Lanier Islands Legacy Golf Course

Year Built 2009
Greens MiniVerde Bermuda Grass
Architect Billy Fuller (2009)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Entertaining Clients 20

Beautiful gem

Picturesque describes this beauty with a fantastic layout along the shoreline of Lake Lanier. Greens were in nearly perfect condition. Fairways very good following days of heavy rains. Mike the starter was excellent and professional. Love the idea of free lunch with your greens fees. We will be back.

Georgia Advisor

Awesome course with beautiful views

Right from check in the staff was great. There is always someone to come to your car once you have parked to pick up your bag and take you to the pro shop and the putting, chipping greens and driving range. The worst part is that the starter will not give you a key to your cart until it is your time to head to the first tee. I felt like a little child who could not be trusted with anything until my parent told me “ok”. That is how the started acted in regards to giving you a key to your cart to start your round. However, I love the fact that with your greens fee, food (hot dogs, sandwiches and snacks) and drinks (soda, bottled water, several types of juices) and range balls all are included at no additional cost. The practice area is great. I wish you did not have to hit of matts, but that is what it is.

The golf course is awesome with the great majority of the holes routed right along the shores of beautiful Lake Lanier. The water in the lake is amazingly clear. You have tons of beautiful views throughout the entire course and the was lots of wild life (deer, birds, and other animals). The course is challenging with many forced carries over water (2, 3, 6, 12, 13, 14, 15). The fairways are in excellent condition. The greens are average to slow as far as speed. The only negative I have is that several tee boxes are beaten up and lacking grass (2 and 5 especially). Overall, I love Lanier Islands Legacy Golf Course. It is one of my favorites in all of Georgia. I highly recommend you take the opportunity to play.

Great day

The only downside was that the greens were being aerated. Other than that everything about the course was great.

Pleasure

Our band of wanna be golfers had a great time today. This is an expensive course, the luxury amenities are a fabulous package and i'd recommend this to others. Staff are very pleasant! The course is beautiful. The T Boxes have grass and the course lays out nicely and challenging. Our crew will play this one again. Tomorrow wouldn't be soon enough! Certainly a favorite.

Beautiful course

Gorgeous course on Lake Lanier. Store pricey, but everyone was nice and very accommodating.

Great, Challenging Course

This course is tough, but great views and amazing amenities

Not worth the hassle even if you stay in property, go to Sugarloaf for a better experience

Staff should spend less time worrying about pace of play and mow the greens because they’re slower than a muni. This is a resort course but the staff acts as if you’re irritating them by just being there. The type of guys who ignore you when you walk into a golf store but can’t break 80. One of our guys had his bag fall off when driving to the first tee because it was strapped on wrong. The starter got mad at us because group 1 had the signs on carts for the 2nd group. We didn’t put the clubs on those carts, those were his guys.

This environment may work for you but if you’re an avid player and this is a golf trip, do yourself a favor and go down the road to Sugarloaf. Not worth the hassle and the pro won’t do anything about it.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Thank you for the feedback. I think that you were part of the group with the 730AM and 740AM tee time and we unfortunately made you feel uncomfortable with our pace of play policy but I cannot be sure. Please feel free to call me at 678-318-7863 or email gclarkson@lanierislands.com to discuss these issues further.
Gary Clarkson PGA
Head Golf Professional

Great time on a great course

Hope to play here again. Great course. Setup as resort style golf. Reminds me a little of Legends in Myrtle Beach. Staff is ready to help you enjoy the facilities and to get you out on the course. Excellent staff! We showed up a bit early, and the staff did everything they could to accommodate us. Special THANKS from our foursome to the staff!

Commented on 07/27/2021

Thank you very much for the feedback. We will certainly pass this on to our staff!
Regards
Legacy Golf Pro Staff

Find a better venue with better staff

Tee boxes and fairways are in good shape. Greens are slow. Course conditions are pretty good overall. However, the starter/Ranger is the thorn in this coruñeses side. His name is Tony. We had to deal with his antics 3 times because we were 2 minutes behind pace. We will no longer have golf trips here. He should be fired.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Thank you for the response with additional information. Please email me at gclarkson@lanierislands.com or call me at the golf shop on 678-318-7861 at your convenience so I can look into this further. I apologize that our rules and procedures made your group not feel welcome at the golf course, that certainly is not how we would like our guests to perceive our operation.
Gary Clarkson
PGA Head Golf Professional

Commented on 07/25/2021

Gary- He visited us in hole 4 and we were 12min behind and told us the clubhouse sent him out. He told us “we need to pick it up because there is a golf trip behind us.” As if we weren’t. At the turn, we were only 14min behind, so 2 min more after our warning. Here is where the issue starts with Tony, not the delay. His condescending tone to me asking “How can I help you play faster” is when I decided to never come back. What answer does your staff expect to a question like that? I’ve never been spoken to by a Ranger on the course like that ever. Zero respect for paying customers.

For the record, we played in 4hrs and 30min. Next closest group was 3 holes behind. We caused no issues but Tony had an axe to grind for whatever reason.

Commented on 07/25/2021

Thank you for the feedback. As you have not listed your starting tee time I am unsure of your specific pace of play for the day however it is extremely unlikely that the golf shop would have directed Tony to address a group who was only 4 minutes behind our target pace. More likely, if our course marshal has to be sent out three times, your estimated pace of play for 18 holes would have been over 4 hours 45 minutes verging on a 5 hour round. Our target pace of play is 4 hours and 15 minutes and as a resort course this is not always attainable however we have to intervene, for the benefit of all guests on the golf course if a group looks to be on track for a 5 hour round of golf. I apologize if you felt Tony was not as friendly as you would have expected but he was merely acting on the direction of myself, the Head Golf Professional.
Please feel free to call me at the golf shop if you would like to discuss the matter further.
Gary Clarkson
PGA Head Golf Professional

Amazing “public” course

This course is amazing! The staff, the views, and the lay out are phenomenal.

Sugar Hill, Georgia
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Hoschton, Georgia
Dacula, Georgia
Gainesville, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club Château, Woodlands, and Par 3 Courses.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses including full breakfast buffet daily and unlimited use of practice facilities.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Saddlebrook Resort and 1 round of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses with unlimited use of practice facilities.
BIRMINGHAM, AL | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at your choice of select Marriott properties in the Birmingham area and 2 rounds of golf at Highland Park Golf Course.