Beaver Dam Country Club sits just a few miles from Horicon Marsh, the largest freshwater refuge in the U.S. The golf course originally opened as a nine-hole layout in the 1960s but now it is one of the area's most popular 18-hole courses. The layout has a traditional design with small, elevated greens and tree-lined fairways. It is on the shorter side at 6,000 yards, at least by today's standards, but it offers plenty of challenges even without having the length. Strategically placed bunkers lurk beside the greens and the rolling terrain guarantees some tricky lies. The third and eighth are two of Beaver Dam Country Club's particularly memorable holes. These drivable par 4s provide you with the opportunity for an eagle, granted you play skillfully and are blessed with a little luck.

Beaver Dam Country Club

Year Built 1967

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Fun day

Pro shop person was very nice. course was in good condition. Very hot day, but fun. Greens very fast and crowned. Would go back.

Not bad!

Short course with small greens and narrow fairways. DO NOT be left or right of the fairways. Trees like to jump out at ya.

They are not aligned with GolfNow.

FYI they are not online with GolfNow. I made a tee time through the app just to be told at the course that they are not online at all, our tee time was not valid and we couldn’t get a tee time today due to an outing being scheduled that day.

Horrible experience

First it was just soaked. We only got 2/10” of rain last night. Over booked, multiple parties of four started at the same time before us. We left after 13 holes, that took 2 of us 3 1/2hrs just to do that. The group 2 up were dogging it, mentioned to club house, but they didn’t care.
Never going back here.

Greeted by a not to friendly gentleman who took our money. I'm gonna chuck it up to a old grumpy guy, probably a great guy once you get past his miserable life story.
Course not clearly marked. Went from hole 1 to 9 to 4, and we didn't start drinking yet. We were not the only ones to do that so we felt vindicated in our home judgment. Other wise the course was not that bad. Hard to tell the difference between the fairway and the second and third cut but we managed. We had a cart girl which was perfect. That's not happening on too many golf courses. So overall I give it a three. Cannot judge the food because it was closed when we were leaving.

5 Star Experience in Beaver Dam

I don't often rate golf courses as 5 stars, but there was no way around it here. For the value and the course design, this has moved into the top of the return rotation after just one visit. For starters the staff was super accommodating and charged us minimal for my wife to ride along for the day. I was just playing as a solo, so to let her ride along during the COVID pandemic was a huge bonus.

With its location I didn't think it would be super busy, but I was shocked to call at 7:30 on a Saturday and be told I could tee off by 9:15, if I could get there is time. We loaded up and pulled into a fairly standard clubhouse in rural WI. Parking lot had cars in it, but not super busy, there was one group teeing of and one in the staging area when I went in to pay. I was told I was after the twosome on deck, so we put together the cart and teed off right at 9:15. The pace of play was incredible, I had a hard time even pushing the twosome ahead of me and only really had to wait on the 17/18 holes. Being able to play quick (2:30) especially on a Saturday morning is one thing that will get me back there.

As far as the course goes, the raised greens were incredible. You could see that right away on 1 and by the time I got to the green on 2 I could tell this would be a signature of the course. It was and it did not disappoint, the closing stretch from 14-18 were many of the best holes in my opinion. Knowing where to hit these elevated greens would be a key factor in match play or scoring well, the return trip should allow for more thinking to be done on the approaches.

To summarize, with the pace of play, the cost, accommodating an additional rider during COVID-19, and the course itself I can't speak highly enough of our experience that day. My wife even mentioned how much fun it was and the wildlife keep her engaged and taking photos the entire round. I've told countless friends about this course already and can't wait to make a return trip.

1st Time - Good Condition

Greens were excellent condition. Short course but fun and well manicured fairways & rough. Slow pace but the weather was perfect so that may explain the crowd. Staff was very accommodating to get me out on the back 9 1st with the heavy crowd on the front. Highly recommend.

I play BDCC about 3-4 times each year and I always enjoy it. The course is always in nice shape and everyone is friendly. Highly recommended.

Nice local course

We golf here at least 8 times a summer .. The course is always in good shape and fair to the average golfer.. . I would say it would be attractive to most golfers.. The greens are in good condition and the course has enough hazards to give you some challenges.. A great place just to enjoy yourself.. Today everything was great except because of the recent wet conditions there was a new hatch of mosquito's so at least for a while take plenty of spray.. The staff always seems to be very friendly..

Poor judgement

We were a foursome and the course sent off nothing but twosomes behind us. We let 4 groups thru, but were still being pushed by others the entire time. We finished in just under 3 3/4 hours, even after letting groups thru. Took the fun out of the round. Also, no drinking water on the course.

Very friendly staff

Great place to play. Been going there for years.
Course was in good condition. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Cart girl made sure we had the beverages we wanted witch was nice being it was quite warm that day.

Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Columbus, Wisconsin
Mayville, Wisconsin
Watertown, Wisconsin
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn at Woodlake and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River or Meadow Valleys Course) and Whistling Straits (Straits or Irish Course)
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn on Woodlake and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River & Meadow Valley Courses) and Whistling Straits (Straits & Irish Courses).