Formerly known as Macatawa Legends Golf and Country Club.

Macatawa Golf Club

Year Built 2005
Architect Ray Hearn (2005)

Dress code All players are required to wear a collared shirt. Denim is not permitted.

Clubhouse, Lounge, Banquet Facilities

Fitness, Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Course Conditions in the U.S. (2018 #7) (2015 #18)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Michigan (2018 #8) (2015 #1)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2015 #9)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2015 #23)
  • Golf Advisor: Golfers' Choice (2015 #18) (2014 #20)

Dinner 8
Entertaining Clients 16

golf is great course is all you can ask for :howevver
bein g a super senior (80+) a set of tees between the gold and red are needed are to truly enjoy .

since it was senior day we were provided with a free but limited menu .which was adequate.
however the servuce was subpar all in all a great day of golf and of great value

Mac Legends

Good test of golf. Good design with land available. ''Tis flat, but can be challenging.

Great place to golf!

Booked the course on a hot deal from golf now. The course was as I remembered, challenging and in great condition. The only criticism I have is that the entire course was aerated. They had removed all the plugs though so I really shouldn't complain.

Commented on 05/16/2017

Thanks for the 5-star review thesegamesrule1! Aeration is part of the way we can keep things in the great condition you remembered. Very happy you still had a 5-star experience. See you again soon when you are back in the area.

Legends first timer

The course was everything I wanted. The course was beautiful and in awesome condition. It was challenging but fair. I will play this course again in a heartbeat.

Commented on 05/16/2017

Thanks for the 5-star review Radcountry! Great to hear the course delivered on your expectation. Your review is very helpful to keep us motivated on providing the best conditions. Hope to see you again sometime soon.

Excellent course

Alrhough the weather wasn't the best, the course was in great condition. I would like to play again.

Commented on 05/16/2017

Thanks for the 5-star review Ronald4180415! While we'd love to be able to control the weather we are happy you still had an excellent time at the club. We'd love to have you back again soon.

A Challenging course. Fun layout. Makes you play "course Management".

Commented on 05/16/2017

Thanks for the 5-star review jycbc! Great to hear you had fun while getting challenged out on the course. See you again sometime soon.

Commented on 05/16/2017

Thanks for the 5-star review jeffro150381! We are always trying to encourage our team to keep up the good work so please let us know if there was anything that stuck out while you were here. See you again sometime soon.

Windy and ling

This course is extremely windy which makes play unpleasant in my book. Not a very scenic course or layout in my opinion, but it was very early in the season.

Response from on 04/04/2017:
Hello Lance, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are sorry about the playing conditions but we are glad you found our staff friendly. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Beautiful but VERY windy

Course conditions were excellent...greens and fairways were pristine (even after greens were plugged a couple weeks ago).

I have played this course many times and it is always very windy in the afternoon...but worth playing

Outstanding Condition

The course was in great shape considering how late in the season it is. It's an outstanding setting with a number of sweeping views. The course was very difficult for me. It definitely rewards accuracy. The rough is deep but the fairways roll nicely. Even after aeration the greens play very true. A little on the pricey side. Probably a once a year treat for me.

I really enjoyed the course

I had a great day of golf and can't wait to play again. Everything and everyone was wonderful.

Great!

Great course, great value

Average weather

Great shape!

The course was in remarkably good shape considering that we had storms (including a tornado) go through the area the day before. Greens were true and fast. Some standing water in a few fairways but it never came into play. Course is long and I am not a big hitter so I chose to play the gold tees. If you are like me, be prepared to hit a lot of long irons and fairway woods.

Where was ranger?

We enjoyed playing this course even though play was very slow. Two groups in front of us had five players playing from the tips when they couldn't hit their drives more than 150 yards. The group in front of us had three players, but were hitting two balls apiece. We were a twosome and sometimes had three groups on one tee box. We weren't allowed to go ahead because of the group of five players!! Where was the ranger? Very frustrating.....

Response from on 11/16/2016:
Hello and thank you for your feedback on our golf course! We are happy to know you enjoyed our course but we're also saddened to hear of your frustration with the pace of play. We have noted your concerns and are working to make it better. Please come back soon! We're looking forward to it!

Great course and condition, beware the GPS carts and junior camps

Course was in great shape, greens were great. The negative is that the course uses a GPS system in their carts that controls where you can and cannot go on the course, and it's a little overzealous. Numerous times it cut out the cart and made you back out of an area; not green side or in soft spots, but IN THE FAIRWAY 30-40 yards short of the green and moving to the path, the same areas their own greens crew was driving through. Extremely annoying. If I ever play here again I'm walking.
Also, I had one of he first slots of the day, and on the 9th hole was told that on the back nine I would run into some junior camp golfers. I fully support junior golf so it was no problem, but the campers were for the most part completely unsupervised in multiple groups on the course. The only time supervision was around was to move them from hole to hole. I waited on 4 holes for 5-10 minutes each waiting on the juniors, who did not move aside as I was told they would. The point of a first thing in the morning tee time is to get through the course as quickly as possible, not to be delayed by others put out ahead of you on the back, let alone unsupervised juniors. If you're going to do that to your customers at least let them know further ahead of time or when booking, or supervise it better. Nothing like getting slowed down because the course is pulling two revenues at once.

Commented on 08/01/2016

Thank you for your review and feedback. We're glad to hear you found the conditions of our course to be in great shape and we apologize for not letting you know ahead of time about our junior campers. We hope this will not deter you from playing with us again in the future!

Average weather

Who knew?

I grew up in W. Michigan, but hadn't heard of Macatawa Legends until launching the GolfNow.com search. What a gem...just a ton of fun to play. The entire set up is extremely impressive.

Commented on 08/10/2016

Couldn't agree more, overlooked by many in the area. One of the best!

Commented on 08/01/2016

Thank you for your 5 Star review! We are thrilled to hear that you were pleased with our course and we hope to have you back for another round soon!

Very challenging....

I've played this course before and it's normally during "open" week because of the links style setup & blowing winds! Only two holes in the back had a problem with the remnants of standing water.

Commented on 07/25/2016

Thanks for the review and feedback. We're glad to have provided your game with a bit of a challenge! We hope you enjoyed your round with us and decide to come play with us again in the future.

Good time

Very busy on Thursday 1pm
Pace of play started a little slow but picked up nicely
Course is in good shape
I was put with a twosome an really had a good time
Thanks Macatawa!

Commented on 07/13/2016

Thank you, 2412vo! We're happy to hear that you had a good time! Thanks for the review and thank you for playing with us!

Good weather

A little disappointed

This was an overall pleasant experience where the facilities are concerned and I can see why moderate level golfers would enjoy the course....... that being said, This is not a "destination" golf course. The shot values are only so-so. The property the course sits on is average. I had an early morning tee time and the pro shop staff was extremely late arriving to work......so much so that a kid working the carts had to get us started that day. While I appreciate the course maintenance, my round was also routinely interrupted by the mowing staff that was "more" concerned about their mowing than my playing. Based on the reviews I would have thought this was an amazing property with amazing shot values, etc. ......not the case.

Response from on 11/16/2016:
We are very sorry to learn about your recent unpleasant experience at our club. We take pride in providing exceptional customer service and we are sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations. We hope you will give us another chance and revisit soon so that we may exceed your expectations.
Excellent weather

Very Nice course

Played it on Saturday 6/11 through Golf Now. Very good price for this course. It was really nice being only 3 miles from Lake Michigan as is was quite a bit cooler than inland location. We would play this course again.

Commented on 06/17/2016

We're happy to have you on the course! Thanks for your feedback. Looking forward to having you back!

West Olive, Michigan
Zeeland, Michigan
Zeeland, Michigan
West Olive, Michigan
Grand Haven, Michigan
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.