Eagle Dunes Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Mike Dasher (2003)

Dress code Proper golf attire such as collared shirts; no denim

Great condition

I enjoy this course, somewhat long at times but who cares when the course is in such great condition. The greens are running at a steady 10 and true to the eye will and I play again.

Enjoyable Round

Greens were surprisingly good, fairways and tee boxes in nice shape. Only negative comments are most bunkers in rough shape. Not just from rain but also weeds in many of the traps and looks like they haven’t been raked in years.

Starter was a real nice guy. Didn’t catch his name.

Also you would think they would at least have a beverage cart out on the course on the weekend.

Course was in good condition overall but not a $50 track.

Commented on 09/20/2021

Hi, John9144780. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at Eagle Dunes Golf Club, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible. We will always try to improve to make your experience better.

We hope to see you again soon!

Great Greens

Greens are among the best in central Florida. They are smooth, fast and will hold a well struck approach. The elevation changes and fairway bunkering require the player to hit off hanging lies and select the appropriate target line off the tee. The rough is thick in some spots, and it’s easy to suffer a lost ball penalty. The only negative of the round is they over book the course. The backup on the 1st tee looked like I4 at rush hour. After teeing off about 25 minutes late, we had to wait on every tee. The course is nice, but needs to improve the pace of play.

Commented on 09/20/2021

Hello, Mark7630471. Thank you for reviewing the course. We're glad you found the pace of play during your round excellent. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We are glad to see you also rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Fast, smooth greens

The course is links style. If you stay in the fairways it is straightforward. Greens are great, watch your speed though. They need to work on the traps. Very little dand with hardpan underneath. Could work on the weeds around the traps as well. Jad fun and will be back.

Commented on 09/14/2021

Hello, p44cyJSBKfdMj8BXL1Up. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 09/14/2021

Hi, u449247080. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Commented on 09/07/2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Commented on 08/24/2021

Commented on 08/23/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Great Course Still

From tee to green the course was great. Even with all the rain lately there was no standing water. The greens were slick and fast. The staff is super accommodating and customer service oriented. Everyone works hard to please us hacks and keep the course up for us. Thank you to the staff at Eagle Dunes for your dedication to excellence and work ethic. I’ll be back soon.

Commented on 08/18/2021

We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Soggy

Fairway at front of the second green was extremely wet should have been blocked off to maintain the condition of the course

Commented on 08/23/2021

We hope to see you again soon!

Great greens, but...

I've mentioned this in the past, but I think it would benefit the operation to cut the highly weeded areas (12 inches or more,) down to 4 or 5 inches. It would make the track more fun for higher handicappers like me who spend time wading through these weeds. And consequently it would increase the pace of play!
I come here for the greens and for the unique hole designs, but the suggestion above would be a great improvement!

Commented on 08/17/2021

Hello, Tom. Thank you for visiting us at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Good Shape

Much improved from my last visit here. Waste bunkers have been raked and the greens are excellent! Overall very good conditions.

Commented on 08/12/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

I heard this course was fantastic I found it just average. No complaints but it’s not all that.

Commented on 08/10/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Commented on 08/10/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Different

Good golf, not much water. Lots of sand traps and bunkers. Greens fast, and cups were placed on slopes. “Hilly” for a course compared to Orlando courses. Felt like a Northern State course. Rough was extremely high and weedy-should have been cut. No GPS Or USB Ports on carts. Nice practice areas. Great perk was free course guide book at counter.. comment the course can’t control-
FILL your divots, fix ball marks. Worst I have ever seen on a course.

Commented on 08/10/2021

The course is fully recovered

We haven’t seen the course in better shape in over 2 years. Fairways were plush. Greens were fast and smooth. What more could a golfer ask?

Commented on 08/06/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Excellent layout - very fair course

Greens are fabulous, most fairways are thick and green. I would have given a five star rating but there were groups in front of us that were SO SLOW....ugghhh....just hit the f'in ball!

I've played here many times ....was a shame we had to wait on nearly every shot on the back nine....there were literally four groups on the par 5s. Maybe Eagle Dunes needs a ranger.......

Commented on 08/03/2021

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Condition Plus

I have played here a number of time and all I can say is this was the best condition I have seen here at Eagle Dunes. The greens were true and fast. The fairways were excellent. If you have a day play this tract you will not be disappointed.

Commented on 08/06/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

A Bonus for this greenskeeper!!

I drove 45 miles to play this one, worth the drive, what a value.!! Nice rolling hills all over, scenic fun, and these greens!!!! Big and FAST, fun to putt on, I either 3 putted or one putted. I'll be back. Although the course is not exactly manicured, it is a great layout, hilly and fair, and you can hit driver on every hole. The range is a bit rough, but who cares. Whoever is keeping these greens, he knows what he is doing. Bravo, thanks for a fun round.

Commented on 08/06/2021

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 08/06/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Eustis, Florida
Apopka, Florida
Longwood, Florida
Longwood, Florida
Tavares, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Mission Inn Resort & Club and 2 rounds of golf at Mission Inn Resort & Club - El Campeon & Las Colinas Courses.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Bay Hill Lodge and 1 round of golf at Bay Hill Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at The Lodge at Orange County National and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County- Crooked Cat and Orange County- Panther Lake.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 1 nights’ accommodation at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando and 1 round of golf at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Orlando and 4 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County National, Shingle Creek Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.