 5-star rating and great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Groves Golf and Country Club.

Best little course in Florida

The Groves is my favorite place to play. It's a shorter course but not easy. You are in the fairway or in the swamp. Great for older golfers or golfers who want to improve there short game.

The Groves

Always enjoy playing at The Groves. Staff is very friendly and the course is just challenging enough to keep us coming back.

Commented on 06/21/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. The Groves Golf and Country Club thanks you!

2 rounds

I played this course Friday and Saturday. Staff is great. Course was in very good condition. Excellent course to really work your woods and irons.

Commented on 06/21/2022

Thank you for your review and 5-star rating! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Groves Golf and Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fun course

This is a short but fun course full of challenges . . . think, "Target Golf!" Staff is great, greens and fairways are in good shape, bunkers actually have sand in them and most of the cart paths are in good condition (better than most public courses).

I liked it so much I'm bringing a friend back next week to play a round.

Commented on 07/06/2022

Hello and thank you for your great rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Groves Golf and Country Club!

Short of stature, big on fun

Short ( only one par 5) but well laid out and fun to play. Course was in great shape, greens rolled well. Even the bunkers were well groomed. You have to place some shots to make birdies! My wife and I had lunch in the grill after and had great service ( Jasmine) and the food was great. I will definitely ne back.

Course rules

Golf now should post The course rules if you have to have your golf cart back at 7 PM when they’re allowing people to order 18 holes at 5 PM

Commented on 07/06/2022

Hi, we would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at The Groves Golf and Country Club!

Land O Lakes, Florida
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Spring Hill, Florida
San Antonio, Florida
Hudson, Florida
Wesley Chapel, Florida
PALM HARBOR, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Innisbrook Golf & Spa Resort and 4 rounds of golf at Innisbrook Golf Resort - North Course, South Course, Island Course, & Copperhead Course (site of the PGA Tour's Valspar Championship).
PALM HARBOR, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Innisbrook Golf & Spa Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Innisbrook Golf Resort - Island Course & Copperhead Course (site of the PGA Tour's Valspar Championship).
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Mission Inn Resort & Club and 2 rounds of golf at Mission Inn Resort & Club - El Campeon & Las Colinas Courses.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Championsgate and 6 rounds of golf at Orange County Panther Lake, Orange County Crooked Cat, Omni International, Omni National, Celebration Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.