2.3

Year Built 1974
Architect Bob Simmons

Clubs No

Enjoyed the round

played with my father so a quick twosome round. Nice pace of play. Course in much better condition than a year ago.

Had fun.

Went as a single and the staff paired me up with a great couple. Course was in great shape and I had a great time.

Save your money

Tee boxes are junk. Course pace 3:10 minutes for 9 holes. Course Ranger, useless.

Atrocious conditions, great layout. Schizophrenic course

This place calls itself a "country club" for some reason. Tee boxes were a joke, fairways full of weeds, green unkempt and bouncy, sand traps were actually outlined in white for a free drop since they were unplayable. One of the worst courses I've ever played. Oh, and the beers were $6/ea. to top it off. "COUNTRY" maybe. "Club", no way. Avoid at all costs.

A Potentially Nice Course

The course has potential to be an above average course. However, the course is not properly taken care of which truly holds back it's beauty. The sand traps are "dirt traps" and some of the tee boxes have recently been re-sodded so you are basically teeing off from the rough. The course has a nice layout and challenging holes and with some maintenance could be a great course. The staff is super friendly and the clubhouse is very clean and welcoming. The course itself just needs a little love.

Nice Course

We had a blast plying at Prestwick, the course was challenging, but not impossible. Would definitely recommend playing here!

Great course! Was awesome outing had a lot of fun! Course is well maintained and had a great flow. Wasn't too difficult of a course which is nice because this was my first time out this season. Would 100% go back!

Not so great experience

I’ve golfed at Prestwick a handful of times, this time was just over all not the best.

Hardly any cars were in the parking lot, but for some reason they did not have enough carts for everyone (alot just sitting in the barn). Ultimately it took us an hour to even get a cart, and another 20 minutes to tee off after our tee time.

Course conditions weren’t bad at all for being this early in the year. Only complaint I had was flopping my 60 degree out of a side green bunker, but busting it on a rock buried under the sand the size of a baseball. Completely scraped my Volkey wedge. I wasn’t thrilled.

Through golf now only payed $20 a golfer to play, so absolute great price since I’ve paid over $45 to play there before.

Great course for the $$$

Expected a little more since it is a country club but for the amount I paid it was worth it

Blustery Sunday

Front nine fairways very patchy
Back nine was better
Tee box’s were a mess but playable
I live in neighborhood and wish they had discounted
Prices ..Kinda steep price for condition...
Dead raccoon on hole #7 cart path.

Commented on 10/27/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Prestwick Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 10/22/2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Prestwick Country Club.

HORRIBLE SHAPE

Course layout is good.. course I’m REALLY bad shape. They said they have good food but it was dry and “ cafeteria like”. Course was in real good shape years and years ago . Sad to see it like this !!!

Commented on 10/16/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. We apologize for the food, that is not the standard we strive to achieve. Thank you for playing Prestwick Country Club. We hope you give us another try again soon.

Yikes

Look, after reading all of the other reviews, I really dont want to beat a dead horse but....wow. The course conditions are beyond terrible, to the point it really doesnt qualify as a round of golf. No true bounces in the fairway. In fact I started aiming for the rough to find some grass, as there wasnt much in the fairways, and dont get me started on the lack of grass at literally EVERY tee box. Add all of this, and the fact you have the audacity to charge 41 bucks for a round at this goat ranch is highway robbery. 20 bucks at this point, based on the conditions alone, would also qualify as highway robbery. Dont make the same mistake I did, your better off hitting in your backyard than paying a dime to these folks.

$15 course

I hate to do this but I don’t want anyone to repeat my mistake.

Tee boxes and fairways were arguably the worst I’ve ever seen...that includes the $20 municipal courses I play all the time. Add that to paying $35 and that equals never going back.

Prestwick is what 2020 would look like if it was a golf course.

Commented on 10/16/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the conditions of our course is important to us. What you describe is not the standard we strive to achieve. Our maintenance team works hard every day to get the course in top shape. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Prestwick Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

The "Richard" Experience

Let me start off by saying I am not a picky golfer. By that I mean that a course doesn’t not have to be anywhere close to perfect condition for me to have fun. Ultimately what I prefer in a course is a cool layout with holes that do not seem to repeat themselves. IMO the layout at Prestwick is awesome! I absolutely loved the design! We were having fun. The condition of the course is not good. By any means. We had made several comments about the tee boxes having little to no grass. The fairways were not much different. The greens were decent but were so hard that you couldn’t even get a wedge to hold. None the less we were having fun. Like I said, I’m not a picky golfer. Everything was fine and then RICHARD happened!

Here’s what happened.... Richard pulled up as we were finishing up on the 14th green and introduced himself as “the person that takes care of the course” and acknowledged that the course was not in very good shape. He then proceeded to tell us how he doesn’t even allow his employees to drive that close to the green. (We were parked in the rough 10-15 feet from the green). I admit that I was too close to the green. My playing partner apologized and said it won’t happen again. We thought that was the end of it as he returned to his cart but then he got very unfriendly and disrespectful and repeating himself and took it way too far. He was flat out rude! I admit we were too close to the green, but we apologized and said we wouldn’t do it again.

Needless to say, after that the fun was over and Richard had ruined the entire experience for us. Never in my life have been treated so poorly at a golf course as a paying customer. The course is in garbage condition. The design is really cool but with a guy like Richard in charge I fear it will just be a field of grass in a matter of time. If Prestwick doesn’t make a change in Richard’s position they will not last much longer.

Commented on 10/16/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. We are sorry to hear you may have had a negative experience with any individual on our staff. This is not acceptable and by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We welcome any further feedback as to why you gave 1 star and what we can do to improve. Your feedback about the condition of our course is important to us. Our maintenance team is working hard every day to improve the current conditions to the standard our customers have come to expect. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Prestwick Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Not worth the money

Overall layout is good. Greens in decent shape, slower than neighboring courses. Fairways and tee boxes on the front 9 are atrocious. I shouldn’t be hitting off bare dirt in the fairways or having to find a spot in the tee box where there is sufficient grass to maintain my footing. If this course does not make a serious investment, I doubt it will survive much longer, which would be a shame as there are several nice homes on it.

Commented on 08/18/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We are constantly working to improve the fairways and greens. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Prestwick Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Plainfield, Indiana
Danville, Indiana
Clayton, Indiana
Brownsburg, Indiana
Pittsboro, Indiana
Pittsboro, Indiana
Camby, Indiana
Resort/Public
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.