Connemara Golf Course

Year Built 1992
Architect Jack Ridge

Thick Rough 21

Some guy steals my ball one hole that green side par five puts in pocket I watch him go up ask him where my ball says in his pocket claims he lost ball few holes back that I picked his ball up which I never did continue put on tee getting ready hit my ball. I bring he continue cuss me over a ball which isn't his 5 min. 4 holes later grabs my ball again takes off next off screaming I got my ball back. What a jerl.which knew name put on blast what a jerk

Commented on 09/23/2022

Hello and thank you for your rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Connemara Golf Course!

Great course when played at the right time

This is a great course, always very well maintained. Reason for a 4 star instead of 5 star is pace of play. DO NOT play when they have a full tee sheet. 8 minutes between tee times is ridiculous. Played behind a 5-some as a single the whole day, wouldn't have went anywhere if they let me play through though as there were 3-4 slow groups ahead of them. Like I said though, probably the best course around for the money, just be aware of when you are playing.

Commented on 09/19/2022

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Commented on 09/23/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Connemara Golf Course!

Commented on 09/13/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Connemara Golf Course!

Good value

I assume we had the twilight rate. Course was in good shape. The pace of play on the back was awful. It seemed a large group just jumped on the course and had 3-4 groups waiting on a hole. No ranger was present until it was time to turn carts in. Overall good value for what we paid.

Commented on 09/06/2022

Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Connemara Golf Course. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Did not allowed me to play

Connemara Golf Course
Thursday, September 1, 2022. Did not allow me to play. No reason given to vanish me from this such course...

Commented on 08/15/2022

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Connemara Golf Course.

Course is Maintained Well in Spite of Rude Golfers

There were many divots on the fairways. People just don’t take the time to repair them nor the marks on the greens. I also heard that some golfers drive their carts into high rough thereby causing problems for the carts. How does a golf course deal with rudeness?

Commented on 08/08/2022

Thank you for visiting us at Connemara Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/29/2022

Commented on 07/29/2022

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit.

We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind.

Close to perfect, other than a geese infestation

The only reason this course doesn’t get 5* for conditions is because of the absurd amount of geese. They’ve taken up residence on/near at least 3 greens. Putting was next to impossible on 2 of the green because of all the poop.

The maintenance of this course has gotten so much better over the past few years. It was never bad, but it’s in the best shape of any of the public courses in the area now.

Commented on 07/12/2022

Hi, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at Connemara Golf Course, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Happy Ending

The only reason this coarse didn't get all 5s is because I want them to keep up the good work. If you say HI to someone, they say Hi back. Unlike other courses in The Lexington area, This course does it really good.

Commented on 07/12/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Connemara Golf Course!

Commented on 07/07/2022

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Connemara Golf Course!

Love this course

I definitely prefer the links style of course. Connemara is usually pretty fun and the only negative of the round was pace of play. For 18, it took 2 of us just over 4 hours to play which isn’t horrible but the heat definitely didn’t make it seem like a quick round. Will be playing there much more.

Commented on 07/06/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Connemara Golf Course thanks you!

Great Time

Hands down one of the best courses I have played for the value. Challenging yet beautiful course to play. Can’t wait to play again

3.9120176471
Richmond, Kentucky
Lexington, Kentucky
WHEELING | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at Oglebay Resort’s Wilson Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Oglebay Resort – Palmer & Jones Courses.
FLORENCE, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at The Shoals Golf Club - Schoolmaster & Fighting Joe Courses.