Houston National Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Fairways Baby Bermuda & 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Bermuda Grass
Architect von Hagge, Smelek and Baril (2001) Gus Grantham (1999)

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Grey Day at Houston National

Lightning fast greens. Always appreciative of the senior rate offered on 1250 pm tee times. My only slight complaint was that the 18th white tee was pushed back as far as possible. Totally understand as the wind had veered to the southeast a head wind. I’m sure when they set up early in the morning, the northeast wind was blowing. Still my favorite course.

Commented on 01/20/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club.

Needs TLC and a Marshall

Played this course many times and love the challenges it offers. However, it is in need of some serious TLC. The fairways have giant holes in places, where balls get swallowed, are hard as a rock, feels like playing off of concrete, and traps are more hard pans than soft sand. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of grooming going on. In addition, no Marshall is ever in sight to move players along. Had a five some ahead of us last time playing behind a molasses like threesome. REALLY? Took us two 4.5 hrs to get through. None of this is necessary.

Challenging but fun course

I love this course because it is a challenge. Course of play was great for a Sat with very little wait at holes. I am an average golfer and come here to challenge myself to get better. Staff were friendly but I did not see the beverage cart at all but no big deal. Love the course layout.

Commented on 01/21/2021

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Houston National Golf Club. We hope to have you back again soon!

Commented on 01/21/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club.

Undesirable Conditions

No cart girl; definitely not worth the green fee; free burger was great, however, not worth $60.

Commented on 01/20/2021

Same ole Houston National

This course, like others in Houston, is in its wintertime condition of dormant grass, But the course has very thin remaining grass in the fairways and the same bald spots that they have had for years. Nothing has really changed. The course is average at best and the greens are ok. Beverage Cart was visible 3-4 times and the gas carts were clean. I feel the rate charged for a hot deal was not really worth it even on a weekday. Sorry for a bad review but its the truth. I hope the Sterling CC side is in better shape for its members..

Nice layout and the greens were very fast for an average golfer, which is fine. Except the pin placement in 5-6 holes was impossible to even leave close.

Make the pin placement makeable for the average or even slightly above average player. 5-6 holes if you did not put it in, even just 1 inch around the hole, the ball would roll away 6-10 feet. The only exception being if you were perfectly set up below the hole.

Too many courses make the putting as difficult as they can. Makes no sense to me, no one likes to three put on a regular basis,

Very good layout

I have played this course many times. In the summer months the fairways and tee boxes and greens( in my opinion) are in great shape for the amount of play they receive. The winter months they get a little ruff but all courses get that way. The greens always run fast and are in good shape all year long. If I had a negative comment it is that the pin placements are not friendly to the average golfer. The PGA does not even put the stick on a slope on the green. I mean come on man. But overall the course set up is awesome and challenging. Love playing this course.

TOUGH GREENS

They really love to emphasize the “elevated isolated greens” here. First time playing, I enjoyed the challenge... yet at times it did feel like the course layout was not build for the average golfer.

Def will play again, course was in good condition.

Commented on 01/11/2021

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Houston National Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Needs attention

Seems they put all there money in their members course. Greens weren't bad but fairways are horrible.

Commented on 01/04/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Good course but today was slow.

Excellent course to play. Really challenging links style course.

Commented on 12/28/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Houston National Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 12/28/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Houston National Golf Club and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Hit them straight

I've Always Enjoy the course Must Play it 3 or 4 time 2 truly Know Where 2 Hit it! I lost 3 Ball one I could had got but it was in A neighbors yard! Had 2 Respect there property.

Commented on 12/28/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Fun round

Played in a foursome today with my buddies and it was the first time at Houston National for all of us. It was a great round needless to say. The weather couldn’t have been more perfect. The course was great (with the exception of the bunkers.) Tee boxes and greens were in great condition. Fairway was dead but that’s what we get for it being winter.

The green fee included range balls, a great burger, chips, and one drink(beer or fountain). Living 20 minutes away makes this course an easy choice for future rounds.

Commented on 12/28/2020

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club.

Soggy and flooded

Tough course conditions day after a storm. The course doesn’t drain well at all. Some fairways collected a lot of water in landing zones, almost all bunkers were flooded. Greens rolled pretty nice though

Commented on 12/21/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Houston National Golf Club.

Houston, Texas