Style Links
Arrowhead State Park Golf Course

Year Built 1960
Architect Floyd Farley

Riding

Everything great except pace of play.

Played this course my whole life. It’s been in great shape and consistently improving the past few years. It’s a great challenge for all skill levels. Being in a state park it attracts folks that don’t know etiquette, Marshall’s need to keep pace of play up, be 7 groups on 3 holes and slower groups won’t let you go ahead. The members need to group up in carts. I understand catching up with the group but cart up at the turn.

Great course!

2 of my buddies and I played the front 9 first, but due to weather we did not get to start the back 9. The staff was so friendly, they allowed us to come back and finish another day! The course was fun and really well kept, would recommend this course to friends. Course also overlooks Eufuala!

Arrowhead Golf

Course was in good condition. Tee boxes and fairways were in good shape. Bermuda greens rolled very nice.
New clubhouse, gas golf carts, and friendly staff made for a very good experience. Pace of play was awesome. Saw two sets of 5-7 deer on the course. Nice lake views from several holes.

Great as usual

Many of the sandtraps have been refurbished since my last round here (thankfully I didn't spend any time in them), which were the only thing close to an eyesore in the past. The old sandtraps would collect water and then pool up for a week(s) to follow. Now that problem is eradicated and the course is gorgeous from tee to green on every hole. Arrowhead is a splendid place to play a round of golf.

Fun lay out !

Course overall in good shape wish the greens were faster but fun course to play !

Many course improvements underway that are making this well groomed course fun to go round.
Looking forward to more.

Great course!!

Top five course in my opinion ,they are working on the back 9 improving the bunkers. Greens are great the staff is great!! They built a new club house which is nice I just wish they would sale food but overall my favorite course in S.E Oklahoma!

Great course, great staff, but very slow pace.

The past two days have been the worst experience I’ve had at arrowhead golf course. They’ve got to figure out a better way to keep big groups and slow groups from holding so many of us back. Took us over 4 hours just to get through 9 holes today. Yesterday I got stuck behind a group of 8 and a group of 7. Too many people are not courteous enough to let faster groups pass them these days. I know they was busy, but it wasn’t the problem for the tremendously slow pace. I’ve been to this course so many times, and never had this much of a problem on the pace. There used to be rules on the golf carts and such, but I haven’t seen them in awhile. Between Saturday and Sunday, I was forced to skip 5 holes just to get in front of the golfers that held me back for so long. I paid too much money to have to do that. I hate griping and I hate leaving bad reviews but I’m almost to the point that I won’t even go back and I loved going there.

Nice for a State Course

The sun was shining, the wind was blowing, the temperature was near 80, and I hadn't been out for a while. There were some construction going on, but it did not interfere with my play. They are redoing the bunkers, and I missed them all. The greens were fast and accurate, the fairways were a little sparse in some places and that didn't effect me either as I missed those places as well.
I enjoyed my round, and would have scored a little better if I hadn't been trying to keep my hat from blowing off, as the wind and gusts were sometimes 25+mph.
I'm well pleased with this course. It has a new clubhouse that is amazing and well stocked. I would play this course more often if it were closer to my home, and will travel here often during the summer.

Great Golf Course

Me and my boy love playing this course,the staff is very friendly and helpful , and the course is an awesome layout! Very beautiful!

Very nice public course. Greens are challenging. Fairways well maintained. Several sand traps currently being re-worked so they don’t come into play and there is a lot of ground dug up around several of the greens. The new traps will be nice when complete. Great place to play for the price. Course has some very nice views of Lake Eufaula.

First Round in a While

First time at Arrowhead in at least six year...much had changed. New clubhouse, friendlier staff, great greens, and wildlife everywhere! My son and I greatly enjoyed the day!

Love the course and the cost! Asian Beetles literally ran us off the course Sunday afternoon , the gave my buddy a “rain check” but was unable to do for me since I booked through golf now. That was fine by me! Was tired of getting bit! Will go back after swarms die off!

Hidden Gem in the heart of Oklahoma

The course was among the best I have visited. The tees, fairways and greens were all excellent, especially considering it is late in the season. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Their were several golfers on the course, but the pace of play was good. The course was pretty scenic given its location in the flatlands. Thanks to the staff for making this a great course to visit. Play here if you get a chance, you'll be glad you did.

Checotah, Oklahoma