Houston National Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Fairways Baby Bermuda & 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Bermuda Grass
Architect von Hagge, Smelek and Baril (2001) Gus Grantham (1999)

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Commented on 04/07/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Houston National Golf Club.

Pleasant Surprise

First time player, very happy overall. Fairways were pretty bare but got pro rolls when putting it down the middle. Really enjoyed the layout, plenty water danger and rolling jagged hills on the sides of the fairway with no telling how your ball will react. Greens rolled true and fast, not perfect but they were the best greens I’ve played in the 8-10 course ice played this year. Great outdoor bar, gasoline carts and friendly people. Highly recommend!

Commented on 04/08/2021

Thank you for reviewing us! We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Always a good time

Great set up. Challenging. But the greens need a little help.

Commented on 04/06/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club.

Pleasant

The course was a little bare in places, but it was still nice. They could do a little more with course layout maps, got myself in a little bind a couple times.

Commented on 04/05/2021

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Houston National Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Green Review

Several Greens had a few rough spots on them; however most were good to excellent! Faster than most other courses greens that I have played in the greater Houston area! I love fast greens since I believe they are the most fair...and I consistently play 8-10 courses in the greater Houston area.

Commented on 04/05/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for leaving us with your feedback. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club.

Good deal

The senior rate begins at age 56
I would like to see them assign someone to pick up the misc. trash

Commented on 04/05/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Houston National Golf Club!

Honored to show off this course

I was joined by Ben, recently moved to Katy from Wisconsin. I was playing solo at my usual brisk pace of ready golf when Ben came roaring up behind me, hitting humongous shots on #2, catching up on 3. I went to wave him thru not wanting to slow him down when Ben mentioned this was his first time at Houston National. This course can have some surprises so I was only to happy to guide him., Ben hits from the tips, played in college so I was glad to join up.,The greens are much improved after the deep freeze last month.! We both liked the value, $35! Hot Deal in Golf Now.. the plumbing was fixed in the grill. Beverage cart was well stocked and helpful. I bragged on the upcoming two finishing holes and they didn’t disappoint. As a weatherman, couldn’t ask for a nicer day. We finished in just over an hour. My favorite course.

Commented on 04/05/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We appreciate you rating us 5-stars and for taking the time to leave us a review! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Houston National Golf Club!

Commented on 04/05/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Houston National Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 03/30/2021

Commented on 03/24/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club!

Course is over priced for the lack of maintenance done. The members course is well taken care of. But as for the public course it’s trash and has gone down hill.

Commented on 04/05/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club.

Poor Course Conditions

I was shocked. I couldn't believe the condition of the course. I mean there is simply no excuse, this is not from recent weather but a lack of upkeep. Not worth the money or the drive.

Commented on 03/24/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club.

Cheap nice course

Course was a little under the weather. Hopefully this spring it gets a little makeover

Commented on 03/24/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 03/26/2021

After the freeze

The course is on its way back to pre freeze conditions, but the facilities, other than the clubhouse and members locker rooms were horrible, very dirty....mud and leaves, it seems that the maintenance staff could have been cleaning up after last night’s rain instead of sleeping in a cart. The bathroom in the bar area was filthy, and the carts are always dirty. I picked up trash on the course as i played, but more could be done to make this place fabulous.

Commented on 03/24/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Too many hard , dry dirt and mud areas... bunkers need upkeep, driving range closed.

So much potential

There is so much potential with this course. I understand the conditions were not the best and Houston has recently seen some extreme weather, but if you have friendly, helpful staff then you can still really enjoy your round.

If you get a cheap rate, give it a go. Otherwise, play elsewhere.

Commented on 03/24/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Houston National Golf Club!

Great course layout; poor condition

This is a really nice golf course layout and was really fun to play, but the course is beat. Fairways were hard pan and have dry/ dirt patches everywhere, not maintained or watered and the greens are patchy, fuzzy and clumpy. It’s such a shame because the layout is really nice. It was a good value for. a Saturday but I won’t be back again - there are better options at similar value. Let me know when you turn on the sprinkler system and maybe I’ll give it another try.

Houston, Texas