Edgewood

Year Built 1978
Architect David Gordon

Walking Allowed Yes, except on weekends before 2pm
Dress code No tee shirts, tank tops, cut-off shorts or baseball/football/soccer cleats.

Wow

This is a poor excuse for a golf course. This by no means is a $45 course. I could’ve played off of the pavement in their parking lot and had better conditions. I would’ve give this a zero if I could.

An amazing layout in complete disrepair

I grew up playing Edgewood and played high school championship matches there in the late 90's. I always liked playing there. At 6700 yards from the blue tees it is a great test of golf.

I played it today. The course conditions are a disgrace. There is no differentiation between fairway and rough. There are bare spots in the fairway where grass should be growing. The greens are concrete and repel well struck shots. Bunkers have tons of rocks in them.

Sand Springs really needs to invest in this track to return to its glory!

Just ok

The greens are the worst greens I ever played on. The ball jumps of the green like you landing on concrete. It’s a good layout track. But could be better maintain. Young Lady in clubhouse is extremely nice. They have a bar, but was not open. There are much better tracks to play in the area for the price point. I’m not a fan of this course , due to the greens.

If you need to play….

Staff was excellent and attentive. The cart paths are rough, watch your back going over the bumps! Rocks hidden in the bunkers, damaged the sole of my wedge Good layout and challenging. Course needs TLC. If you MUST play then play here, there’s always room for avid golfers.

Gorgeous November Day

Course was in great condition especially for November. Staff is top notch. Nothing else open except golf which is expected on November 18th.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Edgewood in the Pines. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Fun course but conditions are rough

The layout is nice and challenging on a handful of the holes where positioning is key. The greens are in pretty good shape. Their speed was very consistent and rolled well. Those are the positives. The fairways are in pretty bad shape and are over grown with crabgrass or no grass at all. It comes at a premium. All in all, if a little care was given to the course, it would be a destination round.

Commented on 08/24/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Edgewood in the Pines. We hope to see you again in the future.

Wasn't Told about a Tournament

Went to play this course with a few buddies and had called to see if they had anything going on. Was told there was nothing going on only to show up and have to play behind a tournament. Only played 14 holes because a group 2 ahead of us. Last group of the tournament was not keeping a good pace of play and 5 groups after them called it quits after the 13th hole. Unreal that they didn't have anyone monitoring the groups. Easily would have been a 5 1/2 hour round of golf when this course should be 3 1/2 at most.

TERRIBLE!!!!!

Stay Away!!! I payed $33 and the course was nothing more than a cow pasture without the cows. The only thing that even resembled a golf course were the greens. Also the website makes the course look pristine, but the pictures must be from decades ago.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Edgewood in the Pines. We hope to see you again soon.

Great Experience

Play here from time to time when I make my way back into the area. Played Friday afternoon. Course was in great shape for mid July. Greens were in fantastic shape. Always has been a redeeming quality for Edgewood. Glad to see the upgrades to drainage on holes #1 and #10. I know in years past they have been an issue. Will gladly be back the next time I’m in the area.

Disappointed

First time I've played this course in a few years. I haven't seen this course in such poor condition in years. First, the course was soaking wet. Granted there was a great deal of rain in the past day or two but for weeks we had no rain so the course should have eaten up the most recent rainfall. It didn't.
Blooming clover was everywhere. I mean everywhere. Not a good look - especially when it (and crabgrass) is invading tee boxes. Tee boxes were chopped up.
Some greens looked distressed.
What had me scratching my head was the fact that it appeared the entire maintenance crew was out working . That's good, but .......... Cutters were in the middle of play. People cutting downs trees - in the middle of play. Holes being changed - in the middle of play. I always thought cutters et al should be out AHEAD of play - not in the middle of it. Plus none of these folks ever seemed to notice golfers.
Fasten your seat belts on the cart paths. I need a spleenectomy after my 18.
This course is in dire need of investment. It is a nice layout (though confusing if you're playing it for the first time). There are some holes where I expected the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz pointing both ways on certain holes directing you to the next hole.
The only redeeming virtue was the price - $20. It wasn't worth any more than that. I will not be back until I hear through word of mouth that conditions have improved. Sad to see this place appearing to suffer a slow death.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We will make sure to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make the necessary changes. Thanks for visiting Edgewood in the Pines. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Drums, Pennsylvania
Sugarloaf, Pennsylvania
Hanover Township, Pennsylvania
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Berwick, Pennsylvania
TUNKHANNOCK, PA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Shadowbrook Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Shadowbrook Golf Course.
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Seaview, A Dolce Hotel and 2 rounds of golf at Seaview Golf Club - Bay & Pines Courses.
WHEELING | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at Oglebay Resort’s Wilson Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Oglebay Resort – Palmer & Jones Courses.
HOT SPRINGS | Experience the ultimate Buddy Golf Captains getaway at the iconic Omni Homestead Resort, September 30 - October 2.