View from the 5th tee at Lighthouse Country Club

Lighthouse Country Club

Year Built 1968
Fairways 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens Tifeagle Grass
Architect Leon Howard (2006) Jerry Slack (2006)

Clubs No

Amazing Food 11
Dinner 10

Average weather

Great Value

Lighthouse is a fun course. It is set a beautiful part of the Texas Hill Country with a Lake just a solid tee shot away. The greens and fairways were in great shape, especially for August in Texas. The cost was excellent.

Fairways

I've played this course numerous times and I continue to say "STOP cutting the fairways too short". You play the entire round on the dirt/ground. There is no grass beneath the ball. No need to have grass in fairways this short

Fun Day

Always an enjoyable time, nice layout, family friendly

Slow Pace

We had to stop after 13 holes because we were waiting on the tee boxes 15 minutes due to the course stacking tee times too close together and allowing 5 on the tee in front of us!

Commented on 01/08/2024

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, jonibed. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Lighthouse Country Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Perfect Day for golf!

Beautiful day on a beautiful course. Last day of 2023 and warm sunny and breezy. Was not too busy and as a solo golfer I was able to play with a wonderful father and daughter on the back nine. Always a warm and friendly staff and a challenging course. Recommend this course to everyone.

Commented on 01/04/2024

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, u903036327. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

Mucho Better

All regular greens back in use. 3-4 are still a bit rough but puttable. Rest are fair-good. Fairways etc. still in great shape. I’m recommending to our group that plays all over to put this course back in the “rotation.”
The young fella taking care of the carts was very friendly.

Commented on 01/04/2024

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, u847833676. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

Would play if close

Good course if you are close to. Not worth it to make a drive out there. Good value, fun layout and decent conditions, but not worth driving super far for.

Commented on 01/04/2024

Hi, u314162163819! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Lighthouse Country Club!

Commented on 12/05/2023

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit.

We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind.

Commented on 11/20/2023

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, LNesmith. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

Commented on 10/26/2023

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u000005558979. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

Commented on 10/26/2023

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Kilo71. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

i phoned to ask condition of greens and told they were good. i thought some of them were very poor especially around the edges of the greens. they were quite fast. i would not play again until greens are sorted out. delaware springs is nicer.

Commented on 10/19/2023

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for the conditions of the greens that you experienced. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration to improve our course.

A nice secret location and course

Course was in good condition save for a couple greens, however seems like the staff is working on many improvements.

Commented on 10/11/2023

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, EOKane. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

Commented on 10/09/2023

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, gteltow. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

Getting better and better

Course is in good shape and on its way to great shape. Just need to keep doing what they are doing and it will be a super nice course.

Commented on 09/26/2023

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, u314163600264. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

Commented on 09/11/2023

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, JLHERBST. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

Great Value, Excellent Layout

I love this course. Personally, I think it has the best layout in the whole Austin area, and the pro shop and starter are the nicest people you'll meet at a course. It's an excellent value for the price. Small range, but has alot of chipping areas. Although there are 6 temporary greens, the course is still very playable. For a hot, Texas summer, the conditions are still pretty darn good. I can't wait to play it again when those greens do heal.

Commented on 08/21/2023

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, OnePuttPete. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

summer in central texas

4 or 5 temporary greens. Several greens had missing grass. All the boxes and most fairways where good. But all courses are hurting on the greens right now. Of the greens that are not temp they were excellent.

Commented on 08/01/2023

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the temporary greens and missing grass on some of our greens. We appreciate your understanding, and we are glad to hear that you found our fairways and non-temporary greens to be excellent.

Fairways

Great course to play with several ponds, great pack saddle views and great fairways. Grenns are being worked on to get inline with the rest of the course.

Commented on 07/17/2023

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, u314164260624. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

Need to let people know if there are temporary greens

I like Lighthouse CC. I enjoy the course layout a lot and have a lot of fun playing there. The holes are interesting and while the conditions could be better, for the price, it's usually worth the drive.
Usually.
I was very disappointed when, after an hour and a half drive to the course, I discovered they had six greens closed due to weather damage from December.
I'm the first to admit I'm no turf grass specialist or course superintendent, but it's hard to believe you can't get grass to grow in Texas nearly 8 months after it died.
Setting that aside, why wouldn't you put that in your course description on GolfNow? Or put some sort of alert in the reservation system to let people know? (Yes, I have mentioned this to GolfNow, so I'm not only blaming the course.)
It was exceedingly frustrating to drive all the way out there only to discover a third of the greens were closed.
Beyond all that, the pace of play yesterday was atrocious. Where were the course marshals? My son and I walked the front nine and still had to wait on every tee shot and every approach for a two-some in a cart in front of us.
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure I'll be back since I'm moving even further away and driving two hours to discover I'm not playing the course as intended would be intolerable. It's a shame, though, because I genuinely do like the course.

Commented on 07/05/2023

Hi, PittsburghTodd,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting Lighthouse Country Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Kingsland, Texas
Resort/Private
Meadowlakes, Texas
Burnet, Texas
Llano, Texas
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 3 rounds of golf on Horseshoe Bay's Apple Rock, Ram Rock, & Slick Rock Courses.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Come play where the pros play! Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC San Antonio (The Canyons & The Oaks Courses), site of the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at La Cantera Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at La Cantera Resort - Resort Course.