Olde Liberty Golf & Country Club in Youngsville, North Carolina, USA | GolfPass

Olde Liberty Golf Club

Year Built 2008
Architect Joel Moulin (2008) Michael Gleason (2008)

Met the Low Expectations

The Good - $24 for 18 holes, sub-3 hours on a Saturday. Fast cart.

The Bad - Greens were still healing from aeration, bumpy and inconsistent.

The Ugly - Rock-hard fairways, untended bunkers.

Such a nice set of holes - and such a same FSC can't/won't address the fairway turf challenges.

Commented on 08/03/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u168490299. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Olde Liberty Golf & Country Club!

Awesome time

Just golfed Olde Liberty yesterday. It's a tough challenge for a high handicapper like myself as there are plenty of hazards and all the holes are surrounded by trees. It's these trees however along with the rolling terrain that make it a very beautiful course. Things have been dry so the course was very hard and fast except the greens. It does have some bare spots on the course that just need a little bit more sod management but overall a very beautiful course. I had fun there and everyone in the clubhouse has been very friendly to me. Great value course!

Commented on 07/27/2022

buckeye25osu, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Olde Liberty Golf & Country Club.

Getting better.

Everytime I play this course it gets incrementally better. Really looking forward to Fred Smith getting this course where it really deserves to be. It’s challenging and well laid out. Will be back again. Also, the motorbike carts are awesome.

Commented on 07/14/2022

Hello, seann1. Thank you for visiting us at Olde Liberty Golf & Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Please help this course

Please help this course. It is such a great layout but no one is taking care of the course. Beginning with the owner and seemingly everyone involved with this golf course. I hope with all the new construction going on around the course that they will get new members, new Greenskeepers, and an irrigation system not to mention sand and sand bunkers. If you don’t do something soon you’ll kill the course.

Commented on 07/07/2022

Hi, greengolf69,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting Olde Liberty Golf & Country Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Horrible conditions

Unfortunately, the course conditions could not have been worse.. Fairways were sparse, bare in some places, and infested with weeds. The tee boxes were no better. Bunkers were unplayable. There was even one bunker with small pine trees growing in it! The greens were bumpy and heavily sanded. The course needs serious work to be considered playable. I have played literally hundreds and hundreds of courses and this one is at the bottom of the list as far as course conditions are concerned. I can not recommend this course at any price.

Commented on 07/05/2022

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve and are working diligently to improve the course. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Same Olde Same Olde

You know what you are getting into when you play Olde Lib....bunkers unplayable, rough areas are mostly hard pan. Greens were aerated recently so put that in the equation. As a positive, the fairways had the most grass I've seen in them for 2022. The layout is great....several of the cart paths have been repaired since my last visit.
If you are looking for a great layout with marginal conditions that you can play in about 3 hrs....go for it.

Commented on 06/29/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, 1Morgan1. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Olde Liberty Golf & Country Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Great layout

You’ve got to think about your shots on every hole but the fairways are a bit rough in spots. Overall a decent value and I will return.

Commented on 06/28/2022

Hello, u314159518262. Thank you for visiting us at Olde Liberty Golf & Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Terrible.

This is the third time I have been here and it keeps getting worse.

Commented on 06/27/2022

Hello, briandrakestallings. Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience.

We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied during your round. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high-quality standards we maintain.

We would like to make things right. Please reach out to our management team at the pro shop.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Commented on 06/22/2022

Hello, u314162891486. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Olde Liberty Golf & Country Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Wake Forest Golf

The course layout was great! The greens were in great shape!

Commented on 06/09/2022

Hi, SissyGuinn! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Olde Liberty Golf & Country Club!

Beautiful landscapes

Overall great golf course! Fairways were a little choppy and soggy in some areas due to rainfall the previous day. Staff and carts were great! Peace ✌️

Commented on 06/01/2022

Hello, u314160587705. Thank you for visiting us at Olde Liberty Golf & Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 05/11/2022

Hello u9373536,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Rough Shape this week

I have played this course a lot over the years, but I’ve never seen the greens as bad as they were on this day. There were small patches of grass growing on the greens and they were bumpy lumpy. The fairways are always a little rough but the green used to be decent. Maybe they were having a bad week. I will go back because this is not the norm for this course. We need this course as an option to play in the area but we can’t play in these conditions. I am hopeful that it was a temporary bad day. I love the challenge of this course.

Commented on 05/09/2022

Hi, u395055881! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Sad, sad, sad

Olde Lib continues its slow and steady decline into irrelevance. SUCH A GREAT LAYOUT. Such TERRIBLE conditions.
Tees are not good. Fairways are rock hard with no grass. Bunkers are all GUR. Greens continue to get worse every year. Now the greens are covered in Goose Grass.
I've played here ever since it first opened 15 years ago or so, and it continues to disappoint as it slowly slides towards death. Maybe one day someone will own it who gives a flip about it being a fraction as good as it could be. This owner, and the last one, definitely do not.
So sad.

Commented on 04/29/2022

Commented on 04/22/2022

Hi, u314162529344. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Olde Liberty Golf & Country Club!

Improvements are 100% noticeable…keep grinding!

You cannot coach speed….nor can you make chicken salad with chicken sh&$.

The Olde Lib track has the potential to be something special…I’d argue more so than any other course within a 60 mile radius.

Fred Smith Company is no spring chicken, why is this COURSE still so far off from meeting its potential? I assume the lack of natural water supply on the course presents a challenge. A rather steep one.

My immediate ask to Management, can you please provide detailed insight/transparency as to what the realistic goals are for improvements?

Commented on 04/18/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, mcrowder. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Olde Liberty Golf & Country Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Great Value

Great value, greens in good condition, fairways a little patchy but overall I would recommend

Commented on 04/06/2022

Thank you for your review, Curweng. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Olde Liberty Golf & Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 04/11/2022

Hi, dennisdelgado. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Olde Liberty Golf & Country Club!

Fairways Super Thin

Great layout, good greens....fairways are very thin, spongy. Have played here since 2010, probably worst fairway condition I've seen here.
Sand bunkers have been discussed enough in previous reviews.
Maybe with some dry/hot weather, the grass will start to grow in May/June.

Commented on 04/04/2022

Hello, 1Morgan1. Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback on your recent round with us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and we apologize if we missed the mark. Please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop with any additional concerns. Thanks for choosing Olde Liberty Golf & Country Club.

Creedmoor, North Carolina
Louisburg, North Carolina
Durham, North Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.