A sunny day view of a hole at Palatine Hills Golf Course.

Palatine Hills Golf Course

Year Built 1968
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Larry Packard (1968) Bob Lohmann

Carts Yes - $16 - $20

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Master Card, Discover
Dress code Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.

Locker Rooms

Hello SureHands,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

My Country Club - Great course, great staff

I have been a Palatine Hills fan for several years. I play there every Wednesday in two leagues, one 18 holes and one 9 holes. Pro shop, starters, drink cart, food in the clubhouse, rangers -- all want to ensure you have a wonderful and fun time. In the summer when it is so hot, they have water at several tees (permanent ones and well as adding other jugs) and Player assistants who come by to check on you and also give you ice water. There is some trouble with water drainage of the last few holes, but they do the best to maintain and make it as easy to continue play. I love the fact that they have Couples outings in the summer - to play with hubby and friends. I also threw myself a significant birthday party last year, we had so much fun, with several tee times and dinner (adding non-golfers) to the mix. Finally, I love the short game practice area and if you need to work on it, you definitely need the season pass. I go there a few times a week. The food is wonderful and it's nice to sit outside and have dinners and a few cocktails and talk about our great (and not so great) shotsl

While I am not a golf aficionado, I find the course challenging - trees, bunker (yuck), the rough and pin placements. But I always have a wonderful time when I play in the leagues or with friends or family. I feel like this is my personal private club.

If you play there often, like I do, you should ask about the Players Club and Golf Discount Program. They will help save you some $$

Commented on 05/16/2022

Hi, qfbZFjTr95mypi4nCjiq. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Palatine Hills Golf Course.

Commented on 05/13/2022

Hi, Larry7514179. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Palatine Hills Golf Course!

Too wet

PHS was soaked, they demanded cart party only but still took full fees. Could only play 12 holes due to wet conditions. Course should put cart path only on GolfNow so buyers know.

Commented on 05/03/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback of your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the course with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop. We hope to hear from you soon!

Windy Golf

My wife and I were visiting our son in Chicago for Easter and we wanted to play a round of golf. Like the title says' it was cold and windy. However, the course was in good shape. The pace of play was a little slow, It took my threesome five hours to play 18. The reason was we were behind a company outing so we couldn't play through. The greens looked very good, the speed was good not too fast or too slow. Not many straight flat puts. The fairways were green and well groomed. The bunkers were in great shape. The staff was friendly and helpful. We did not eat or drink at the restaurant. It looked to have had a well stocked bar. Great place to warm up before your tee time. If in the Chicago are add this course to you play list.

Commented on 04/20/2022

Hello, Ajwhite60. Thank you for visiting us at Palatine Hills Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 04/14/2022

Hello RG488B622786BB7E4425,

Great all the way around!

Played on a spectacular March Day
I found out that the Greens are covered for the winter.
What a difference that makes. Every course should follow this practice. Greens were in fantastic shape. Course was a little soft but my shoes stayed fairly clean.
Staff here is always warm and welcoming.
Great afternoon to sit on the deck and enjoy the 19th hole.
This is one of my favorite courses. A good challenge that provides you opportunity to score.

Commented on 03/25/2022

Waste of money

Not worth $48 greeens fees and $20 ea for cart. Ripoff..slow play, no ranger, rough around greens too long and lots of bare ground. Not coming back….

Hi, Joe9241760,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting Palatine Hills Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Bring back birthday golf freebie!!!

My group regularly plays here. It’s nicely maintained but after heavy rainfall, it takes its toll on holes 15 to 18 which turn muddy & swampy. We hope you bring back a free green fee during our birthday month. It’s a nice way to celebrate with golfing friends!

Commented on 01/14/2022

Nice local track !

Well maintained…challenging layout …friendly staff .

Commented on 11/15/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Palatine Hills Golf Course thanks you!

Commented on 11/15/2021

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Palatine Hills Golf Course.

Commented on 11/08/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Palatine Hills Golf Course.

Commented on 10/29/2021

Hello,

Commented on 10/22/2021

Really good course. Could be better!

Course is maintained very well! But...
- There are too many trees on some holes. Potentially beautiful vistas are obstructed.
- Pace of play can get glacial on weekdays.
- Website needs fixing. Scorecard page, photos and T-time reservation service need improvement.

Commented on 01/19/2022

Commented on 10/04/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please let us know how we can earn that last star! Thanks for choosing Palatine Hills Golf Course!

A Hidden Gem!

Palatine Hills is deceiving! It looks like it is not tough, but the designers must have had evil in their hearts! The greens are true, but challenging. The fairways are well kept.
The best part of the course are the skills and friendliness of the staff. From the pros all the way to the people who work in the kitchen (a great place to have a great meal!)
One of the best features is the practice area where there are three holes you can work on your short game! No other course around has this type of practice area!

Windy

Windy day. Greens were tined.(spiked) putted ok. 9 & 18 require perfect drives.

Commented on 09/16/2021

Hello. Thank you for visiting us at Palatine Hills Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 09/13/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Palatine Hills Golf Course!

Palatine, Illinois
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Barrington, Illinois
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Lake Zurich, Illinois
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn at Woodlake and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River or Meadow Valleys Course) and Whistling Straits (Straits or Irish Course)
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn on Woodlake and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River & Meadow Valley Courses) and Whistling Straits (Straits & Irish Courses).