Type Private/Resort

Year Built 2008
Fairways 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens TifDwarf Grass
Architect Nick Faldo (2008) Steve Smyers (2008)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Bella Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Spa, Locker Rooms

Fitness, Tennis

Come here to golf like a golfer

On our annual trip to Orlando, we decided to include Bella Collina this year. I'm so glad we did. This is a jewel of a golf course.

Here are a few things to be aware of, it's only about 30 minutes from Orlando. You might think, with all of the choices in the area, why drive that distance. 1) It's only 30 minutes. 2) It is beautiful. 3) it is not flat and boring like most courses in the Orlando area.

You need to know how to golf from uneven lies here. The ball is either above your feet or below your feet on the fairway. So if you have a hard time adjusting for this, you'll see your score a little higher than usual.

I also enjoyed the fact you need to place your drive well. You have options to place your drive safe, or risk it. The greens are true and quick.

At the turn, we ordered 4 sandwiches and this is the only complaint I have..it took about 20 minutes to get them together. They were terrific...but too slow.

The grounds are gorgeous! The men's locker room is over the top! And the lounge is just tremendous.

Come here to golf like a golfer, prove that you can do it!

Outstanding Course

This course is one of my favorite courses I have ever played. They have a variation of tees that can make your experience even better. The greens are in perfect condition. There is lots of hills and elevation changes, but not super dramatic, which adds wonderful character to this course. I've played this course several times now and it is absolutely one of my favorite courses & a great experience.

Outstanding

Nicest course I have played in Orlando area. Spectacular views and course is in amazing condition. Provides challenges for your complete game. Will definitely play this course again.

Officially one of my favorite courses ever

The title says it all! Bella Collina is officially one of my favorite courses ever. The entire experience is amazing, from the drive up to the majestic clubhouse, to the locker rooms that have hot tubs, to the gorgeous course. Most importantly, the golf was incredible. Such a fantastic Faldo layout on a piece of property that has far more elevation change than I have ever seen in Florida before. Very linksy with a ton of sand and great sight lines. After the round I had lunch and then a soak in the hot tub. C’mon, what more could you want. This is a 5 star experience worth every penny. Thank you to the entire staff at BC!

Commented on 01/12/2021

Hi there. We're so happy you were pleased with our course. We'd love to hear how we can make your next round even better!

Definitely course management is key Sand everywhere. Fun course to play. Staff extremely friendly. Conditions good except the fringes. Some bad patches on the greens. Greens run fast and true otherwise.

Commented on 01/12/2021

Hi there! We're so glad you enjoyed playing our course and our staff met your expectations. Thank you for your suggestions. At Bella Collina we strive to make each player's experience nothing short of perfect.

Best course in Florida

The elevation change is awesome! The course is well taken care of. This place is beautiful, Such a great experiance.

Commented on 01/12/2021

Thank you so much for your positive review! We're so happy you enjoyed your experience with us. See you back soon!

Amazing experience

Every time I play here I feel like I appreciate it even more.

Commented on 12/07/2020

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We are so glad you enjoy our course and we hope to keep seeing you back!

Bella Collina is Great

Love this course. Beautiful layout and so much fun to play.

Commented on 12/07/2020

Hi Anthony! We're so happy you had a great time playing on our course. We hope to see you back soon!

Commented on 12/07/2020

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. If you have the time, we'd love to hear more about your experience!

Loved this place!! Expensive but was worth the money. I’ll def be back soon.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

BEST GOLF COURSE IN Central Florida

Great course. Fairways are in excellent conditions. Pace of play was quite slow but staff was on top of it. Overall excellent experience. This is one of the best golf courses in Florida.

Commented on 10/29/2020

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. We're so glad you were pleased with our course and our wonderful staff. We hope to see you back soon!

Great as always

I’ve played this course a bunch (20-30 times). It’s my favorite Florida course.

Commented on 10/01/2020

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. We're glad you enjoy our course and we hope to see you back soon!

Such a beautiful and well maintained course

Only complaint was the pace of play. 1 four ball held up two four balls behind it. Ranger was on course yet pace of play did not improve. Took the joy out of the round. Especially during these hot summer days

Commented on 08/05/2020

Hi there! Thank you so much for your review. We hope to see you back soon!

Love this course

Great Layout. Loved every minute of it. Very
challenging but fun!

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We're so happy you were pleased with our course. We hope to see you back soon!

Dog track

Greens were terrible course was in terrible shape pace of play was terrible club house was gorgeous

Hidden Gem

We all have experienced the 18th hole regret which we drown on the 19th hole . You will experience no such emotion here. This Nick Faldo course delivers from the green tees to the tips.
Courses deliver delights by there beauty, their intimidation from the tees.(where is my target?) and do I have that shot in my bag?). The Club house ambiance and the course anxiety.
Course anxiety should be triggered only by the target and your ability and negligiby from the other players , the club house.
We were on this occasion focused only on the course anxiety.
It was wonderful and started with distance control of the first tee to hitting draws off the next 3 tees.
Accuracy was also a premium forcing you to focus and play your best game.
This course was not a bragging course as many of the holes gave you a look at sand traps which appeared smaller than they actually were luring you into going for the risky shot for which you paid the penallty.
The course conditions were immaculate and the greens were fast .
Being on the green was no assurance you would get a birdie or par.
.Kudos to the greens keepers and course managers.
I think the price was a wee bit much but there are of course benefits to be gained there.
All in all a great course and wonderful challenge to the serious golfer.

Commented on 06/02/2020

Hi there! Thank you for the amazing review. We hope to see you again soon!

I LOVE THIS COURSE!!

This is an exceptional course. If you get the chance don't miss out.

Commented on 06/30/2020

Hi there, thank you so much for your review. We hope to see you back soon!

This course was fun to play and a great challenge. The Greens were to Great shape and very testy the fairways had some spots needed help but they have arrested. Great pace of play .

Commented on 05/22/2020

Hi there,
Thank you for leaving us this review. We're so glad you enjoyed our course. We hope to see you again soon!

Excellent

Excellent, Immaculate, Challenging... worth every penny.

Commented on 03/20/2020

Thank you so much for your review! We hope to see you back soon.

Commented on 02/25/2020

Hello, thank you for the review! We appreciate the feedback and hope you will come play again soon.

Bella Collina – A Slice of Tuscany in Florida and the State’s Ultimate Golf Package

Driving to the private golf community of Bella Collina, our GPS took us through the quaint town of Montverde, FL, home of the Montverde Academy, one of the country’s most prestigious private college prep schools. We soon came to the gates of Bella Collina, a 1,900-acre private golf and lakefront community owned by Dwight C. Schar and DCS Investment Holdings. Mr. Schar is a co-owner of the Washington Redskins football team and founding chairman of NVR Inc., one of America’s largest homebuilders. The property was purchased from disgraced real-estate developer Bobby Ginn.

Since purchasing Bella Collina, Mr. Schar and DCS Investment Holdings have invested more than $200 million on the infrastructure and amenities. As big a footprint as the community has, there are less than 1,000 homesites within the guarded gates. This Tuscan-inspired luxury community offers new home sites, luxury estate homes and upscale condo residences, all in a breathtaking setting that overlooks Lake Apopka and Lake Siena. Residents have access to just about every amenity imaginable: a private spring-fed lake, a Sir Nick Faldo-designed championship golf course, Har-Tru tennis courts, fitness center, resort-style pool complex, spa and salon and multiple dining venues. Bella Collina is about 30 minutes from Walt Disney World theme parks and a mere 90 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico beaches.

As you pass through the gates and wind your way up the hill to Bella Collina’s 75,000-square-foot clubhouse - affectionately dubbed “The Castle - you get the idea that you’re in for something special. The clubhouse can be seen from just about anywhere on the golf course and is comprised of six buildings which include a restaurant, spa and fitness center as well as a wine cellar and humidor. It’s a page right out of the architectural digests of Tuscany with its plazas, fountains and terraces with features such as barrel tile ceilings and intricate custom woodwork and stonework.

If you’re here to play golf, you will quickly realize that Bella Collina is not your typical golf experience. In fact, the 18-hole championship golf course at Bella Collina is like nothing else you will see in the state. The course was designed by PGA TOUR Hall of Famer Nick Faldo and plays a whopping 7,617 yards from the “Faldo” tees, although I have to wonder if Sir Nick actually plays these tees when he visits. From these tees the course carries a rating of 76.8 and a slope of 136. We played the course from the “Combo Tees” (Member/Club) which play 6,307 yards (70.8/120) and still offers a great test of golf. Six sets of tees offer lengths that will appeal to every golfer regardless of skill. Pick the set that best suit your game and you’re bound to have a memorable time!

Faldo has done a fantastic job of utilizing the area’s rolling terrain to create a masterpiece that is as visually stunning as it is fun to play. Trust me, your shot making ability will be challenged as will your thought process. Bella Collina is surrounded by the beautiful vineyards of Central Florida and features dramatic elevation changes which are evident as you stand on the first tee and look down the fairway. Although most fairways are wide open and water only comes into play on one hole, don’t think Bella Collina is without its fair share of hazards. Between the massive bunkering in the fairways and around the greens and the waste bunkers that are everywhere, a good sand game is a necessity if you plan on scoring well. Your success will hinge on good approach shots, many of which play uphill and require at least one extra club. Greens are well undulated and, in most cases, well protected. Missed greens will leave difficult chip shots from the swales and mounds that surround them and can make a par that much tougher. There are a few forced carries but nothing that will overwhelm the average player.

Bella Collina also boasts a world-class practice facility including a full-length driving range with multiple target greens, a short-game area that is second to none, practice bunkers and practice greens. The pro shop is stocked with a lot of the latest golf gear and apparel from the industry’s top manufacturers. The men’s and women’s locker rooms are some of the most lavish facilities I have ever seen; the whirlpool/hot tub and steam room areas are in a class by themselves.

There are two restaurants in the Clubhouse as well as several dining venues. The 19th Hole is casual and laid back and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. It’s the restaurant the public has access to. The talented culinary team creates seasonal dishes and adds some interesting twists to classic dishes. The 19th Hole is the perfect place to grab a quick bite before your round or stop by afterwards and enjoy your favorite beverage. For members and their guests, there’s the private, member’s only restaurant Cucina.

Many residents at Bella Collina live an active lifestyle and take advantage of Florida’s year-round sunshine. In addition to an award winning golf course and impressive tennis complex, scenic walking and biking trails meander throughout the property and make for a great low-impact workout. There’s also a resort-style aquatic center with two 75-foot lap lanes, sun deck, whirlpool spa and a covered terrace with bar and grill/ There’s also a 3,000-square-foot fitness center equipped with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and strength-training machines as well as a luxurious full-service spa and hair salon which not only offers a full slate of services for members and residents, but is open to the public on a limited basis.

Just in case you haven’t figured it out, Bella Collina is the perfect place to host your next event. Whether it’s a corporate golf outing or the wedding of your dreams, the experienced tournament and event staff will take care of everything down to the last detail. On the golf side, they are there to help with everything from pre-planning details to a professional scoreboard and scoring; they’ll leave it to you to hand out the prizes! Food and drink issues will be handled as well and you won’t find a better laid out or conditioned course in all of Florida.

When it comes to weddings and their planning, Bella Collina has the experienced staff to handle it all, down to the last detail. They are one of the top ceremony and reception venues in all of Central Florida. Whether it’s an intimate guest list of 50 or a gala celebration of 300, Bella Collina’s staff will pair an exquisite dining experience with the service and attention you desire. Because they pride themselves in exclusivity, only one wedding per night is booked. Their culinary team and event staff will work with you to make sure the menu and room layout are planned just right.

If your purpose in coming to Florida is a golf vacation, look no further than Bella Collina. Thanks to the community’s latest real estate addition - Siena at Bella Collina, a 100-unit luxury condo development –golfers have the ability to stay – and play – at Bella Collina. Golf packages include access to many of the communities otherwise private amenities including the lakefront pool and fitness center and the walking trails, tennis facilities, full-service spa, 19th Hole restaurant, and the golf course. Inside these luxurious two and three-bedroom condos you’ll find an owners suite with private bath, a formal dining room with seating for six, a fully equipped kitchen and comfortable living room furniture with Wi-Fi and cable TV. Fresh linens and towels are also provided. Some units have a den, which is perfect for couples traveling with children. Now you can experience a golf getaway like no other.

Bella Collina is a community where families and friends build lasting memories in a new era of country club living. It’s a club that wants to cater to future generations. The club members of today are looking for a lifestyle that is family-oriented in nature, therefore they need an entire suite of amenities that cater to everyone in the family.

You need not be a Bella Collina resident to become a member of one of Florida’s most impressive golf properties. Currently, they are offering perhaps the most affordable membership program I’ve ever seen, especially for a course and facility of this caliber.

Their new membership referral program is tailored to golfers and is designed for you and three friends, however just two make take advantage of it. The new Friends and Family program is a golf only membership and includes unlimited cart fees, golf course and range access, dining at both the 19th Hole and Cucina Restaurants, access to the pool, spa, locker room and inclusion in member events. There is a $200 application fee and dues run as low as $350/month for a foursome. Other family members may be added for $100 each.

As you can see, Bella Collina is a great place to join and indulge your recreational side. And now with the opening of Siena, it’s a great place for a golf vacation on one of the state’s most unique golf courses. If you’re headed to the Orlando area on a family or golf vacation, take some time and arrange a visit to Bella Collina. For more information, visit www.bellacollina.com.

Commented on 03/12/2020

BS. Ridiculous.

Commented on 02/25/2020

Thank you for the glowing review!

4.3281941176
Ocoee, Florida
3.4219058824
4.1942588235
Winter Garden, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at The Lodge at Orange County National and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County- Crooked Cat and Orange County- Panther Lake.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Mission Inn Resort & Club and 2 rounds of golf at Mission Inn Resort & Club - El Campeon & Las Colinas Courses.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Bay Hill Lodge and 1 round of golf at Bay Hill Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at SpringHill Suites or TownePlace Suites and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County National, and Walt Disney World Golf.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Orlando and 4 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County National, Shingle Creek Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.