Eagle Dunes Golf Club in Sorrento, Florida, USA | GolfPass

Eagle Dunes Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Mike Dasher (2003)

Dress code Proper golf attire such as collared shirts; no denim

Challenging

This is a Challenging course especially if you get in the rough - I like that. Some of the grass is a little rough but I figure the course should have grass if it doesn't under my ball I move it. Well when I'm not playing a match or bet

Fun course

Had a good round, greens are great. Some hardpan in roughs and a few water damaged areas on fairways, washout and some small channels. Good scoring course if you keep it in the fairway.

Commented on 08/04/2022

Hi, golfingjoe8491. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Where am i

This was a huge disappointment. I’m new to the area and have been trying different area courses. By far this course was in the worst shape. They fairways were like hitting into a cow pasture. No real difference between the fairways and rough. Only redeeming feature was the greens. In great shape and quite speedy. Course layout did not suit my eye at all. Staff was excellent. Do not waste your money.

Commented on 08/01/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave feedback on your recent round with us, Dalelee74. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop at (352) 357-0123. We hope to hear from you soon, and thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Long holes with fast greens

I played here late yesterday around 4:30. Was my first time playing here and I’ll be back. Had a great round! The course was completely empty. Amazing layout with very long holes. Lots of elevation with a couple blind shots. The rough can definitely use some TLC though. If you’re not on the fairway it gets very bumpy and long grass. The greens were aerated a few weeks ago so you can still see where the holes used to be but boy are those greens fast! For a cheaper random course I thought the greens would be slow. Definitely not haha if I had to guess the greens probably run around 11. I can tell in peak season this course is prime. Definitely coming back soon! Almost plays like a links course with how wide the fairways are.

Commented on 08/01/2022

Thanks so much for the great review, Thomas2394211. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Doing a great job keeping the course in shape!

Kudos to the staff and grounds crew!
I must say that playing there once or twice a month, I have found Eagle Dunes to be among the best for consistency in maintaining good course conditions.
Keep up the good work, guys!

Commented on 08/01/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, PDsGolf! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Awful conditions.

They have literally let this place go so much. The greens are slightly above average. Fairways are tolerable. The overall course condition and bunkers are horrendous. Will NOT be going back . Too bad…. Really nice course design.

Commented on 07/26/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave feedback on your recent round with us, Jdowning1cflrr. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop at (352) 357-0123. We hope to hear from you soon, and thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Commented on 07/25/2022

Hello u000001323001. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star and thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Commented on 07/29/2022

Hi, robtaylor77. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Well worth the cost

First time at dunes and really enjoyed the track layout. It’s very forgiving and open which is a nice change of pace. Bit of a bumpy ride but well worth the play!

Commented on 07/25/2022

Hi, gregfaloona. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at Eagle Dunes Golf Club, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 07/19/2022

Hello RyBreezy. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star and thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Commented on 07/13/2022

Hi, u095631542. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Nice scenic course. Very good pace of play. Friendly staff.

Commented on 07/11/2022

Hello, u000002738074. Thank you for visiting us at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Always a great choice!

This course is always in pretty good shape. The greens recovered very good from aeration. Another 2 weeks they will roll pure! The only thing that I wish would be improved are the driving range balls. They are several years old.

Commented on 07/11/2022

Thank you for your review, u000006901508. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great day

Great customer service friendly staff course in good shape wish had more options for food when finished playing overall great day

Commented on 07/21/2022

Hello, u000004815412. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Could Be A Great!

Not many courses in Orlando Metro have more character than Eagle Dunes.

Pros:
Greens - even punched were fast and true. Tons of attitude.
Layout - remarkable layout that forces you to hit your shot. Plenty of elevation changes, blind shots, and forced carries

Cons:
Eyesore - not enough money to maintain and locals take no pride in the gem the course could be.
Rough - isn't rough, just full of ant hills. Everything outside the fairway plays like waste bunker. And honestly, the fairways aren't great.

But all in all, great course for group skins games and to get an honest assessment of your game. Stay on the fairway and you'll likely be OK.

Hi u9978053,

Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create an enjoyable experience so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course.

We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game.

Thank you for visiting and playing at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Always a pleasure!

I staff is continually exceeding my customer service expectations. I always find the the course in very playable condition and work being done to improve it.
The course has 5 sets of tees so every skill level can be accommodated. Plenty of practice areas to work on your game. The course is layed out nicely providing nice vistas of Lake County.
It is one of the more frequent places I play. Its not overpriced. Great value and a great team running the course. See you soon!

Commented on 07/08/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, LKW8253! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Pollyanna Returns

Found the course great from tee to green. The greens have sped up nicely since last week when I was here. Getting plenty of rollout on your drives. The pace got a little slow after the 5th hole but its a great course and a great value so plenty of people come take advantage of that value. Still finished the round in 3 hours and 15 minutes which is good. Had a great time. The staff is super here!
I love the challenge of the layout. The forced carries and tricky pin placements make you use every club in your bag. I will be back soon.

Commented on 07/05/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, LKW8253. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Eagle Dunes Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 07/05/2022

Thank you for reviewing us, u830180727. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Eagle Dunes Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Eustis, Florida
Apopka, Florida
Longwood, Florida
Longwood, Florida
Tavares, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Mission Inn Resort & Club and 2 rounds of golf at Mission Inn Resort & Club - El Campeon & Las Colinas Courses.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Bay Hill Lodge and 1 round of golf at Bay Hill Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at The Lodge at Orange County National and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County- Crooked Cat and Orange County- Panther Lake.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 1 nights’ accommodation at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando and 1 round of golf at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Orlando and 4 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County National, Shingle Creek Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.