Northwood Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1970
Architect Jeff Brauer (1988)

Golf Simulator Yes

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Swimming

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2023 #9)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Louisiana (2021 #13) (2019 #12)

Rounding into Spring shape

There are a few rough spots on the greens, particularly #8 but it was our understanding that the course had been closed for 15 days due to weather. Given the time of year, the course overall was in good condition. Would like to a drink/snack cart occasionally.

Amazing Layout, Wonderful Staff, Greet Greens…Awesome Golf Day!

Love this place! One of the best bangs for the buck! Greens are wonderful! Management has put a lot of work in here and it shows. One of best layouts around…super challenging and great variety of holes. Would highly recommend!!!!

Cheaper w/out the App.

After many attempts of trying, the staff never answered the phone. I started calling on Tuesday at noon. The old mustached fella finally answered the phone around 1230, he then put me on hold and forgot about me. I was on hold (using my speaker phone) for 30 minutes before I hung up and tried again. I called back again and again, no answer. I was desperate to make a Tee Time for 3 and I didn’t know how busy it would be because of the perfect weather and a long holiday weekend. GolfNow 4 players $171!!!! Absolutely NOT worth it and I should have known better. The course was an absolute ghost town. The required tee time wasn’t even necessary. If the pro shop would have answered the phone it would have only cost me $120 for 3 of us NOT $171. When I arrived I told the old mustached fella, “hello, I made a tee time on line”. He said, “No you didn’t. You can’t pay online”. I told him, “I know I didn’t pay yet and I know I still need to pay, I’m just letting you know I booked it using the app” but he insisted on arguing and grumbling something half understandable about how I didn’t pay for it yet. He’s such a grouch and not very personable. I love going there, especially my wife. The owner Randy is a great guy I enjoy seeing him there all the time. Sorry for rambling, long story short, don’t overpay by using the GolfNow app, it’s way cheaper just showing up.

Thirsty Course!! Too Expensive for conditions

Course needs H2O desperately!!! For $54 you’d expect better. $30ish is more appropriate green fee cost for a course in this shape. A handful of greens are in great condition, majority have problem spots with sand. The best comparison for the tee boxes is a concrete-like dirt. Will need a 5/64 drill bit with you to get a normal tee in. I tried to help out and pour some waters out on the tee boxes when I could. Fairways mostly very dry except in a few random spots on a couple holes…

One pro amongst the litany of cons is they have a bev cart woman that comes around. Very nice amenity but still very bad and extremely dry conditions. I know our area has been record heat and no rain, but you got to lower the green fees or turn on the sprinklers…. Also the pro shop guy was nice. I booked on golf now and he told me it paired me with 3 women (I was a single) and that I could play solo if I wished - which I did. I enjoyed the experience alone but often was waiting on them ahead of me. Near hole 7 or 8 is when it all backed up. 2 groups ahead of the ladies were large groups scrambling and playing at a very slow pace. By 12 or 13 it was a 3 group wait at the tee boxes, and on 15 there was a group on the green, group on the fairway, ladies on the tees, me behind them, and a group behind me. I was tired of waiting around so I decided to just leave at this point…. Unless I’m pretty desperate or my friends want to play there, I likely won’t be back. Would recommend paying 15-20$ more and going to stone bridge. Or just go hit some balls at the driving range.

Great Times on a Great Course!

Course is in overall very good condition. Greens are fantastic and in excellent shape especially considering all the heat. Layout is very challenging and you get to use almost every club in the bag during the round. Staff are very friendly and accommodating. One of the best bangs for your buck in the Shreveport / Bossier community. Highly recommend!

Not a bad course at all

I got a tee time on a hot deal and this course was well worth the price. The verying hole layout was exceptional! The layout really has a little bit of everything! The fairways aren't in the best shape but most of the tee boxes and greens look pretty good considering the weather. The staff is nice and you see the beverage cart several times per round.

Judging from past reviews, it seems as if this course was in bad shape previously. Being that this is my first time, I do not have a comparison- however, I'd play this course again.

Great Layout, Great Staff, Great Time!

Took a friend for a golf outing and we both were exceptionally pleased with the course conditions and the challenge of the course. We both played terrible but will be back soon to exact our revenge! All staff were exceptionally friendly and very accommodating. We have played this course off and on over for many years and I havent seen it in this good of shape in a long time. I highly recommend giving this course a run…it has a lot to offer right now. (STH - DC)

The best I’ve seen ever seen it

The course superintendent John Schurman has done a great job getting his course back on track. They’ve had to resod some greens on the front that are still coming in but overall the greens are great especially the back nine
Some of the tea boxes need to be reworked and resodded. if they would use the fairway sprinklers more, the fairways would sure be better than they are but overall course looks great.!

Not Bad

Front 9 and back 9 are a lot different. Front 9 was not as nice as the back. If the entire course was as good as the back 9 then it would be worth the money. Pace of play was good, staff was friendly. I would go back, but not if I was paying $50 per round. Course shape was more like $25-$35. Luckily I used a hot deal on this app.

Not as bad as people say

They’ve made some improvements
Trying to bring greens back to life
Worth a $45 green fee
Greatbstaff

best greens in the area right now

course has improved tremendously since last year they have invested a great deal of money and time in the greens and they are very fast. best value in golf in the area.

Bossier City, Louisiana
Bossier City, Louisiana
Greenwood, Louisiana
Keithville, Louisiana
Vivian, Louisiana
Haughton, Louisiana
Marshall, Texas
EL DORADO, AR | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Haywood El Dorado, Tapestry Collection by Hilton and 2 rounds of golf at Mystic Creek Golf Club.