Type Public/Resort

Hill Country Golf Club offers three nines, all of which sprawl across 200 scenic acres of Texas Hill Country. The terrain is provided with rolling meadows and steep hillsides dotted with tranquil lakes and ponds that come into play throughout the 27 holes. The Oaks Nine is named for the towering oaks that blanket the course. From wooded ravines to tree-lined fairways, this nine is a demanding test of accuracy. There are strategically placed bunkers and water comes into play on a few holes. The courses, which were designed by well-known architectural firm Arthur Hill & Associates, have received praise from both Golf Digest and Golf Magazine.

Hill Country Golf Club

Year Built 1993
Architect Arthur Hills (1993)

Spa

Entertaining Clients 25

good course

first time to play the course. I did like it. greens were a little slow but rolled true.

Great day at HHC

HHC is in great shape.
Hole #1 on Creeks was a mess because of all the range balls on the fairway, but the rest of the course was nice.
One of the starters even came to us and offered to let us switch do a different 9 hole course so we wouldn’t be backed up as much.
That was very much appreciated. We ended up finishing the whole round in 3: hrs 20 min. Definitely going back soon.

Over priced

Course is priced the same as la cantera and the quarry and its 2/5 while those are 4 and 5/5. Fun track they just think it’s something that it’s not. Greens were slow. Will play again but only if the others aren’t available

Highly recommended!!!

Played both The Creeks and The Lakes courses, lovely layouts , specially the Lakes since it allowed me to play one of my best rounds of golf ever.!. Both courses can be difficult but if you place the ball well, you can score. Will come back soon!!!

Play a round and stay for a massage

Great place to just get away for a weekend. Great staff and excellent fairways and greens.

Course condition

This course is definitely in the top 3 of courses to play in San Antonio. The golf course is well maintained and in pristine condition. I love it!

Best Course in South Texas ?

This is probably the best golf course in South Texas, all around. As always, the course was in top shape. We played 18 holes in under 3 hours. Great course and value.

Come on out

One of the best courses west of Houston and South of Austin. Green fairways and greens. Absolutely challenging and fun. Beautiful skillfull layout. 100-106 temps the place is in great condition. It’s worth the price you pay.

Creeks Coming Back

Greens are returning to good-very good condition. Fairways very good to excellent. Best staff in San Antonio. Pace of play during the week excellent unless tournaments conflict. Michael on the desk and Steve on carts/Starter are a winning combo. Carts are in very good condition. Would like to see cafe re-opened.

Pricing change

I love the course. However, recent pricing changes will make it much more difficult and expensive to play there. It used to be that I could get a really good Deal to play the course though several different online platforms. If I couldn’t find a deal I could get the military/veteran rate which was already a bit higher than I’m comfortable with at $55. Now the cheapest I can get to play at times when I am able to (COVID and all things considered) is $60+ tax. Not sure how much longer my wife will allow me to spend that much on golf lol. (Fingers crossed)

Great fairways, horrible greens, slow pace

Greens punched several weeks and and are still very bad. Fairways were very good. Staff encounters were all positive. For $65 through Golfnow on a weekend morning, it’s a good value. The rate through the pro shop is $125, which would have been ridiculously overpriced.

As far as the layout, it’s a little gimmicky. Several big dog legs and blind shots. Would be a fun course for a scramble, though.

Commented on 06/23/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Recently plugged

Everything was great except the greens had recently been plugged. Another week or so and it should be in excellent form.

Commented on 06/18/2020

Hello, GregPDX72. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We strive for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule. The greens will be healed soon and in pristine condition. Please come back soon for the 5-star experience you expect at Hill Country Golf Club - The Oaks Course.

Great experience all-around !

Met my every expectation of quality of play, period ! Have always looked forward to playing the HHCC ,,,due to present social restrictions, this has become my "home course",,,see you'll soon !

Commented on 06/18/2020

Your feedback is important to us, u000002254318. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Hill Country Golf Club - The Oaks Course.

Commented on 06/17/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us! Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Overrated experience

First, the greens are in terrible condition. Not only punched and heavily sanded but lacking grass consistently on every green. Unfortunately we booked 36 holes and after the 5th hole wanted to leave but had already paid $125 and the drive to other courses was more than 30 minutes and there were no tee times. The courses aren’t even layed out well. There are some holes where you have iron off the tee 5-6 holes in a row. A lot of shots made no sense. The fairways saved a star on the review but many tee boxes were little sand traps. I don’t understand how you can charge someone $125 and direct them to the first tee box with no grass and 2 inches of sand and a green that is punched and sanded. There’s no where to eat and the holes on the practice green we’re being installed at 9:15 We had a pretty bad experience. There was a beverage cart making rounds. Played la cantera Sunday for $99 and it was a 10 star experience. Also the quarry was amazing too and was only $65 and was head and shoulders above HCH.

Commented on 06/17/2020

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Hill Country Golf Club - The Oaks Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

4.5319294118
4.5319294118
2.1911764706
Helotes, Texas

Valid dates: Apr 01, 2020 - Oct 31, 2020
Bring your game and Make it Grand when you stay on the Stay and Play Golf package. Experience The Brute, a stunning 7,300-yard American classic or The Highlands, a picturesque landscape of scenic hills, trickling creeks and lush foliage.