Type Private
Pine Ridge Golf Club

Year Built 1957
Architect Sid Milligan

Clubs No

Dress code Golfers are required to wear proper golf attire at all times while on the course!

Bar

Bad

This place really wants to be members only course. The staff and members treat the public like garbage. Apparently a 4 hour round is too slow. You'll get hit into even before clearing the greens without even a whisper of "fore." We played here once and will be our last. The course is tight and on many holes you're hitting into other fairways and groups. We had a group of members hit into us on two separate occasions plus another two occasions by another group. They were trying to instigate a fight because they thought we were playing slow. The reality is the marshal said our pace was good and that the members were just anxious. We never received a warning for slow play. When we reacted after getting hit into, we were threatened to fight by the group of members. And when we complained to the Marshall they blew us off saying they're members and the heat makes people anxious . We had to all be separated in the parking lot. Not a good look for the course snd members. I've never experienced such hostility while golfing. Again, from "members". Just low class. We won't be returning. They can keep their wannabe "members" course in the country.

Public beware

This place really wants to be members only course. The staff and members treat the public like garbage. Apparently a 4 hour round is too slow. You’ll get hit into even before clearing the greens without even a whisper of “fore.” We played here once and will be our last. The course is tight and on many holes you’re hitting into other fairways and groups. We had a group of members hit into us on two separate occasions. They were trying to instigate a fight because they thought we were playing slow. The reality is the marshal said our pace was good and that the members were just anxious. We never received a warning for slow play. When we reacted after getting hit into we were threaten to fight. And when we complained to the Marshall they blew us off saying they’re members and the heat makes people anxious . We had to all be separated in the parking lot. Not a good look for the course snd members. I’ve never experienced such hostility while golfing. Again, from “members”. Just low class. We won’t be returning. They can keep their wannabe “members” course in the country to themselves.

They charge me for the car, and I paid on line for that

Stupid Covid

Very beautiful course, great views from the front nine. Back nine is nice just not as challenging. Understaffed and you want to have a morning tee. Afternoon play is very slow... place your shots well and you can shoot low.

Good value for under$40.

Interesting front nine. Hilly on front but walkable. Back is typical country club. Flat but narrow, lots of OB if you slice. We enjoyed it with nice deck to eat on after.

Good place to play, fair rates

I play PR regularly. Price is always fair and they work hard on the course. Would like, to see a marshal, can’t say I every have. Would help with pace of play and weird stuff. Dogs on course, people with Bluetooth speakers, BYOB, etc.

First time visit

First time visit to Pine Ridge Golf for each of the three in our group. The staff were friendly and helpful, provided yardage book at no cost to assist with plotting the way around the course.

The course was in good shape, from fairways and first cut to the rough. Bunkers were in good shape, only found one during play. The greens were in good shape, with predictable and consistent speed. Enjoyable course configuration that was challenging on some holes as it required you do think more and prioritize your second shot over your tee shot.

Golf carts were solid, with new windscreens and good bag canopies. We had the men’s club starting about 20 minutes behind us, and the pace ahead was good. We were never waiting on the group ahead and never slowing the group behind us. Solid pace of play.

The front and back nine play quite differently, as the front nine has quite a bit of elevation change - while the back nine was relatively flat, yet both offered unique challenges in contrast.

Will definitely come back for another round, thanks Pine Ridge staff - you’ve done well!

Now Called Pine Ridge / Open To Public

This course is the former Springfield private club that is now open to the public and called Pine Ridge. Played on a somewhat wet day but the greens and fairways seemed to handle the precip. Staff were very friendly in getting a rental push cart and also inviting us to join their Sunday morning men's club group, seems to be a nice core of regulars who play every Sunday and Wednesday, very personable and providing course local knowledge. Lots of elevated greens requiring at least one extra club / 10-15 yards adding to your formula. The yardage book was free which is usually a $5 or more charge at most clubs. I will play here again when visiting Eugene-Springfield for sure. Somewhat hilly to walk but just a good workout, not extreme.

Crowded

I've played this course several times in the last couple years. This spring, I've tried to play it three times and only got on once. The other two times, they were so beyond backed up and/or were trying to pair unrelated households, that I asked for a refund on prepaid times and went elsewhere. Staff was stressed and somewhat rude about the whole thing.

It's a nice course, well-kept with a fun layout, but they could do a lot better on managing their own workloads. If you are complaining that you can't get people off the tee in an orderly fashion, it's your fault, not your customers.

Had a great time

We had a foursome and we all came from around the Salem area. We enjoyed the course and time playing. Staff was friendly along with everyone else there playing a round of golf.

Name change to Pine Ridge

This was the old Springfield CC, now called Pine Ridge. Really a nice layout and the greens rolled great!

It is a very walkable course, short walks between holes. #3 is probably the most memorable hole from the back tees, dramatic downhill shot.

Nice staff and course, if in the area play it!

Nice course. The greens were a little rough but still playable.
I really enjoy the front nine, especially number eight.

Worst EVER!

Terrible greens, rock hard fairways. Actually the worst course I , or my wife, have ever played. When in the Eugene area, find another course.

Walterville, Oregon
Junction City, Oregon
Creswell, Oregon
Semi-Private/Resort
Monroe, Oregon
BEND, OR | Enjoy 1 nights’ accommodation at the Huntington Lodge and 2 rounds of golf on the Jack Nicklaus Signature Course.
SENECA, OR | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Silvies Valley Ranch, unlimited golf with cart and range balls, meals, and more.
DUPONT, WA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma DuPont and 2 rounds of golf at Chambers Bay Golf Club.