A view of a green protected by an elegant bunker at Mt. Prospect Golf Club.

Mt. Prospect Golf Club

Year Built 1929
Architect David Esler (2014)

Carts Yes - $14 - $19

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Fivesomes Allowed No. Only with permission.
Dress code Men must wear shirts with sleeves, no tank tops. Women may wear sleeveless golf shirts, but no bathing suit tops.

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Lockers

Amazing Food 15
Near the Airport 21

Commented on 05/23/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u553934790! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Mt Prospect Golf Club!

Great course pain in the but greens

Love this course. Course conditions were great. Rough was maintained fairways beautiful. Greens faster than the read and crazy undulations on all. Some tee boxes are pretty chewed up already. I’ll play this course again and again!

Commented on 05/23/2022

Hi, u314161897448. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Mt Prospect Golf Club.

Nice course - crazy greens

Nice layout. Very crowded - 2 foursomes and sometimes three on every hole. Finished round in 4 1/2 hours so not too bad. Greens are unbelievable crazy. Undulations and elevation changes of 10 feet is not uncommon. Expect four putts if you are not in the proper level of the green! I will come back but will pay much more attention to greens and pin placements. FYI GPS in cart is not working properly so bring your phone for accurate yardage.

Commented on 05/23/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, u000006298417. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Mt Prospect Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Great course with tough greens

Course is very nice and most greens are undulating with challenging pin placements. I will definitely play again!

Commented on 05/17/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, u000004866917. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Mt Prospect Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 05/17/2022

Hi, Jimbo64. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Mt Prospect Golf Club!

Commented on 05/12/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Mt Prospect Golf Club!

Illinois Advisor

Similar notes as my 6/17/21 play & review

Course receives an extreme amount of play and as I surmised in review right after the redesign the faiways are torn up with divots where balls end up frequently. FYI our group had 4 balls end up in unfilled middle of the fariway divots. I have a love/hate relationship with Mt. Prospect - green complexes are completely and ridiculously over the top/some green pads to are too small/many too big....and way too fast on the stimp for the casual player/weekend warrior. As an avid frequent player and several of my playing parters - we have come to the conclusion that the greens complexes are fun the first couple of times - but after those initial few plays it becomes a frustrating nightmare to prox a green to 20-25 feet and not be rewarded at all with a good look at birdie unless you're lucky enough to have a straight uphill putt (which is almost impossible on this course). There were several approach shots where I missed the greens on purpose to chip on to them just to get to an area where you can reasonably have a chance to for an uphill putt to attack the hole - getting up and down for par. Mt. Prospect is basically a premier chipping and putting examination. If your short stick is working you'll score very well - if not be prepared for multiple 3 putts and 4 putts. The difficulty navigating the greens also contributes to very slow play especially after the turn. Overall 3.5 stars. Downgrading on my list of places to play because of the divots and it's tiring to watch frustrated golfers in front of me taking forever just to putt out because of the difficulty of the green complexes. Get on the short side of a hole off the green it's next to impossible to get close....I had three shots were I had no choice but to attempt full swing Phil Mickelson wide open face wedge shots.....was lucky on two of them....and one not so. Recommend for at least couple of plays.... I definitely try to play Mt. Prospect at least once a season as it reminds me how a redesign can initially be very well received....but as time goes by there are just too many "mistakes" in the design - this course just isn't remotely playable for the average muni player. The course looks really beautiful but a lack of playability lurks with every shot. Great clubhouse with showers, food, halfway house and nice practice facility with a range usually off mats.

Commented on 05/18/2022

Hi, u314160636444. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Mt Prospect Golf Club!

Commented on 05/12/2022

Commented on 05/10/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Mt Prospect Golf Club!

Commented on 05/02/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating. We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Mt Prospect Golf Club!

The course was in such a bad condition… mud and water everywhere… yet they still opened the course…

Commented on 05/02/2022

We’re sorry to hear of your less-than-satisfactory experience and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you back after the weather improves!

Commented on 04/28/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Mt Prospect Golf Club.

Commented on 05/06/2022

Solid course, good price, great greens

The greens here steal the show. They're intricate and fascinating. Bring your best putter!

Commented on 12/14/2021

Wow, thanks so much for such a great review!

Great Day

Great day for golf. Round delayed due to frost, no biggie. You play in the Midwest its expected. Round delayed 30 min, got penalized for pace of play due to group ahead of us. Spent day waiting on group ahead of us. Will not deter me from playing this Greta course. Rangers have to see why groups are moving slow instead of assuming who the slow group is.

Commented on 12/14/2021

Thanks so much for leaving us a great 4 star rating!

Diabolical Greens

This was my 2nd time playing here. I remembered tricky greens but they were very tricky placements today. Many Greens are multi tiered so if you are on wrong part, good luck 2 putting. Pace of play was 3 hours 45 minutes so I was happy with that. They have great practice facilities and overall....a great experience. I recommend.

Commented on 12/14/2021

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a great rating and review!

Top Course in the NW Suburbs

I’ve played private courses that this course puts to shame. Great value and great place. Restaurant and pro shop are great, the people rock, all around awesome.

Commented on 12/14/2021

Wow! What a compliment, thanks so much! We hope to welcome you back again soon.

FUN ROUND

Pretty course, holes are not terribly challenging but greens are undulating so you pay there!

Commented on 12/14/2021

Thanks so much for your great rating and review!

Mount Prospect, Illinois
Wood Dale, Illinois
Northbrook, Illinois
Schaumburg, Illinois
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn at Woodlake and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River or Meadow Valleys Course) and Whistling Straits (Straits or Irish Course)
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn on Woodlake and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River & Meadow Valley Courses) and Whistling Straits (Straits & Irish Courses).