Formerly known as Fox Glen Golf Course.

Coachwood Golf & Country Club

Year Built 1959
Fairways Poa Annua Grass
Golf Season Apr 1 to Nov 1
Architect Bruce Matthews III

Carts Yes - $16

Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant

Not the best experience

The one waitress was terrible at her job
A bunch of fairways were in poor shape
Greens were not in the best shape
There was lighting in the area and not one person was aware of it or there was no horn sound!!
I do not think I will golf at your course agin this year I’m sorry to give a review like this but I like to be honest !!!

Commented on 09/23/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave feedback on your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop at (844) 904-6537. We hope to hear from you soon, and thanks for choosing Coachwood Golf & Country Club!

So much needs to be done

Since April.....still using "Portapotties", is this a campground or a golf course? At the very least get a mens AND a ladies portapotty, maybe with a washing station!
Fairways are 30% bare
Restaurant does not cater to golfers
Restaurant staff looks fearful.....appears that management rules with an iron fist....lots of turn over in such a few months
No appreciation shown to people that golf 3 + times a week
Golfed at Sutton Creek last week, a lesson could be learned by Coachwood......do what Sutton Creek is doing.....Green golf course, lots of upkeep being done, Restaurant caters to golfers.....go figure

Needs tender loving care

Have played this course regularly for many years.
Have found that the condition of the course has gone down considerably. There has been a big drought this year, but the course needs some tender loving care. There are no flowers anymore!! Little things like that make a difference.
However, I can’t say enough about the staff. They are great….friendly, efficient.
Put a little more effort in tending the grounds and put the flowers back.
Overall I do enjoy golfing here weekly

Commented on 09/08/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Coachwood Golf & Country Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

No work done to justify increased prices

New ownership has raised prices tremendously but has not done anything to actually improve the course. Most of the equipment (scorecards, carts), and even the signs on the outside, haven’t even been re-branded. Course was very dry in some places and way too wet in others. Did not play as well as Fox Glen used to for a fraction of the price.

Commented on 09/08/2022

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Coachwood Golf & Country Club.

Nice round of golf

Visiting friends in Windsor and Amhersburg and got a chance to play a round of golf Fox Glen. Enjoyed playing here, however, fairways need some maintenance and ball marks in the greens are everywhere which are not repaired by players. Lots of time waiting at every tee box due to a very busy day.

Nice improvement to restaurant, golf course is terrible

Played 18 holes on this course. I have not played on worse fairways ever. Might as well have been a slab of cement. Cracks wide enough to slide the side of your hand in. Any wider and you’d lose your ball. Rather have played on a cow pasture. Obviously other than nature, this course and water have never met. On the positive side they have dressed up the restaurant and the food was very good and reasonably priced. Unfortunately they had only one server on duty and the poor guy was run into the ground trying to keep up. It will be a while before I go back, and it’s not far from where I live. That’s a shame

Commented on 09/08/2022

Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience.

We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied during your round. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high-quality standards we maintain.

We would like to make things right. Please reach out to our management team at the pro shop.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Expensive

Very expensive for dry fairways with dirt patches in most. $8 drinks way too much for a few dollar more you can play a primer course

Commented on 09/08/2022

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better in the future.

Please feel free to reach out to us with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us another chance.

Many improvements being made

Long time player of Fox Glen and now the new Coachwood Golf & Country Club, thrilled to see the improvements being made to the course and the facilities. Course conditions have improved since the start of the year and I imagine will continue as time goes on. Changes made to the banquet room and the restaurant were desperately needed and have brought new life to the clubhouse. Staff in the pro shop are friendly and accommodating, servers are friendly and constantly going above and beyond to keep us coming back. The food has been taken to a new level as well. Glad to see the owner is making the right efforts to improve the course we've called home for years.

Coachwood/Fox Glen

First off this course is a rename. New ownership were gung-ho at the beginning of the season. they have dismally missed the mark in most areas. they bought a course that the former owner put lots of "lipstick and mascara" on and dumped it. They began the right way by having a meeting with a select group to understand some of the neeeds of the course, as well things that went well and things that needed attention. Unfortunately they didn't listen to any of the suggestions. So be it, they're perogative.
Like a previous reviewer I have a major stake in this place. I was on the Board of Directors for 18 years, 13 years at the helm. i know what it takes to make money and keep the place afloat, as well as what works when times are tough-been there, done that.
I have seen good and great employee's come and go. The new Ownership/Management should maybe listen to their "Team" to see what they need to their job(s) to the best of their ability and create an atmosphere that has happy employee's that want to give all customers a 5 star experience. Some people are trying their heart out and some are just going through the motions. i see it, I'm there usually 3 times a week.
This place has so much potential. it should be loaded with customers all day on the weekends. Just simply not the case. No specials after a certain hour etc. we always had specials and kept it bust. People on your course means people in your Clubhouse after. We played a few weeks back on a Sunday with another couple. we went in and ate after, maybe 4-5 tables in use. You can't pay the bills that way.
Course really needs a lot of TLC. I know there is an issue with a part for the sprinkler system, however there are alternative ways to water the place. The topsoil and seed that was put down early in the year has not grown, or taken hold and is now full of nasty weeds and crabgrass. It really detracts from how nice it could be. The joke (fescue between 14 and 15) is not fescue. It's weeds and Clover and simply shows te laziness of the Grounds Crew to cut and maintain it. true Fescue would be great, this isn't it.
I was always the biggest Cheerleader and Promoter of this place. Doing what we as a Board could do to keep it afloat and keep the business coming out. In the condition it is and the attitude of the Management it's quite difficult to recommend it to others. People would be really upset with me if I didn't tell the truth.
Lastly i would be more than happy to sit down with Ownership/Management and discuss what we went through and what we did to help it. I want to see this place succeed. I have been a Member for over 27 years and love the place. I'm easily identifiable, reach out I'll help.

Commented on 08/08/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback.

Commented on 08/08/2022

Good afternoon, passing this review over to you. thank you

I had a great time playing Coachwood Golf! Course conditions are improving, staff was great, and food was excellent. Will definitely be back. Well done new ownership.

Not the greatest shape

Firstly, this is not Fox Glen Golf Course. It is now Coachwood Golf and Country Club.
If you’re going to charge basically the same as the other high end golf courses in the area and want to be on the same playing field it’s not even close.
I would say most of the fairways are in bad shape…looks like they are diseased…#4 is especially bad. Hole #14 from 70 yards into the hole has numerous areas where seed was planted in the spring but not cared for and the seed died leaving only weeds there now. Big quack grass weeds. And this has been since the beginning of the season. Weeds and clover are taking over. Greens have not been aerated or verticut so very thick grass. Also NO WASHROOM FACILITIES ON THE BACK 9. Unacceptable!! I understand there was damage done to the washrooms on #7 BUT FIX IT. The washrooms have NEVER been opened on hole #3 this year …only port-a-johns. If you want this place to be a “destination golf course” you’d better make some basic improvements. Sure has gone downhill from previous years. Staff in the pro shop and servers in the clubhouse and on the bar cart go above and beyond. Kitchen is definitely an improvement in the last couple of weeks. So going in the right direction there. Just need the main reason people frequent the place, TO PLAY GOLF, to step it up.
And to clarify, I would not recommend this course to a friend in its present condition. It has a great layout and has been sooo much better in the past.

Commented on 08/08/2022

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Fox Glen Golf Course.

McGregor, Ontario
Windsor, Ontario
Windsor, Ontario
Grosse Ile, Michigan
Wyandotte, Michigan
WHEELING | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at Oglebay Resort’s Wilson Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Oglebay Resort – Palmer & Jones Courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn at Woodlake and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River or Meadow Valleys Course) and Whistling Straits (Straits or Irish Course)
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn on Woodlake and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River & Meadow Valley Courses) and Whistling Straits (Straits & Irish Courses).