The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes is a Tom Fazio design that is challenging, but with five sets of tees it is versatile enough for players of all skill levels. Fazio deftly utilized the native wetlands and numerous lakes that are interspersed across the landscape, incorporating them along the expansive fairways and angled greens. The tricky greens have been carefully molded and contoured to offer a variety of pin placements. In addition to the water hazards, there are also numerous strategically placed bunkers lurking throughout. The golf course will test your shot-making skills as well as your creativity. To complement the golf course, Hilton Head Lakes offers an equally impressive 36-acre, double-ended practice facility with target greens, bunkers, multiple practice greens, and even a par-3 short course.

The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes

Year Built 2007
Architect Tommy Fazio

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire.

19th Hole Specials 6
Plays Long 42

Not good today

Course was full of poa , greens were bumpy .hard to putt on.

Course judgement

Wide open...not many tree lined fairways. Water can be easily avoided...greens however provide the protection for the course. Short game requires much thought. Overall this course needs more time to mature. Price is a good value. People who work here were just nice folks. Enjoyed not dealing with pompous staff!

Good Ol’ Course

This course has a nice layout and you will use every club in the bag. We have played a number of times and it offers up a challenge especially when the wind is blowing. The only downside to this round was that a number of greens have picked up some type weed grass that definitely effects your putts. The effected greens definitely need attention.

Commented on 04/07/2021

Thanks for the amazing review and for choosing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 04/06/2021

We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes, and we hope to see you again soon.

Looking forward to play it again

All staff were friendly and professional, course was in very good shape but needs a few more sunny days to get the greens in top condition (almost there)......very nice layout through a residential community......will definitely be back

Commented on 04/02/2021

We appreciate the awesome review! Come back soon to The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes.

Not a fan

Boring layout and terrible course conditions. Decided to leave after 9 holes because it just wasn’t fun.

Commented on 04/02/2021

We hope to see you back soon at The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes!

Commented on 04/02/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Greens are fair, at best

Funny that my GPS would not take me to the course...luckily the signage on the road was excellent. For the area this is a reasonable priced course, and being cheap I chose it, now that my wife has quit playing golf I hate to spend too much money. A small clubhouse, but I go to play golf, not shop and dine. They have a nice practice area, but being so sandy it would have been nice to have club cleaning out there on the range at least...small item, but I they did not even have club stands on the range so I brought my bag...everything was damp from the weather and, as I mentioned, very sandy. The course is nice and open...I didn't miss one fairway truth be told. very forgiving course. The fairways were in good condition, but the greens pretty much impossible to enjoy. There were little tuffs of grass everywhere and your ball bounced and hoped the entire way to the hole.

But another cool feature, they had ice and water machines...the ball washers were working, complete with towels...and flush toilets on both nines. If it wasn't for the greens, it would have been a very good experience. They are so close to good...oh, I ran out of sand to fill divots...the little things that are annoying, not club stands, no club washers, running out of sand...

Commented on 04/07/2021

Thanks for the great, in-depth review! We're glad you found value in The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes. We hope you'll give us another shot soon.

Worth the drive!

Staying in Hilton Head, checked out the Golf Club at HH Lakes and glad I did. Great course, overall well maintained; challenging yet fun, and worth the drive!

Commented on 04/06/2021

We're happy you found The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes well worth the drive!

Not worth getting off Hilton Head Island for

The greens were in bad shape with weeds. The layout was nothing special- especially the front nine where everything was just wide open. Picked the course of the name Fazio. Turns out it’s Tommy Fazio (guessing they’re related somehow).

Fun layout poor staff helpfulness

Great sunny day course is a good layout and conditions were good for this time of year. Golf was fun. The poor part is had 5 staff members in the pro shop not one greeted or interacted with me. The person that waited on me actually had ear buds in and I thought he was on the phone when he was actually talking to me. He never looked up to make eye contact to acknowledge me. When I went out to go play my clubs were still in the bag drop so I had to load my own bag. No guidance on where to go to the first hole so I asked and got a generic go this way and it’s right there. Well I played the tenth hole before I realized it was not one. Once I got to the correct hole I found a group ahead of me that was never mentioned. So I played the front nine In close to 2:45. Once on the back side nobody out there after the shotgun had finished. When I finished my round I came back to the bag drop and unloaded my own clubs while the cart guy watched me and continued to wash carts. I didn’t really feel very important as a golfer playing there course. I am an avid golfer from the Atlanta area and am a member of a country club and routinely tip the help but I do expect to be treated like your happy I’m there.

Commented on 03/10/2021

Hi Danny! Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course and our staff! Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes. We hope to see you again soon! In the mean time, if you would like to give us a call and go over your experience again and see if there is anything we can do to make things right!

Commented on 03/01/2021

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit? We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes.

Review

Cart path only. Walked 5 miles with cart. Course was wet everywhere. Greens had mixed growth of different grasses.

Commented on 03/01/2021

Hi, Roger! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes!

Greens were bumpy, cart path only after all the rain which was the correct call. Fairways were wide open, not one of fazio’s best layouts

Commented on 02/26/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 02/24/2021

Commented on 03/08/2021

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes.

This course really needs better drainage. It did rain a couple of days ago, but I played another course the day after and it was in better shape than this was. Which is a shame because this is a great course under normal circumstances, but today, it was a mess.

Commented on 02/12/2021

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is very important to us. Please know that the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

First time

Good layout, but poor shape. Very wet and fairways had very little grass

Commented on 02/12/2021

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes!

Very wet but very nice!

Rain ended in the early morning and every step on the course was like walking on a sponge. Solid shots were rewarded with a spray of mud all over you and almost every shot had absolute zero roll. The layout is very nice with an interesting blend of holes, lots of water, good bunkering and exceptional greens. Wide open driving opportunities make this a fair test for all handicap levels. Play forward as the course plays longer than you might think. I’ll have to come back on a hot, dry summer day and play this one again.

Commented on 04/07/2021

Thank you for reviewing and choosing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes. We hope you'll join us again soon!

Hardeeville, South Carolina