View of hole #13 at Moody Gardens Golf Course

Moody Gardens Golf Course

Year Built 1976
Fairways Paspalum Grass
Greens Paspalum Grass
Architect Peter Jacobsen (2008) Jim Hardy (2008) Carlton Gipson (1989)

Credit Cards Accepted All credit cards accepted
Dress code Collared shirt & no denim.

Best grass in the business

Had the best front 9 of my life "37"
3 par 5 and 3 par 3 on the front nine

Good Course Good Value

Pretty much your only option when visiting Galveston. I’ve played here many times over the years and I’m never disappointed. Play got a little slow on my last visit but the marshal came out and got the slow groups moving.

Commented on 06/24/2022

Hi, u3444184. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course.

Commented on 06/13/2022

Hi, Whitney7810117. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Moody Gardens Golf Course.

Commented on 06/09/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Good Mood at Moody

The course plays long the greens and fairways were in good condition. The wind is a factor so make the necessary adjustments. Overall, I am an improving golfer 2.5 years of playing. I am playing better and this is a course I will play again.

Commented on 06/02/2022

Hello, jpollio. Thank you for visiting us at Moody Gardens Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

What a great day of golf.

All I can say is wow. The course was well kept and beautifully manicured. The facilities were top notch. The staff was friendly and helpful. Just came in for the weekend and decided to stop by and play a round. This was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend playing a round here.

Commented on 06/02/2022

Hello, u457185547. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the course. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Commented on 06/02/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u967780886! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Commented on 06/02/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314161175436! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Commented on 06/03/2022

Hi, bucksm. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Moody Gardens Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 06/03/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, uGJZA3215GJ. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Commented on 06/03/2022

Hi, nadrumm. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Great challenging layout but needs better attn to details

I play at Moody Gardens fairly frequently. The layout is very challenging with realistic tee boxes to suit a players skill. Water is in play on nearly every hole. OB is in play on several as well. I tell everyone “If you can play and score well here, you can play and score well anywhere.” The fairways are always in excellent condition with the exception of a few areas where grass has died due to salt water intrusion from drains or irrigation issues. Greens are fair to good. Unfortunately divots on some greens that are peppered from close range are not consistently repaired by golfers…much leas the staff. It really is a descent value for an island that attracts visitors who vacation in Galveston.
But, it is the attention to details that a regular is frustrated with. The sand bunkers are playable 3 months out of 12. Most often, there is no sand to play from. Interesting that this is an issue when other coastal courses don’t have this problem. Many of the tee boxes are divot filled and some have St. Augustine grass growing on them.
The range is large but generally not maintained. If anyone at any golf course has range balls in worse condition, I would like to know. $7 for 50-60 balls that I promise you are from the 80’s. I hit a RAM ball that was the color of creole mustard a few weeks ago. Hitting balls is only a warm up and you cannot hope to improve your game as the balls are cracked, have significant gashes in the covers to the point they can damage uuu ohr driver. They are colorful with varied shades of brown to pale yellow. And the golf mats. I hope you have good wrists. They are nothing more than astroturf over concrete. Zero padding whatsoever. The ferrules on my irons have shifter up the shaft as they would not open the range over the winter.
Despite all this, I STILL think this is a good value considering the location and condition of fairways and greens. This course is basically paying the price from record play and minimal investment over the last two years. Yes they have replaced many trees lost in the 2021 freeze. But golfers who call this their home course deserve more.

Commented on 06/03/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, CAM1234567! We appreciate your feedback and will take your comments into consideration. Thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course!

A very nice public course.

Fairways are plush. Greens very nice! A very challenging course, especially with the beach winds. Five tee positions to choose from. Highly recommend.

Just a great course.

Practice facilities are awesome. The course is in great condition. The greens are true.

I wish mgmt cared

Plenty of hi HC and tourists play here. There is no effort by mgmt/ marshalls to protect course….. carts are routinely driven near greens, divots are rarely sanded, ball marks on greens are never repaired…. Marshall presence is minimal and nothing is done to correct above poor ettiquette

Windy and Moody

Played Moody Gardens for the 2nd time in 2 years. Very windy but sunny day. Course was very challenging due to wind, water, and layout. It is a good course, especially if you're looking for a challenge. Price was a bit high for the condition of the course. The 1st time I played the course it was in excellent condition due to closure because of the pandemic. This time the course was in fair to good condition. Some greens had blight or fungal rot and some fairways were suboptimal due to amount of play and winter damage. Hopefully, as the spring progresses the fairways will grow-in and the greens will heal. I recommend waiting another month or two to play. Right now, the course is overpriced. Would I play it again? Definitely, but I would wait till May or June unless you're looking for a challenge right now.

Galveston, Texas
Texas City, Texas
Crystal Beach, Texas
Dickinson, Texas
Dickinson, Texas
Dickenson, Texas
Resort/Private
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Come play where the pros play! Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC San Antonio (The Canyons & The Oaks Courses), site of the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open.
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 3 rounds of golf on Horseshoe Bay's Apple Rock, Ram Rock, & Slick Rock Courses.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at La Cantera Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at La Cantera Resort - Resort Course.