A view of the clubhouse at Medalist Golf Club

Year Built 1996
Architect Bill Newcomb

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Practice Hole No

Poor course conditions and drainage pipes laying around every single green

Poor course conditions and drainage pipes laying around every single green. There were drainage pipes and drainage ditches dug around every single green on the course this was not mentioned to me whatsoever. As an avid golfer and someone who takes the sport seriously it was irritating to have multiple shots affected by the poor conditions of the greens and the pipes laying all over the place. I will not be back. I understand making course improvements but they should be relayed to your golfers or reflected in the price

Commented on 05/14/2022

zallen55, The Medalist hasn't done any drainage projects in many years. Are you sure you are reviewing the correct facility? If so please contact our owner Lowell Weaver to discuss your concerns and he will make sure you are made whole for your efforts. We strive to make sure everyone has a great experience at our facility. Thank you.

Spring for

Conditions were pretty good for this early in the year. Staff andd fellow golfers were friendly. Nice track for the money!

Commented on 05/13/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. We are glad you enjoyed your time at The Medalist and hope to see you again soon.

Course Conditions (Greens)

Given the greens still have signs of aerating, the ball would not roll. But they were still charging sub~premium money to play. Should be charging less until the course conditions match the money charged.

Commented on 05/13/2022

Thank you for taking the time to rate The Medalist and we are sorry that our conditions didn't meet your expectations. We hope the next time we exceed your expectations and if not please reach out to our owner and we will definitely make it right for you.

Commented on 05/13/2022

Thank you for reviewing our facility and we are glad you enjoyed your time at The Medalist. We hope to see you again soon.

Great course conditions, layout, character, price!!

This year has been a fantastic year golfing going into semi retirement and with 88 rounds since March this Medalists is certainly GOLD. Great layout, conditions, character, challenging, and super greens roll true. Scored $43.59 for 2 on TeeOff, what a bargain! Even $29 medalists websites is a deal for this quality.
Only negatives, don’t like GPS with advertising, and a small crowded pro shop downstairs. Yea between great conditions, swamp carries, and plenty of challenges ( 144 slope from tips!!) this is a must play.
The ownerLowell W was on hands on. My buddy moved to Jackson area so I’m sure we will meet up here. Drove almost 2 hours to get here and was not disappointed.
Good turkey dinner just down road
Thanks Lowell for a great well run course experience with wife and buddy on a nice Saturday 11/6/21!

Commented on 05/14/2022

Thank you very much for your great review. We love it when our customers have a great time. We hope to see you again soon, and after such a great review you have our blessing to take an extra mulligan!

Mr. White

Second time playing the Medalist. Great course condition for frostbite pricing!! $28 can't beat it! Love the challenge.
Plan on losing a few balls.

Commented on 05/14/2022

Thank you for choosing The Medalist to play this time of you and we are glad you enjoyed the course. We agree if you make it around without losing a ball your had a great accomplishment.

Good course but hard for beginner

Generally good course. Nice course condition. But, it could be hard for beginners. And, the staff at the pros hope was okay, you know...

Beautiful course

Beautiful course. Very well maintained. No starter on first hole and no ranger anywhere. A group of 4 jumped in front of us (twosome) on 10 which slowed us down significantly. We weren't in a hurry, but someone to manage things like these on the course would be beneficial to all.

Commented on 05/14/2022

We are very sorry that a rude 4some jumped in front of you. If that ever happens again please hit the ranger button on our GPS unit and we will immediately be out to rectify the situation. We do appreciate that you seemed to take it in stride and still enjoyed your day though. Thank you for your review.

Amazing course, but…

I love this course. The layout, atmosphere, conditions, staff, driving range, carts, all top-notch. There’s really nothing else to be said about how amazing this course is.

BUT.

The leagues have taken over this place. I literally can’t find a day of the week where, as a public player, I have a good time here. And I hate writing a negative review of this wonderful course, but holy smokes I paid full price today to be stuck behind 6-straight foursomes of ladies who literally couldn’t hit a golf ball. I played 9 holes in 3 hours, and found 45 golf balls in the forest while I waited. There has to be some room at this course for people who aren’t in a league.

Commented on 08/20/2021

First of all we appreciate that you love our facility and understand how getting stuck behind leagues can sometimes be frustrating. We do have leagues on Tuesday and Thursday but the other days are open for players just like yourself. Again, thank you for liking our facility and we hope to see you many times more, after the leagues or not.

Commented on 08/20/2021

Thank you for taking the time to rate The Medalist. We are glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you again soon.

Good Layout - Great Condition

The Medalist is a good test but fair. Course conditions were great and the service was good.

Commented on 08/20/2021

Thank you for your kind comments and we are glad you enjoy The Medalist. We hope to see you again soon.

Great 18

Course was amazing per usual. Manager or whatever guy working was very rude. Claimed we were late for our tee time and it was an error between their system and golf now’s scheduling. We were 10 minutes early just an FYI. No apologies. Great round though!

Commented on 08/20/2021

Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed the facility. We apologize for any issues we had with the online booking engine and any miscommunication that it caused and especially if one of our associates was rude in any way. We pride ourselves on our customer service and will use your review in our training in the future. We hope to see you again soon.

Gorgeous

Perfect greens. Great fairways, bunkers. Very challenging but not ridiculous.

Commented on 06/27/2021

Thank you hraupp08 for reviewing The Medalist and we are glad you enjoyed our facility. Please come back and see us again soon.

Beautiful course, seemed crowded with leagues each time I’ve been. Witnessed inappropriate behavior between female staff and members of the mens league on a Tuesday evening, and heard very vulgar things being said at the clubhouse amongst the same group with the staff. Distracting and unprofessional and overshadowed the great round of golf. It was disappointing and substandard for such a beautiful course. Will give it another shot this year, hoping for a better experience.

Commented on 05/13/2022

NancyUP, Please reach out to our owner Lowell Weaver regarding your experience. We have spoken to our entire staff and the entire men's league and haven't been able to verify any misbehaving. If you can help us figure out the culprits they will not be allowed to return to our league, and the staff will be relieved of their duties. We pride ourselves on our atmosphere and will strive to make sure we keep that atmosphere where everyone feels welcome and safe. Thank you.

beautiful course

the course was perfect. well maintained and just enough of a challenge. my one complaint was we were a two-some stuck behind 2 foursomes and a pair of seniors that had been behind us all day cut us off on a hole and jumped in front. not sure what they're rush was because they never got ahead of the same group we had been waiting on. obviously this isn't the courses fault they were great. I will be back.

Commented on 06/27/2021

Jharris2314 thank you for reviewing our facility and we are glad you enjoyed The Medalist. We are sorry someone jumped in front of you and hopefully they made a lot of bogeys as karma. We hope to see you again soon.

Marshall, Michigan
Albion, Michigan
Albion, Michigan
Marshall, Michigan
Battle Creek, Michigan
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn at Woodlake and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River or Meadow Valleys Course) and Whistling Straits (Straits or Irish Course)
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn on Woodlake and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River & Meadow Valley Courses) and Whistling Straits (Straits & Irish Courses).
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.