A view of a green at One&Only Palmilla Golf Club.

Jack Nicklaus designed the 27-hole course at the One&Only Palmilla Golf Club. The golf course is divided into three nines that are played in different 18-hole combinations. The courses wind through endless cacti and through deep arroyos, a landscape that Nicklaus fully utilized. He gave each a unique character, naming them after their defining characteristics. The Ocean/Arroyo Course starts you off with incredible views of the shimmering blue waters of the Sea of Cortez. Each hole on the front nine offers a different, but equally scenic view of the ocean. The gently sloping Ocean nine has large greens that can be tricky but they are balanced by wide, player-friendly fairways. The back nine features more dramatic elevation changes, especially on the intimidating 16th hole, which plays alongside a deep and foreboding arroyo.

Palmilla Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Architect Jack Nicklaus (1992) Jack Nicklaus (1997)

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Older Course

It was OK no great shakes but it is one of the first courses in Cabo by Jack.

No Bad Days

Given the weather in Cabo--dry, sunny and warm--it would be hard to have a bad day on the golf course (although it certainly can be windy). Palmilla is an excellent, challenging layout, with great views. Staff were friendly and helpful. My only complaint was a crabby couple playing as a twosome behind us, with a caddy, who called the pro shop to complain about our pace of play--we were literally waiting for the group in front of us to clear each green except for one hole where we had two lost balls to look for; and our group and the one in front of us took 3.5 hours to finish. The golf shop should have told the group behind us to stuff it. A little pricey, but apparently in line with other Cabo courses. I would not hesitate to recommend to friends going to Cabo.

Marshal pushed too much.

We were right on time but the Marshall kept insisting we were going too slow. That made it almost impossible to enjoy the round.

Course needs maintenance

Great design of a course but my oh my it could do with some maintenance - practice facility is barren, fairways are patchy at best, greens are okay but bumpy at times , bunkers gravelly and inconsistent sand - not worth the fees that they charge - probably the worst course I have played here and I have been coming here for 20 years - that said , we are in Covid times and am sure that things are tight and course condition is reflective of these times.
Once things return to normal , I will come back and play - the layout is fun with some great holes

Course in poor condition

Played this course two years ago and it was in beautiful condition and a great course. Was excited to come back and was greatly disappointed. We heard after the fact that no maintenance had been performed during the course's covid closure earlier this year, resulting in dry/burnt grass, and poor teebox and green conditions. For $250 there are many other options in Cabo than this current version of the Pamilla course.

Palmilla quality in decline

My wife and I played this course twice several years ago (ocean/arroyo and arroyo/mountain) and thought the courses were immaculate. During this round, unfortunately the ocean course was closed to under maintenance, therefore I had to play arroyo/mountain. The tee boxes and fairways were very brown (not to be expected during their Winter months) and green overly sanded. Bunkers were not freshly graded. Overall not the quality I remember. Staff very friendly and course layout remains a site to see. Mountain course is most challenging.

Good challenge

Very well set up course. Arroyos make the difference with several holes that cross over the sandy beds. Greens were sandy and a bit fast. Ocean nine holes were closed.

Not to Shabby

Played the arroyo-mountain. Fun course with some strategy involved. Irons need to be pretty dialed in to score well. Some forced carries sprinkled through out but all in all a good round of golf. Course was a little dry but hey, that’s just how it is sometimes, if you are in Cabo, you need to play this course.

Pretty course

Course is in great shape with pretty views and lots of undulations. Only negative we’re the golf carts - looked old and worn but they were at least clean on the inside. Staff very nice and friendly.

Do not book

First of all I booked this course on golf now app and they said they would hold 102.67 to book t-time, when I got to the course they said I would not be charged for that, however I was, now no one will take my phone call. Save your money and play country club, same price but it’s not an executive course. 200 to play a course that took us 2 1/2 hours to play, absolute trash.

Commented on 08/30/2020

Your're an idiot. One of the best courses in the country. Stay in San Diego and you won't have to rent clubs either. Great course, great staff.

Always good

We have been coming to Cabo for 24 years and play here almost every time; never disappoints. Friendly staff, great course. Only issue this time was that my husband picked up a shirt from the sale table and wanted to buy it. He was told that it was there by mistake, so he would have to pay full price; poor customer service.

Missouri Advisor

Overpriced.

Played a lot of courses all over everywhere and this course was average for the $235 price. The greens were pretty sandy otherwise the course was in good condition. Only one ocean hole was a little disappointing for most of the Cabo courses I have played. It was a little too "resort style" for my liking as well. Not a bad course by any means but would steer someone toward a different course in the Cabo area.

Quebec Advisor

Good course with views

We played Mountain+Ocean on a windy day, it's a course with great views and was in great condition in general; the greens were very fast but receptive and rolled true.

Not easy by any means, there are several forced carries on tee shots as well as approaches, so bring your A game, and let the views of the ocean sink in.

All courses in Cabo are a bit overpriced, and this one is no exception. For the price of admission, we would have expected in-cart GPS; this was the only Cabo course we played that didn't have them, and it would certainly have helped. Also, the sand traps were hard as rock.

Still a fun day out, so if you're in the area, why not?

Must play here!

Everything was great.
Course, staff, pace, weather and everything else.
You can find good deal on Golfnow and every golfer visiting Cabo San Lucas area should play here.
Practice range is also included with playing and cold water and towel was provided as well.
One thing that would have been nicer was a good restaurant in the club but there's snack bar for your refreshments and sandwiches.
Will play here again if we visit this area.

Great golf!!!!

We had a blast. Course was in great condition and the staff was awesome. Paid about $175 for golf but with all the taxes and fee's it was $200 each. Can't afford to do it every day but we played 2 times in the week and both my wife and I were delighted.

Do Not Let Your Credit Card Out of Sight!!

We played the Mountain and Ocean nines. The Mountain nine was in very good condition in spite of heavy rain the week before. The first three holes on the Ocean nine were spectacular as they fed towards the sea. The next six holes appeared to be abandoned by the greens keepers. Jack Nicklaus loves the big deep bunkers around the greens, but they were in very poor condition (perhaps due to the rain) with ruts and holes. They were so bad that they did not even have rakes because it would have been pointless to rake the hardpan. When we finished we discovered that our credit card that was used to run our bar tab had disappeared from the snack bar (yeah I know-not the smartest thing we have ever done). The manager and snack shack work claimed that a woman had taken it by mistake to deliver it to her boyfriend at the resort, while his/her card was being held in the pro shop (yeah, sure it was). The manager tried to get us to hang around while he pretended to locate the couple. In reality, he tried to delay us so the criminals could try to run a $525 charge at the resort. So one or more of the snack bar employees are criminals. The manager did pay for our cab back to our resort where we were able to notify Chase before the fraud occurred. There are other better choices for golf in the area for similar prices. If you do play, take cash-they may have other ways to steal your card info.

Incentivized Review

One and Only

Not bad, course condition was good for a few holes but rough for the rest.

Very nice!

Loved the course. Great conditions. 2 driveable par 4s and reachable par 5s with 2 good pokes. Like this layout even better than dunes course at Diamante.

Los Cabos, Baja California