UNC Finley Golf Course in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA | GolfPass
A view of a fairway at UNC Finley Golf Course.

UNC Finley Golf Club

Year Built 1949
Architect Tom Fazio (1999) George Cobb (1949) Tom Marzolf (1999)

Carts Yes - $22

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Welcomed

On a College Campus 48

Commented on 08/11/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314163197637! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course!

Commented on 08/10/2022

Hi, u135662828. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing UNC Finley Golf Course.

Commented on 08/10/2022

Hi, u314163176008. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at UNC Finley Golf Course!

Good course

Course was in great shape. Challenging, but playable, even for a newbie like me trying to get back into the game. Only thing was my cart wasn’t in great shape. Struggled on hilly areas on cart path and my front right tire exploded on the back 9. Didn’t even get to finish my play.

Commented on 08/01/2022

Thank you for your review, u314163168798. We will pass along your experience and feedback to our team at UNC Finley Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Pretty Course!

Great course, well maintained and in great shape! Played on a Friday morning and didn't have to wait once to tee off or play! No lines, no waiting. Compared to NCSU (played the previous day) the biggest difference was the cart - UNC carts did not have GPS. We were a little disappointed that the snack bar stopped serving hot food at 2pm (we were dying for a hamburger!) and that even though the locker room had showers there were no towels available (5 hour drive home - would have liked to shower first). I know, 1st world problems. All in all a great course and will hopefully get to play again when in the area.

Commented on 08/01/2022

Thank you for your review, u000003823799. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at UNC Finley Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Well maintained

I am new to the Triangle area and this course is my favorite so far. There is a good variety of holes and lots of tee box choices. The sand traps are the best I have ever experienced -- too bad I hit so many of them! It is more expensive than other local courses but the difference in quality justifies the price.

Commented on 07/29/2022

Hi, u000705557. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course.

Beautifully manicured

Was really impressed with the appearance and beauty of the UNC Finley course. Had just played the Duke Course the day prior and you can't compare the 2. UNC was far superior, from the tee boxes to the greens. The layout was challenging as well. Fairways were ample, but the first cut was not extensive and if you were wayward of that, you were in trouble in terms of finding your ball as the vegetation was low to the ground and thick. I played form the blues (whites) which made the course play somewhat short. but given the fairways were watered and the greens were slow, it played longer then the book yardage. Overall, it was very enjoyable and would highly recommend for anyone in the area in search of an enjoyable yet challenging round of golf.

Commented on 07/28/2022

Hi, u2813311. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course.

Commented on 08/04/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, oTdXzB08NDrZaxF2R3uD! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course!

Finley UNC course

Great course, very challenging. Very thick rough and the sand traps will make you have to put together some impressive shots to get out. Will definitely return.

Commented on 07/27/2022

Hello, TannerJ. Thank you for visiting us at UNC Finley Golf Course. We appreciate your 5-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Nice college course

Rare public Fazio course. Expensive for a college course. Overall conditioning was good. Good pace of play. Greens very slow (bent grass) due to summer heat. Layout is interesting with some very good holes and one stinker (#10). Course is about to undergo a major renovation in October.

Commented on 07/11/2022

Hello, u875327802. Thank you for visiting us at UNC Finley Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/11/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u8003850! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course!

Commented on 07/07/2022

Hi, harrisonputman. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing UNC Finley Golf Course.

Solid course if you get a good deal

Played here a few days ago and it was the first time on the course. Overall it is a beautiful course with a somewhat challenging layout. It’s pretty short playing from the Whites or Blues and the greens were unbelievably slow for this time of year. The clubhouse grill was closed which was about the only negative thing along with limited “cart” options on course. I got a great deal on GolfNow which is why I played but I’m not sure if I would spend more than $85 to play this one again. They maintain the course pretty well but compared to other university courses this one is a little further down the list in NC but still a good play when you can find a deal.

Commented on 07/08/2022

Thank you for your review, cochran87. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at UNC Finley Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/12/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u000008112452. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course!

Commented on 07/06/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, haym23! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course!

Commented on 07/05/2022

Commented on 07/11/2022

Hi, u2023600. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at UNC Finley Golf Course!

Commented on 06/30/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314162963092! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course!

Commented on 07/08/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314162922153! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course!

great golf experience

I hosted 3 high handicappers and we played best ball. Everyone enjoyed their outing.

Commented on 06/29/2022

Hi, u000006308800. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course.

Durham, North Carolina
HOT SPRINGS | Experience the ultimate Buddy Golf Captains getaway at the iconic Omni Homestead Resort, September 30 - October 2.
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.