Peninsula Golf Course

Year Built 1947

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes

Snacks, Restaurant

9-Hole Rounds 6

Nice course for the price

I play here monthly and always enjoy the course. The greens are in great shape, but some of the fairways are a bit dry with lots of run out. Can have a slow round because lots of new golfers playing, but most let you play through.

Nice little course

Course is in good shape, other than the fairways being a little dry. Staff is friendly and helpful and The Cove is a great restaurant for lunch and a beer.

Good improvements to the course

First time playing, since the new owners. The course is the best I've seen it. The fairways were softer, making them easier to play off of. The greens were in great shape and the ball rolled well. Only 1 green with a couple of bare spots. The course is in good shape and the staff is always courteous and helpful. Make sure you stop by the restuarant for a beer and lunch, the food is great.

Nice course for the money.

Nice little course, only plays 2300 yards from the furthest tees. Fairways were firm and dry in places. The greens were good, except for some damage on #6. Great restaurant with excellent food and cold beer.

Commented on 12/16/2017

Thank you for the review! We really appreciate getting feedback, as it will help us prioritize the work we do on the course.

Your feedback is spot on. We are doing work over the winter to improve the condition of the fairways (irrigation, aeration, and top dressing for smoothing).

We are redesigning #6 to improve the tee (adding a back tee, too) and the green.

In the Spring, we'll aerate every green and repair any damage.

Again, thanks for the feedback. Come back and check out the improvements and let us know if we are hitting the mark.

Probably wouldn't go on a holiday weekend.

Went out for a quick 18 on Labor Day weekend. We had played it once before, on off season. The course really is a rough little course, but it's fun. The mosquitos will try to eat you alive, so make sure you spray yourself down before going out. Played the 1st 9, it was slow, there was a back up so we joined the 2 in front of us. Make it through OK, got to the turn, and there was a small back up. We waited, got to the tee box, and the people in front of us lost ball, and took approx. 15 mins to find them. They were walkers and apparently didn't know when there is a line up behind you, drop a ball. About 15 mins went by, by then there were a group of about 12 guys behind us. We noticed that our cart was dying, decide to just skip the last 9 because the 3 in front of us were obviously going to be here all day. Being in Long beach, perhaps post golf etiquette someplace? I understand that at resort towns on heavy weekends this happens, but it's not like there is a lot of courses to choose from. Other than that, we had fun our first time. Not a stellar course but does the trick.

Commented on 12/16/2017

Thanks so much for your feedback. We recently changed ownership and we'll be investing in course conditions over the winter. We're working on drainage (to help with the mosquito problem), irrigation to improve the fairway conditions on #1 and #2.

We're also cleaning up the undergrowth on the sides of the fairways and doing more to maintain the creeks so that it's easier for golfer to find their wayward golf balls.

Lastly, we are investing in improved tee sheet management to ensure that we can reduce the chance of a backup on the first tee.

Come back some time soon and let us know if you like the changes we are making.

Fun round of golf and a great lunch @ Peninsula Golf Course

Spent Labor Day weekend in Long Beach, WA. Found this course on our way through town. It's located 1 mile north of downtown Long Beach on the east side. Fun 9 hole, par 33 course. The layout is varied, with some holes exposed to the wind while other holes wind through the tall stands of evergreen trees.

The greens are in great shape and hold shots well.

The pace of play was relaxed, the clubhouse staff and pro were happy, friendly, and engaging. I'm impressed. I will definitely play again.

Slow

Had a group of elderly ladies holding up play. Had several groups all backed up on the front nine. Grateful that they weren't making the turn. Second nine moved at a normal speed. Took four hours to play what should have been an easy three hour round. No par fives. Short course which should never take four hours to play.

Winter Golf

Played the day after many days of hard rain and was really soggy on the first time around. The second time around was a lot dryer. The greens were excellent, receptive and true rolling. No par 5s but the par 3s are no slouches. The staff couldn't be any friendlier or helpful. I'll come back again just for them.

Good weather

Nice 9 hole course with several tee positions.

Nice course with a great restaurant. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Fairways are firm and greens are in good shape. Great little course if you are in the area. Can be slow, when beginners are out there, but most will let you play through.

Commented on 12/16/2017

Thanks for your feedback. Come back again soon and check out the improvements we're making to the course. We have new owners since November and there is a lot going on to improve the customer experience.

Don't waste time or money

I arrived at approximately 1/2 1/2 hour before tea time and Pro Shop was in bedlam totally disorganized I had to wait to get my tee time passed my tee time because attendant was taking money 4 tee times after mine started. Once I actually teed off Fairways were grown over with weeds and potholes mosquitoes were rampant and I walked away after the 3rd hole back to my car because the mosquitoes were so bad that I couldn't concentrate on my swing or my game at all very disappointing the end.

Excellent weather

Decent Value

Fairways are dry and bumpy. A decent value with the Golfnow discount, especially if you are a high handicapper.

Anonymous

Needs help

Fairways were poorly managed. Extremely dry, hard, brown, with lots of unintentional pot holes, bare patches. The greens were decent, although not without some bare spots. It was actually fun to play, though. For an executive type course, I do like the layout and hazard placements, which boosts my rating to fair. Clubhouse is new, with a very nice bistro, "The Cove", and has excellent food and brews.

Vacation

Got a good deal for a round while on vacation to the ocean. Well worth it. Enjoyable course. Greens showed some wear but over all had fun.

Excellent weather

Resort town golf

Great friendly staff and fun weekend round. Food is a wonderful departure from the usual hotdogs beer and chips and includes healthy options. Course will be better when the weather improves.

Bring mosquito repellant

This was a fun, basic course. It is short and straight forward with very few hazards or dangers. The staff was really friendly and let me borrow bug spray after the first 9.....unfortunately it was a little too late. I wish I would have worn pants because my legs are now covered in mosquito bites. If it wasn't for the bugs, I would have really enjoyed the affordable round. We also had dinner there the night before and it was very good.

Plays Once a year

good times

We went here for a round on our anniversary. We were running a little late for our booked time and called to let them know. They were very accommodating. The course is not difficult, but we lost 3 balls between the two of us. That mostly says more about our ability than the course. But the course is narrow and the edges have lots of thorny bushes and long grass.

Fun course with Az type fairways

This is a fun yet ball eating course. Mosquitoes are annoying in the morning. The fairways are bouncy and hard to stick the ball. Greens are hard to explain but good. First time I shot under 100! (Yes, I played 18)

Great little 9 hole course

Great place to play 9 or 18 holes of golf. Several different tee placements to mix it up. The course was in good condition, but the greens ran true and in great shape. Easy to walk, so no need for a power cart. The staff is excellent, very helpful and friendly. Great restaurant for lunch or a beer after your round.

Arizona Advisor

Nice people, rustic course.

No it's not a destination course, it's a nine hole executive with 18 tee areas. The tee areas are worn, the fairways are kinda weedy but the greens were really pretty decent, people were fixing their ball marks. Monday thru Wednesday you could play all day for the price of a round, even a very inexpensive round purchased on golf now. My wife played nine with me and then headed to the beach, I played nine more and then fortified myself with a Mac and Jacks at the bar prior to the third nine holes. I had to go find my wife or I would have tried the fresh fish dinner special. The course was very handy since we were staying at the Breakers and we could trundle our push carts the 300 yards from our unit to the clubhouse. It's built on sand so drains very quickly if the rains are coming off the ocean.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Course was quaint and staff was friendly.

Was informed course is still pending becoming rated. This is only a 9 hole course. Alternate "Tee" boxes were not defined which lacked versitility. Overall with only Surfside being the only other option to play on the peninsula, I say play it. Was able to acquire rate from golf now, which made it extremely cheap entertainment. Over-all rating - Par for the course. Thanks.

Ocean Park, Washington
Warrenton, Oregon
Astoria, Oregon
Raymond, Washington
DUPONT, WA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma DuPont and 2 rounds of golf at Chambers Bay Golf Club.
BEND, OR | Enjoy 1 nights’ accommodation at the Huntington Lodge and 2 rounds of golf on the Jack Nicklaus Signature Course.
BREWSTER, WA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Inn at Gamble Sands and 3 rounds of golf at Gamble Sands - Sands Course and the new QuickSands Short Course.
SENECA, OR | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Silvies Valley Ranch, unlimited golf with cart and range balls, meals, and more.