The West Berkshire Golf Club

Carts Yes - GBP 20

Bar, Catering

Clubhouse, Lounge

Jubilee Golf!

Always enjoy playing at West Berks, weather was great, course was in fantastic condition and for a change...the Golf was fairly good. As it was a Bank Holiday and we were a two ball, the pace of play was a little slow around the 10th, 11th and 12th but it didn't spoil the round. Some of the Bunkers would benefit from having a little more sand, but overall we were happy with the layout.

Improving all the time

The course is improving all the time. Greens are significantly better, fairways also. Like so many courses the bunkers are not the best but overall well worth the money.

A good test

Played in lovely weather with a moderate northerly breeze. Arrived to a friendly pro who tried to get me out earlier but unfortunately no joy; ended up behind a club match of two balls but still took nearly 4 hours.

The course overall was in nice condition. Tee boxes aside, we’ll groomed but very penal even a few inches off the short stuff. Plays long off the white pots and a great test of your golf. Greens were true and fairly slow and too firm to take a ball. Links type approach was required on many holes.

Decent practice facilities, chipping, putting, nets and a iron practice area.

Be nice to play again.

Great value for money

Superb course, in really good condition. The layout is nice with most holes surrounded by fur trees, quite narrow and some challenge holes. The fairways and greens were in good condition. We paid £25 each but think it’s cheaper if there’s more of you, and for that you can’t complain, superb value for money. Didn’t use the clubhouse so can’t comment on that. Will be visiting again.

Great Value For Money!

Great course in fantastic condition. Superb value for money, friendly welcome and some good Golf played. Always enjoy this course...some tricky pin positions when we played but overall a fair test. Highly recommended.

Great value for money

Would have been 5 star across the board if only the tee boxes were in better condition!! Fairways great, greens amazing, bunkers were okay but had a lot of stones in them, but unfortunately tee boxes were a mess!! Will play there again as the course was amazing and great value for money!!

Really impressive course especially when I only paid £15. Greens and fairways in very good condition, some tighter fairways but parkland course so very few lost balls. A good length off the yellows and options to make much longer of whites/blacks. I’ll definitely be back.

Great Winter Golf

Best course conditions I’ve played this winter season. Greens were in great shape and course drains very well. This was all the more evident when at the end of our round my hedgehog trolley wheels were as clean as when we started. Highly recommend the course. Nice layout, with good mix of holes for all skill levels.

West berks

Course was in good condition greens were brilliant for this time of year ! And for £14 what a bargain

Course in Fabulous Condition

For the time of year, the course was in great condition compared to others in the area. The welcome in the Pro Shop was friendly and helpful, unlike in previous reviews of mine, so that was a pleasant surprise. The pace of play was fairly slow, with many four balls in front of us (we were a two) but nothing to really complain about. The round was hard going because we had to carry our clubs as advised on the website...however there were plenty of Trollies being used, so the info was not consistent. Always enjoy playing the course, it's a real test...especially from the back tees for those who are brave enough. We will return.

Much improved welcome!!

We arrived at the course about an hour before our scheduled Tee off time but, after a quick warm up on the practice ground, we were permitted to go early. I must say the welcome we received was in stark contrast to our two previous and the course was in great condition considering the weather we've had. The Golf wasn't up to much but it was still nice to be out on a fabulous, well maintained course. We will return!!

Great test.

Welcomed by a lovely lady in the pro shop. A good test of golf with some tricky approach shorts. The course was in great condition considering the time of year. The 18th is a great finishing hole. Considering the length it wasn't hard on the legs, would certainly play again if in the area.

The worst reception I have ever received at a Golf course

I am trying really hard to get my 10 year old son into Golf but experiences like he witnessed today make it really hard work. The reception we received in the pro shop after saying we had booked through Golfnow was absolutely shocking. It was as If we didn’t deserve to be playing and my son even asked what we had done wrong. The lady serving was condescending and rude beyond belief! Then to improve my mood even less a member of a group playing the second hole sauntered over to the first fairway and played my ball after a decent opening tee shot.

In the end we only played 5 holes because neither of us felt like playing any more. So many Golf Clubs are getting it right in regards to making the game more accessible but some are obviously still stuck in the dark ages!!

Donnington, West Berkshire
Reading, West Berkshire
Didcot, South Oxfordshire
Didcot, South Oxfordshire
Shrivenham, Vale of White Horse
LONDON, ENGLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Berystede Hotel in Ascot and 5 rounds of golf at Sunningdale New Course, Walton Heath, Sunningdale Old Course, St. Georges Hill, and Swinley Forest.
WALES | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Y-Branwen in Harlech and Coldra Court in Celtic Manor and 5 rounds of golf at Aberdovey, Royal St. Davids, Pennard, Royal Porthcawl, and Celtic Manor 2010.
NORTHERN IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Bayview Hotel in Bushmills and Burrendale Hotel in Newcastle and 5 rounds of golf at Portmarnock, Portstewart, Royal County Down, Ardglass, and Royal Portrush.
SOUTHPORT | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Vincent Hotel in Southport and 5 rounds of golf at Hillside, Royal Liverpool, Formby, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, and Royal Birkdale.
DUBLIN, IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Green Hotel in Dublin City and 5 rounds of golf at County Louth, The Island, Portmarnock, Royal Dublin, and K Club (Palmer North).