Year Built 1958

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Dress code Dress code Collared shirts are not required, But Tank tops and sleeveless shirts not allowed. Denim jeans are permitted

Pricey

This course is always well maintained but they will pack players in and have slow play at times the carts are 1940 models I believe. I would never pay the $46 or whatever they ask for prime times but if you get a golfnow deal or have coupons it is a nice play for $25-30 . Also senior rates are 62+.....many courses offer them at 55+. Really like the course but wish it was a little more reasonably priced.

Green Hills golf - Clyde Ohio

I was impressed today by the condition of the tees, fairways, and greens. It had rained last night, but most of the areas had excellent drainage.. I have played this course a number times and it is always challenging, yet enjoyable for the average golfer.

My round of golf...

I have played Green Hills a number of times, and have always enjoyed the layout, conditions, and challenges of the course. The various tee boxes cater to golfers of all ages. I am not a long ball hitter, but enjoy the variety of yardages. The par 5's are especially within reach to make birdie if you are having a good day. My favorite is the back nine holes - not sure why, but I usually score better on holes 10-18. Kudos to the staff for keeping this course in great condition, especially during some of the hot dry days we have had in July 2020:-)

Always a pleasure

One of, if not the best courses in the area. The staff is amazing here and very helpful. The course itself is always well maintained and fun to play. Only problem I have sometimes is the pace. You can get stuck behind people who do not have etiquette for single or doubles when there is a threesome or foursome. I know with the times it’s difficult to have a lot of people on staff, but keeping someone out there to maintain pace would be a huge update! Nonetheless, if you’re looking for somewhere to have a good time while testing your golf skills; this is the place!

Go play!

Green Hills is a family run course. Considering all the weather conditions we've seen this spring and summer, the course is in fine shape. The fairways are plush, and the greens fast and true. The staff is accommodating and friendly. Thanks for a great day.

Hills in Western Ohio

Turns out that there actually are hills at Green Hills golf course. Nice, green hills, and in late August. Course conditions were very good. The greens were hard and fast, probably because of the high school golf match taking place earlier in the day. Nice snack bar and pro shop. I like it and shall return.

dishonest

I book tee times for a travelling golf league. I called Green Hills and booked 4 tee times . At that time I asked for rates riding and walking. I was told $29 to walk and $44 to ride in cart. I confirmed that these rates applied to Sunday. The man said Sunday too.
When I arrived I was told that they do not allow walking before 11am on weekends. About half of our guys like the experience and value of walking a golf course. I felt cheated! I have since learned that this is how they fill their sheet on Sunday morning.

Commented on 07/08/2016

griffingrubb,
I just spotted your review. I'm sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience here at Green Hills. Unfortunately we sometimes don't ask enough questions when we book tee times. Please give us the opportunity to have your group down again and we will extend a great discount for your group. Thank You!
Adam Crockett / Co-Owner

Clyde, Ohio
Bellevue, Ohio
Tiffin, Ohio
Sandusky, Ohio
Kansas, Ohio
Sandusky, Ohio
NIAGARA FALLS, CAN | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of two hotels and 3 rounds of golf at Legends on the Niagara Battlefield and Usher's Creek courses, and Whirlpool.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.