Peninsula Golf Course

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes

Snacks, Restaurant

9-Hole Rounds 6

Slow

Had a group of elderly ladies holding up play. Had several groups all backed up on the front nine. Grateful that they weren't making the turn. Second nine moved at a normal speed. Took four hours to play what should have been an easy three hour round. No par fives. Short course which should never take four hours to play.

Winter Golf

Played the day after many days of hard rain and was really soggy on the first time around. The second time around was a lot dryer. The greens were excellent, receptive and true rolling. No par 5s but the par 3s are no slouches. The staff couldn't be any friendlier or helpful. I'll come back again just for them.

Good weather

Nice 9 hole course with several tee positions.

Nice course with a great restaurant. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Fairways are firm and greens are in good shape. Great little course if you are in the area. Can be slow, when beginners are out there, but most will let you play through.

Commented on 12/16/2017

Thanks for your feedback. Come back again soon and check out the improvements we're making to the course. We have new owners since November and there is a lot going on to improve the customer experience.

Don't waste time or money

I arrived at approximately 1/2 1/2 hour before tea time and Pro Shop was in bedlam totally disorganized I had to wait to get my tee time passed my tee time because attendant was taking money 4 tee times after mine started. Once I actually teed off Fairways were grown over with weeds and potholes mosquitoes were rampant and I walked away after the 3rd hole back to my car because the mosquitoes were so bad that I couldn't concentrate on my swing or my game at all very disappointing the end.

Excellent weather

Decent Value

Fairways are dry and bumpy. A decent value with the Golfnow discount, especially if you are a high handicapper.

Anonymous

Needs help

Fairways were poorly managed. Extremely dry, hard, brown, with lots of unintentional pot holes, bare patches. The greens were decent, although not without some bare spots. It was actually fun to play, though. For an executive type course, I do like the layout and hazard placements, which boosts my rating to fair. Clubhouse is new, with a very nice bistro, "The Cove", and has excellent food and brews.

Vacation

Got a good deal for a round while on vacation to the ocean. Well worth it. Enjoyable course. Greens showed some wear but over all had fun.

Excellent weather

Resort town golf

Great friendly staff and fun weekend round. Food is a wonderful departure from the usual hotdogs beer and chips and includes healthy options. Course will be better when the weather improves.

Bring mosquito repellant

This was a fun, basic course. It is short and straight forward with very few hazards or dangers. The staff was really friendly and let me borrow bug spray after the first 9.....unfortunately it was a little too late. I wish I would have worn pants because my legs are now covered in mosquito bites. If it wasn't for the bugs, I would have really enjoyed the affordable round. We also had dinner there the night before and it was very good.

Plays Once a year

good times

We went here for a round on our anniversary. We were running a little late for our booked time and called to let them know. They were very accommodating. The course is not difficult, but we lost 3 balls between the two of us. That mostly says more about our ability than the course. But the course is narrow and the edges have lots of thorny bushes and long grass.

Fun course with Az type fairways

This is a fun yet ball eating course. Mosquitoes are annoying in the morning. The fairways are bouncy and hard to stick the ball. Greens are hard to explain but good. First time I shot under 100! (Yes, I played 18)

Great little 9 hole course

Great place to play 9 or 18 holes of golf. Several different tee placements to mix it up. The course was in good condition, but the greens ran true and in great shape. Easy to walk, so no need for a power cart. The staff is excellent, very helpful and friendly. Great restaurant for lunch or a beer after your round.

Arizona Advisor

Nice people, rustic course.

No it's not a destination course, it's a nine hole executive with 18 tee areas. The tee areas are worn, the fairways are kinda weedy but the greens were really pretty decent, people were fixing their ball marks. Monday thru Wednesday you could play all day for the price of a round, even a very inexpensive round purchased on golf now. My wife played nine with me and then headed to the beach, I played nine more and then fortified myself with a Mac and Jacks at the bar prior to the third nine holes. I had to go find my wife or I would have tried the fresh fish dinner special. The course was very handy since we were staying at the Breakers and we could trundle our push carts the 300 yards from our unit to the clubhouse. It's built on sand so drains very quickly if the rains are coming off the ocean.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Course was quaint and staff was friendly.

Was informed course is still pending becoming rated. This is only a 9 hole course. Alternate "Tee" boxes were not defined which lacked versitility. Overall with only Surfside being the only other option to play on the peninsula, I say play it. Was able to acquire rate from golf now, which made it extremely cheap entertainment. Over-all rating - Par for the course. Thanks.

Superb Greens

A 9-hole executive course, newer clubhouse with great restaurant.
Easy walkiing, relatively flat. They take great care of the greens and tee boxes.

Ocean Park, Washington