Situated in the heart of Chestermere, Lakeside Golf Club is conveniently only 20 minutes east of downtown Calgary. The 18-hole layout is player friendly enough for all skill levels to enjoy. The golf course is gentle enough for high handicappers but it will still give more advanced golfers a chance to use their skills. Water has a prominent presence throughout the golf course, it comes into play on nearly every hole on the front nine. The back nine may have less water, but you'll have to contend with more strategically placed bunkers, like on the par-3 13th. This tough hole features not only a large lake on the right but also an array of bunkers circling the green. In addition to the course, With all of the hazards you'll be facing, it may not be a bad idea to use Lakeside's driving range and putting green to warm up.

Lakeside Golf Club (AB)

Year Built 1992
Golf Season Apr 15 to Oct 15

Single Allowed No

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Dinner 8

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314160904445! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lakeside Golf Club!

Commented on 10/12/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Lakeside Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Pace Pace Pace

Great course and close to the City. Price is great if you go out early.
I think we were the 3rd group out on this day and the pace of play was slow. We waited on every hole and the Marshall doesn't seem to want to speed things up. That is the only complaint I have with the course. Doesn't seem to matter what time you play it is slow.
Staff is very friendly though and the food has been great every time I've eaten there.

Commented on 10/15/2020

Lakeside Greens

Fun course, a few two many houses in play but challenging and the greens are always great.

Commented on 10/14/2020

Great Track, Great Service

Played as a single with member, made me feel very welcome. A great day on a great course, with great people

Commented on 10/01/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lakeside Golf Club.

Course conditions

The course was in excellent condition when I first starting playing there this season and it held up pretty good for the amount of people that played this year. I would play it again and again. I am considering getting a membership at this course

Lakeside Golf

Great value at this price ( Golf Now Hot deal ). Greens are in excellent condition but some fairways have really bad spots but overall it's worth playing especially at this price.

Commented on 10/01/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, Crummy44. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Lakeside Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Nice course. Short yardage and you have to be careful due to surrounding houses.

So slow

I put a “no” in the would you recommend this to a friend because there is no option for “maybe “
My wife and I love to play the course but the last few times it is so slow it’s painful!!!
Yesterday we were on pace for a three hour front nine, until the foursome that had three empty holes in front of them let us through on the eighth???? (Worst part was that one of the players in the foursome was a marshal/starter there)!

Commented on 10/01/2020

Hello, BlakeMcCcol. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Lakeside Golf Club!

Commented on 09/23/2020

Nice Playable Course

Always enjoy playing Lakeside. Some challenges that require the golfer to apply course management. Too long of a drive on 9 or 18 can get you into the large pond. Greens were in great shape. Pace of play was good. Always a fun round at Lakeside.

Commented on 10/14/2020

Good bang for the buck

The course was in good condition and not too many leaves yet, and pace of play was great, 4hrs

Commented on 09/18/2020

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Lakeside Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

My goto course around Calgary

I can usually find tee times I want at a price I want and have always enjoyed the apres golf as well (I would suggest though getting a frameless railing on your patio so we can watch the other golfers coming in while sitting more easily. This course does not play super long but yet I still manage to get into trouble on a number of holes. Have found the greens to be in good shape and always a challenge. Always liked this course but have heard it may disappear in a few years which is very sad to hear. Hopefully this will be delayed so I can continue to enjoy my visits here.

Tourney's are Pace killers

The club had a industry tournament booked before our time. We were 30min delayed in getting tee-ed off and our front 9 took 3hrs!!! we ended up asking for a refund for the back 9 and walking off. The staff were kind enough to give us a 9 hole certificate, but no real other apology/compensation for their poor planning.
Also there was no notice, nor discount, for recent aeration of the greens.
Will play again, but call in to see what is going on before you go.

Commented on 09/18/2020

We appreciate you reviewing the course. We always want to make sure our golfers are informed about significant changes in course conditions before booking. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements and continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your review for guidance. Thank you for playing Lakeside Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Commented on 09/09/2020

Commented on 08/27/2020

Marshall’s..

The course Marshall’s are incredibly rude. We were confronted by the Marshall’s 4 times during our last round about our pace of play. There’s were no groups in front or behind. We were followed around the course for our entire round. Will not return.

Commented on 08/28/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next round. We appreciate your feedback and hope you reconsider returning for another round soon.

Commented on 08/27/2020