- 4540 g bread flour
- 100 g kosher salt
- 3060 g water (warm)
- 42 g live yeast
- Extra virgin olive oil (t.t.)
- Rosemary (freshly chopped) t.t.
- Parmesan Reggiano (shaved) t.t.
1. In a 40 quart Hobart stand mixing bowl add the warm water and yeast. Mix together until all yeast is dissolved.
2. Add the flour and salt to the water and yeast.
3. Mix the ingredients with dough hook on speed 1 for 4 minutes. Change speed to 2 and mix for 6 additional minutes.
4. Remove the dough from the bowl and form into a ball to trap the gasses. Place the ball into a bowl that has been sprayed with pan release. Spray the dough with pan release and cover with plastic wrap. Place the bowl/dough into a proof box (118F) and let dough double in size.
5. Remove the dough from the proof box and divide into 4 equal parts. Hand form the dough into rectangular shape. Place each dough into a 200 pan that has been oiled with extra virgin olive oil and chopped rosemary. Place the 200 pans into the proof box and allow the dough to double in size.
6. Pre heat your convection oven to 425F. Now that the dough has doubled in size, remove the pans from the proof box and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on each dough, sprinkle with chopped rosemary and sea salt. Place each pan into the pre heated oven and bake under high fan for about 12 minutes. After 12 minutes of baking the bread should have a nice brown crust. Remove the bread from the oven and flip the bread to expose the bottom of the loaf, place the bread back into the oven to brown the bottom of the loaf. The bottom of the bread should take about 4-5 minutes. When golden brown and crusty in appearance; remove the bread from the oven. Flip the bread over in the pans to expose the top of the loaf. Sprinkle the shaved Parmesan Reggiano on top of the bread and place back into the oven to lightly melt the cheese. When the cheese is set, remove bread from the oven and let cool on racks.
See this recipe come to life along with many other incredible originals on Fairway to Table