2.4

Year Built 1992
Fairways Zoysia Grass

Clubhouse, Lounge, Banquet Facilities, Showers, Locker Rooms

Thick Rough 7

What a fun course. This course has several doglegs, which was a challenge for my first visit. The course was in very good shape for this late in the season.

Greens

I played this course earlier this year wasn’t to bad. I just played again the greens were terrible. They had cut grass on them in chunks couldn’t even putt the ball. The fairways were fine.

Diamond in the Rough

I was looking for a course at the last minute for a Friday afternoon round, away from the city, that wouldn't be busy that I could play in 4 hours or less. I am so glad I found Eagles Bluff in Clarksville. The strengths of the course are its course design and layout and incredible views. The layout offers plenty of options for both the high handicapper and risk reward options for the expert golfer. You definitely will play most of the clubs in your bag. Take plenty of balls as there are opportunities to hit it into the trees and there's plenty of water! In terms of course condition, the fairways were in great shape, most of the tea boxes were in good shape, there are some greens that seemed to have of struggled the last two or three years but I also believe they're working hard to bring them all up to the same quality as the fairways.

One of the signature holes is definitely the par 512. 700 yd from the black, 660 from the blue, 620 from the white and just under 500 yards from the red tees. Slightly downhill it's a beautiful view and your last shot has to carry some water to get to the green. It's the longest hole I've ever played. But it was fun.

If you're looking for a place that has great amenities with food and bar this is not the course for you. But if you're looking for an inexpensive round of golf on a beautiful and challenging layout, away from the crowds with friendly staff and patrons then you'll definitely want to check out Eagles Bluff.

Great other than two closed greens

Went with a friend, and the 12th and 14th green had thatch all over them, the staff started to clean one off, waived me over, and said that it was going to be closed for a couple of days. He said “I closed it last night and didn’t tell anyone.” If I hadn’t gotten a “hot deal” I would’ve been pretty upset that I had to skip two of the eighteen holes.

Good course for the money

It's a little bit of a drive but for the price it is worth it. Greens had some issues but the fairways were nice and the rough was manageable. They definitely could use some new carts.

What happened

I played this course around 3 years ago. I told friends and coworkers how much I liked this course. I played it recently with a friend who had not played it yet and it was disappointing to say the least. The maintenance of the course has really gone down hill. Most of the greens are in terrible shape. I don’t mind playing courses that have tee boxes or fairways that need a little more attention but the greens have to be maintained. A course that I wanted to get a group of coworkers together to play, is not an option after what I played today.

Really sad to see a course with so much promise, beautiful views from some of the holes and a good layout, turn into this.

Course condition

I love the layout and the views. Greens were not very good but I’m a poor putter so I didn’t care.

Distinctively unique

Wow bit of a haul from stl but well worth the trip Its like you travel back in time with stone walls along the cart paths that have to date 30 years is the rough high yes it is it's a country course with a plethora of whole shapes designs and challenges HIGHLY reccomend if for nothing else all of views!! Great time friendly people

Cheap but still not worth it

There was nobody working when I arrived for my tee time. A random person handed me a golf cart key and finally found a golf cart with gas.

Greens in really bad shape even for this time of year. My golf ball was covered in grass clippings when I landed in the fairway.

Pace of play was good because I was the only one on the course. Then eventually 5 people showed up on the course and some how were playing in front of me and didn’t let me play thru.

This course has so much potential. If it was well maintained and if they had employees working there.

Great day; course needs TLC

The weather was great but the course needs some TLC. Beautiful setting and could be an awesome course if it was taken care of.

Greens????

Fairways would run out then your in the middle 150 yards out in rough. Greens were un portable. Nice drive though.

Beautiful scenery and friendly staff

The greens were a little rough, but otherwise course in good shape. Fall trees are beautiful

Eagle Bluffs

Really hate to do this review. This course has SO much potential. A really neat lay out, some awesome views, zoysia fairways, elevation changes, expensive landscaping and retention walls, great facilities for events.
But, the greens are just lost unfortunately. Course is near a very small town so I'm sure 2020 hit it extra hard. I simply can't recommend the course right now as much as I'd like to. Hard to complain when you get a hot deal for $18, I know, but when you can't putt the greens because of the condition of them, it really doesn't matter how cheap the round was. I hope this course makes a comeback in 2021, if it does, it's definitely a course to play. Best of luck Eagle Bluffs.

Not in good shape

Most of the greens had large patches of bare dirt. The tee boxes had not been mowed. Fairways were unevenly mowed with patches of crabgrass, etc in the fairways. It is very scenic and it is a shame that the beauty does not show due to the poor maintenance.

Love this course but greens destroyed

This course is wonderful I love the layout and the overall feel of things. However, the greens are the worst I have seen in years. I am not sure if it’s a disease or they just let them go but the greens were in rough shape. The tee boxes were not cut either. Shame this course could be a true hidden gem. I hope they can fix green issue going into next year

Louisiana, Missouri
Elsberry, Missouri
Pittsfield, Illinois
LAKE OZARK, MO | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The Lodge of Four Seasons and 3 rounds of golf at The Club at Porto Cima (Troon Privé) and The Lodge of Four Seasons – Cove & Ridge Courses.
LAKE OZARK, MO | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Lodge of Four Seasons and 2 rounds of golf at The Lodge of Four Seasons - Cove & Ridge Courses.