The Golf Club at Middle Bay is located on Long Island's south shore overlooking the barrier islands of Jones Beach, Point Lookout, and Lido Beach. Nearly every hole looks out across water. Though the golf course is just an hour outside of New York City, you'll feel as though you've been whisked off to an out-of-town resort. The layout has a challenging design that will test your accuracy with tree-lined fairways and strategically placed bunkers. Wind will also be a factor on this golf course. The Golf Club at Middle Bay is a tough but fair layout that players of all skill levels will enjoy. In addition to the golf course, there is also a driving range available.

The Golf Club at Middle Bay

Year Built 1955
Architect Alfred H. Tull (1955) Kipp Schulties (2007)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code No jeans, t-shirts, gym shorts, cargo shorts or sweatpants

Catering, Restaurant

green is good condition and little fast.

fgreen is good condition and little fast than others. but, players so slow and many delayed. fairway need some repair somw area. generally and totally above standard level of golf couse.

A Challenging golf course

Middle Bay is a difficult but enjoyable golf course. I teed off late in the afternoon and realized that getting in 18 holes was not going to happen. The conditions were outstanding, Unfortunately the location is on Reynolds Channel and between the geese and sea gulls there are problems that can't be avoided. Also in the afternoon walking is common so pace of play is an issue, I didn't play a full round because when I made the turn as a single in a cart I found a 4some on the tenth tee waiting to hit and another 4 some on 11 and 12. I was able to start my back on 13 and that worked out well. It was very windy but a fun late afternoon of golf.

Commented on 05/11/2022

Hello, thank you for visiting us at The Golf Club at Middle Bay. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Pretty long course… unless your straight , lots of trouble … lots of sand and water

Commented on 05/13/2022

Almost perfect

The course conditions especially fairways and greens are in excellent shape. THe one complaint I have is the sand traps are very inconsistent. A number of them, maybe 30%, are washed out and lacking sand making play from them almost impossible. .

I expect more from a course at this price point. And don't see this on courses in the same price range. If they don't fix the traps they should drop the cost.

Commented on 05/03/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. The Golf Club at Middle Bay thanks you!

Commented on 05/03/2022

Hello! We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at The Golf Club at Middle Bay!

Great day

Beautiful course. Strictly for good golfers. Lightning quick greens. DO NOT go past the hole. And be aware of the false fronts.

Commented on 05/03/2022

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Middle Bay.

Windy Day in Scotlandside!

The wind was nuts. We got the windy Scotland experience in Oceanside. The greens were in great shape running fast and holding shots. Love this course.

Commented on 05/03/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at The Golf Club at Middle Bay.

Commented on 04/29/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at The Golf Club at Middle Bay!

Great Condition!!!!

The condition of the greens and fairway are the best I’ve played this year!!!
Rolls true and fast!!! Just beautiful!!!
Hope the greens are as good when I come back next month.

Harder than it looks

Do you want a challenge? Try this course. You first look and especially the first hole you say "This will be a cakewalk". Just wait. It is sneaky long and sneaky hard but very fair. No hidden obstacles. No trees in the middle of the fairway. Just a good old golf course. Did I mention the views? Stand on the tee box to #11 and tell me that is not a perfect picture. The water, the boats, the birds.
Enjoy your experience.

Commented on 05/03/2022

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Middle Bay.

Fun links type course

Great front 9 more links like than back 9. Challenging with some good water holes.
Good pace and fun challenging course

Commented on 05/03/2022

Hello! Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at The Golf Club at Middle Bay. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 04/29/2022

Hello, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Great Short Course

Great short course - 6100 from the green tees. Holes are close together which is nice because it’s easy to find your ball if it’s not in the fairway. The par 5s don’t always require a driver and it’s great for any skill level.

Commented on 04/20/2022

Very windy

First time playing middle bay and I was immediately impressed with the staff who come to the drop off area take you’re bags and carry you with a cart to the Proshop.
The course was very windy but I loved the challenge. Either going up or down 2 clubs for the wind.
It’s a fun challenging course with great views of the bay.

Commented on 04/19/2022

N Y N J Advisor

A good course with nice waterside holes

This is a better than average course. I reviewed once with 4 stars and now 3 which is about right (3-1/2 stars). It has good variety on length of holes, nice fairway movement and doglegs on a number of holes, and some really nice water holes. What holds it back is just ok conditions, flat land for the entire course, not a lot of contour to the greens, and a handful of unmemorable holes. But it is a nice step-up from your average muni.

Commented on 04/20/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Middle Bay!

Windy, and too early in the season

The day I went the winds were blowing at around 25/30mph, which makes Middle Bay very difficult. In addition, the course needs another month or so for the grass to grow out. The fairways were ok, but right off the fairway there was virtually no grass. The greens were in good shape, as were the bunkers. Pace of play was a little slow.

Hi,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting The Golf Club at Middle Bay. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 05/03/2022

Hello! We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at The Golf Club at Middle Bay!

Course was in great condition for early season. Four hour, ten minute round is always good.

East Rockaway, New York
Hempstead, New York
Lawrence, New York
North Woodmere, New York
Wantagh, New York
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Seaview, A Dolce Hotel and 2 rounds of golf at Seaview Golf Club - Bay & Pines Courses.