The Golf Club at Texas A&M

Year Built 1950
Architect Ralph Plummer Jeffery D. Blume (1989)

Single Allowed No
Dress code Collared golf shirts are required on the premises. Blue jeans must be presentable.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 College Courses in the U.S. (2020 #20)

On a College Campus 15

Aggie golf review

The course was in good shape even though greens had just been aerated there was minimal variance in holding the line and the greens were very quick but did roll true. Book through GolfNow and for the money it was well worth the time spent on the course as well as off in the clubhouse. I would highly recommend this course for anyone from a beginner to the advanced players.

Commented on 09/23/2022

Hi, u314160652636. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Drought effects seen but effect play

You can’t do a thing about the drought. However, at its height, the Golf Course at TAMU was always green. Some greens (#1) are changing due to the drought but the greens still rolled true. And their break is back! You can drive for show but you putt for dough! And even if you miss, it’s fun to roll and see if you’re right. Bunkers need sand in the worst way though.

Commented on 09/15/2022

Thank you for your review, allergydoc. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at The Golf Club at Texas A&M. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Could be great

It’s a nice course and it’s kept up very well. It needs more trees and they definitely. Need to address the driving range unattractiveness but other than that it’s a fun round.

Commented on 08/31/2022

Hello, u314163340516. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at The Golf Club at Texas A&M. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Excellent greens

The greens are in excellent shape. Fairways are in good shape. I am low handicapper and enjoyed the course.

Commented on 08/09/2022

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, markpatton007. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

Best greens in the Brazos Valley

With the exception of the bunkers and driving range, the course has survived the Texas drought exceptionally well. This is due solely to the hard work of all the staff and crew. The greens are smooth and roll at stems of about 9.
The bunkers need sand though.

Commented on 08/09/2022

Hi, allergydoc. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

Commented on 08/02/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u314163185254. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

back down to earth

Rarely play here cause of distance from my home. But while I'm averaging in the 80's on the country course my buddies and I play weekly, thinking I'm ready for a course with fast greens and longer yardage from tee to green, it doesn't take long to realize that I'm not quiet ready. I'll be 62 years old soon and decent off the tee, not very long, can't seem to get second shot where I need it to be. The course is always in very good shape when I've been. Twice in the last year. Still after all of my problems I shot a 92 and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Employees are ALWAYS friendly. Only problem, Driving Range was closed both times I've been there!

Commented on 08/03/2022

Thanks so much for the great review, u1654148. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Commented on 08/08/2022

Hello, u009020883. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Commented on 07/19/2022

Hi, u2553286. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

Nice course but weather was very hot unfortunately. Did not care for the carts not allowing us to get very close to certain areas of the course to find a ball. This includes parts of a few fairways.

Commented on 07/18/2022

Hi, u000003819596. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at The Golf Club at Texas A&M, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 07/18/2022

Hi, Cparsley20. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Commented on 07/06/2022

Hi, u314161002994. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Golf Club at Texas A&M. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 07/06/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u314161002994. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

Commented on 06/28/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, msmason0508! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

A Good Course with A Lot of Potential!

This course was very good. Only reason it wasn’t great was a lot of standing water around the greens and in the bunkers. If it had rained the day prior I’d understand but looking back there wasn’t any rain for at least a week. So this had to be from the sprinkler system. Greens were super fast which can be a bummer if you’re not used to that. Overall I’d give this course an 8.5.

Commented on 06/24/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, GolfPilot21. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. The Golf Club at Texas A&M thanks you!

Commented on 06/16/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, lukab! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

Course plays as different every round!

Today we played The 11am “hot deal” priced tee time. We normally play when we don’t have to pay the full price due to the excellent on line deals.
Since this course is hit or miss due to it having ongoing improvements (mostly for the betterment), and the very often impatient student aged golf who can’t be bothered to wait to tee off while your playing your next shot, “hot deals” are the most affordable way to truly get the best value for the round. Last week we got lucky In that we played on pristine cut turf and the greens were for the most part predictable in speed and puttable. However, a day like today, we ended up with the latter and had the odd ball not so great course conditions. Coupled with students driving on us despite letting people play through. The biggest issue was the greens were aerated and sanded since last week and they hadn’t been rolled and this made for slow bumpy greens. Also someone at some point came out with round up and sprayed phallic and nswf pic and words in the cut and greens. Other wise we had a great round. It is a bit hot and hydration stations at not to many places and no bevcart was to be seen. But like I said, “hot deals” pricing makes up for these deficiencies. It would not have been as enjoyable to play tHe course as it was today if we had paid full price.

Commented on 06/16/2022

Hi, texasbrownsnake. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Commented on 06/16/2022

Hi, YANKEETRAV. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

Better than avg course

The course is in really good shape considering the lack of rain we’ve had. Greens are in good shape they were redone, June 2020. Only complaint is needs better beverage cart service. Sometimes you see them every 3rd hole and sometimes not at all!

Commented on 06/13/2022

Hi, u9596368. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

College Station, Texas
Navasota, Texas
Hearne, Texas
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 3 rounds of golf on Horseshoe Bay's Apple Rock, Ram Rock, & Slick Rock Courses.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Come play where the pros play! Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC San Antonio (The Canyons & The Oaks Courses), site of the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at La Cantera Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at La Cantera Resort - Resort Course.
EL DORADO, AR | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Haywood El Dorado, Tapestry Collection by Hilton and 2 rounds of golf at Mystic Creek Golf Club.