The 4th fairway and green at Cobblestone Golf Course

Cobblestone Golf Course

Year Built 1993
Greens Championship Bermuda Grass
Architect Finger Dye Spann (1993)

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2015 #6)

Wow, course keeps getting better and better

Oh my.. the course today was the best I’ve ever seen it. Green and lush, very well manicured and the greens? ... incredible

Best course around Atlanta

Unbelievable experience. My girlfriend and I played first time here. It was the best course so far around Atlanta. Well-maintained course, challenging layout, fast and true green, cushiony fairway, and friendly staff. It has everything. I will definitely play soon as possible. Thanks for maintaining this level.

Commented on 10/13/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cobblestone Golf Course.

Best Muni I've ever played!

Played 36 holes today, course is in great shape. Had a lot of rain so it was cart path only. Some areas had longer rough than others and I'm sure it was due to wet conditions. The greens were immaculate and quick. Rolling around 10's in the afternoon.

Met the superintendent and talked with him early in the morning prior to my first round. Very nice guy and helpful with some local knowledge. If you see Ashley roaming around the putting green, say hi and pick his brain.

All the staff were very nice. The pace of play was closer to 4:45 than the posted 4:20 but nobody playing seemed to care. It was a nice day on a beautiful course with some lakeside holes. Overall the course is very challenging while also being fair. Not a lot of crazy blind shots, what you see is what you get.

I will be back for sure.

Commented on 10/12/2021

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Golf Course.

Lots of potential to be a fantastic track, baffling flaws

This course has the skeleton to be the best public track in the Atlanta metro by a landslide. Lovely lakefront property, challenging layout, great variety among holes, true rolling putting surfaces. But there's flaws that made me very thankful that I didn't pay full price for the five hour round I played at Cobblestone today.

Your maintenance staff needs to get on the same page. If you're going to leave the grass so shaggy that half of the fairway shots become fliers and the rough can cover golf balls, maybe don't put the pins in tournament spots on a Saturday and roll the greens? I doubt even 10 percent of your traffic can actually play well in those conditions, while the vast majority are likely weekend warriors who already struggle to break 100. It's no wonder the round took so long- I was paired with brand new golfers, and we still had to wait on just about every full swing we took today.

There was an obvious regular waiting at the first tee for his time, and for some reason he felt the need to insult every member of my group as we teed off, even asking to see two of our handicap cards as we were playing the tips and saying he would "send us a flyover" if we played too slowly. Fortunately, we were two groups ahead of him, but if that's not the type of first impression you want to provide for your course, maybe your starter shouldn't be laughing at everything he says.

Your ranger also told me not to drive around in the rough while looking for my ball on the 14th hole. I would not have minded and happily obliged if this wasn't at the four hour mark into my round. No apology for the horrendous pace or anything or effort to address that, just very tone deaf.

I really want another crack at this course because it is just such a great track on paper, but that will be weighed heavily against the mediocre experience I had today. There's just too much high quality public golf around Atlanta to chance dealing with that again.

Commented on 09/27/2021

Hi, we would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Cobblestone Golf Course!

Great first impression!

Cobblestone is a gem; however, she is also a devil. This course is not for the hacker. Very penal rough and sand and water abounds. Nevertheless, I loved it! You have to appreciate a true work of art. Cobblestone, thankyou for a very enjoyable yet humbling round. I'll be back when my play is worthy of such a beast.

Commented on 09/27/2021

Hard to beat

A beautiful course throughout, especially by the lake.
Well designed with a few really tough greens to keep you focused. Friendly staff and no problems. Say no more.

Commented on 09/24/2021

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Cobblestone Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fun course, Looking to play again.

This is actually my second time playing this course. The first time was almost 12 years ago when I first started playing golf. I had no business on this course then. Now today a very different story.
This is a very fun and manageable course with some very real challenges. If you are new, move to the forward tees and have fun. If you want to test yourself then work back on the tees. The course demands accuracy. It was in very good shape considering the tons of rain that had fallen days before. The grounds staff and crew for this course maintain this gem wonderfully.
I am looking forward to playing her again.

Commented on 10/08/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Cobblestone Golf Course!

Great surprise.

First time playing here in years after I quit going due to past conditions. Place was beautiful and everything was in great shape.

Inside staff abd marshals were all super friendly. Would have like to see the beer girl more, though.

Commented on 09/21/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Cobblestone Golf Course!

Challenging

Round was tougher being cart path only due to rain previous days. Good mix of par types. Hard time if you don’t hit approach well scoring.

Commented on 09/03/2021

Hi, thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at Cobblestone Golf Course, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Sunday afternoon

Course is in best shape in years. Fully staffed with courteous starters and course monitors to watch pace of play. Water coolers on course and cart service. This course has always been nice as several holes run by the lake. Overall, a great experience.

Commented on 08/31/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Cobblestone Golf Course.

Commented on 08/30/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Golf Course!

Fun round

This course always provides a challenging but fun round. Never disappointed at Cobblestone

Commented on 08/30/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Cobblestone Golf Course thanks you!

Cobblestone

Beautiful course. Traps poorly maintained and course doesn’t drain well. A little muddy in spots

Commented on 08/30/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Cobblestone Golf Course thanks you!

Course conditions were OK considering all the rain we’ve had greens currently recovering from aeration and sanding.

Commented on 08/20/2021

Hello, Airkane. Thank you for visiting us at Cobblestone Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/16/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Todd! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cobblestone Golf Course!

Course was great despite aerated greens

The greens rolled really well despite being covered with sand.

Commented on 08/17/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cobblestone Golf Course!

No notice of sanding the greens…… Would not have played there if I had known this. Very disappointing, waste of time

Commented on 08/12/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave us your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced when booking your tee time. Our goal is to provide our golfers with all relevant information when booking their round online. We apologize if we missed the mark. Please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop for further resolution in this matter. We hope to hear from you soon, and thank you for choosing Cobblestone Golf Course!

Commented on 08/13/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cobblestone Golf Course.

Terrible details

I invited a friend to play that had never played there before. It was very disheartening to find they were only playing on the front 9, due to aeration. They said there was an alert when booking but I did not see it. There were others in the clubhouse that were complaining about this same problem. Looking over the reservation tee time details there was no mention of the aeration. I was very disappointed with the day and embarrassed that I brought a friend and payed for both of us to play on this day. You must do a better job informing golfers of the conditions!

Commented on 08/11/2021

Semi-Private/Resort
4.1949411765
Cartersville, Georgia
Marietta, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club Château, Woodlands, and Par 3 Courses.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses including full breakfast buffet daily and unlimited use of practice facilities.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Saddlebrook Resort and 1 round of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses with unlimited use of practice facilities.
BIRMINGHAM, AL | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at your choice of select Marriott properties in the Birmingham area and 2 rounds of golf at Highland Park Golf Course.