Devils Lake Golf Course

Year Built 1929

Dress code Shirts must be worn at all times.

Catering, Beverage Carts

Very hilly fairways and fast greens but quite a fun layout

Nice course with great pace of play

Played on a late Sunday morning as a twosome, so I was a bit nervous about pace of play. But the pace was great and we got in well under 4 hours. The greens rolled true and the course was fun. I would definitely play again.

Greens are fabulous, good speed, great condition, keep the ball below the hole or they are going to run on you..Nice layout ,plays longer than its yardage.

This course is close to our home and is a fun, challenging round of golf. Lots of hills, a few dog legs and the greens are challenging. Overall a good time!

BEST VALUE COURSE AROUND JACKSON, MI

I live in Jackson but love to explore the surrounding courses on the outskirts of Jackson County. That particular day I found Devils Lake GC on GolfNow for something like $25 (18 holes). The drive through the rolling Irish Hills was pretty awesome approaching the course! Also, the course is surrounded by gazillllion small lakes which you can see from the drive up and clubhouse.

It was a Tuesday/Wednesday morning so it was quiet for it still was May. The course wasn't the most difficult but did have some trick longer par 4s. The greens were in great shape for May and the girls in the clubhouse were very nice.

If you're in Jackson and need something outside of the city, GO CHECK OUT DEVILS LAKE GC it's only like a 35 minute drive south,

My only complaint is they dont manage times good.. that being said only Calderone, Pierce Lake and The Grande are good with times in immediate area. They allow a 3 and 4 some to tee off while you are on 9 so your pace and groove will be broken.

Commented on 09/16/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Devils Lake Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. We see that you rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Devils Lake Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Forgiving course

I'm a terrible golfer. I lose a lot of balls. This is a very player friendly, forgiving course. Only a few very difficult holes. Semi-tough greens though. This is one of the most fun courses I've ever played. Love this course.

One of the best courses I have played this year.

A 100% hidden gem course. Drove about 50 minutes and the course did not disappoint. The course was beautiful and spread out. You could tell it was maintained very well. I would HIGHLY recommend this course and I will play it again this year.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Nice course. Greens in good shape. Sunday pins were tough. Liked the layout and the staff.

Hidden Gem..Would play again

Trying to fit in some late fall golf my wife and I decided to drive over an hour to the Irish Hills area near Jackson MI. The fall foliage colors were in their prime. The temp was little over 50 degrees with little wind thanks to the golf gods. We were greeted warmly by a female staff member that could not have been nicer. She said we were clear to go when we were ready with only some mens league groups ahead that had been out for awhile already. This was out first time playing this course so we proceeded not real familiar with the lay of the land. Front 9 was decent with rolling fairways (since it is in the irish hills afterall..;))...Greens had their fall aeration about a week earlier but were healing nicely without a lot of bouncing when putting...so far so good. The back nine was a liitle more challenging in my opinion..a little more rolling of the fairways and several blind shots. Not a lot of water or bunkers...overall...seemed to be a pretty fair challenge of ones golf skills. Was only in 1 trap and that one seemed to have decent sand quality in lieu of some I have played that were more like a small gravel pit. The greens all seems to be slanted a bit back to front for the most part. Putting speeds were moderate in my opinion...not the fastest nor the slowest. But the front to back slope and some side slope offered some putting challenges in keeping the ball near the hole on a missed putt. some rolled 3 ft or little more down away from the area around the hole. The best part we finished in 3 hours flat!!And NEVER caught up with any of the prementioned mens groups.. A nice course that one should play in ever in the Irish hills area near Jackson..I hope to return again next golf season It was a bargain as a fall weekday HOT DEAL!!

Well Kept Secret

Beautiful course in great shape on a gorgeous fall day. Staff is super friendly and attentive.
Will definitely play this hidden gem again.

Onsted, Michigan
Somerset, Michigan
Hudson, Michigan
Adrian, Michigan
Horton, Michigan
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Boyne's Highlands or Mountain resorts with the option to play 18 or 36 holes of golf of your choice between five Boyne golf courses.