Niagara National Golf & Country Club

Year Built 1976
Golf Season Apr 1 to Nov 15

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Plays Long 10

Must play

Played this course a few times since opening. Last number of years course was in poor condition. New management has really turned this course around. Decided to play it based on other comments and was not disappointed. Very challenging course: thick rough and fescue for errant shots. Makes you work for a good score. Holes are long from white tees and after massive rainfall over night not much roll. That’s the way it goes. After a full year of reconditioning this course will be in the upper tier of courses in Niagara region. I will be back to this course.

Fantastic service and understanding of situations

We have been here twice. The first time the course was in great shape and we had 2 senior parents with us. They were very accommodating of the seniors and let them ride with us around the course with no issues.
The second time, my son was stuck on the QEW due to an accident. He was 1.25 hours late but they continued to keep moving the tee off times back and even gave me a free bucket if balls for the driving range while I waited. When he arrived, we had two players and a ride along as my son didn’t have time to go to Sherkston to drop off the passenger. Again they were very accommodating and allowed the ride along at no additional charge.
The customer service was fantastic and I the course was in good shape. Watch the fescue but overall a great experience.
Ed

Improved ICC

Traps are the best in Niagara. Added fescue made it mare challenging. Greens still need some work. The best 9 (blue) is not playable. Paying $58 is a bit steep for what it is. If they drop price day of hot deal, give it a try. So far as I know they do not drop from $52 plus tax and fees.

Commented on 07/29/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Niagara National Golf & Country Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Found a new course to play

I've never played here before but I purchased a round from Underpar. Me and my friend paid 52 each with cart. I think its about 15-20 more if purchase golfnow or at course. Staff was friendly and I must say the greens were fantastic!. Nice flat tee decks which is also high on my list. Fairway grass slightly long, however, I realize they cant be cut when wet an there has been some rain lately.
As far as people complaining about the fescue and loosing balls and rating course a 1 me and my friend found this hilarious!!!! Course is fair and the landing areas for shots are more than fair. It is not an easy course but it is also not unfair nor worthy of these complaints. My friend shot 40 on back 9 and I shot 42. We played white tees approximately 6500 yds. We both had bit of rough start but attribute this to no warmup at all. We didnt even really stretch or anything. We both shot 47 on front which is a little high for us. But as far as a 10 hcp complaining it was too hard and lost too many balls. I have to say I dont believe they could really be a 10 hcp! I guess alot of people just like easy golf courses where you can spray drives and irons and still play your ball from other fairways.
We will definitely make the trip from Stoney Creek to play again!

Beware: Heather Monster

I had heard recently that this course had been under new management and many changes and upgrades were made. Another review mentioned the course layout and how frequently balls were lost but I decided to give them a chance. Unfortunately the review was more than accurate I am about a 10 handicap and walked off after nine holes there is Heather on both sides of every hole it is only about 10 yards from each fairway which also Feels like it has been reduced. if you are a mid handicapper like me this course is not for you. it used to be one of the easiest and most forgiving courses in Niagara, Perhaps even too forgiving but the new layout has completely gone in the other direction. The owners are clearly trying to cater to the very low handicap golfer and making it an extreme challenge but the layout isn’t that interesting in the first place so I believe it’s going to be a struggle to satisfy that small subsection of players. The course itself is in beautiful shape but after losing 5 to 6 balls hit just off the fairway I had had enough.

Commented on 07/27/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback of your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the course with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop. We hope to hear from you soon!

Great potential

First time at this course, seems like they are doing some upgrades. The course has a nice layout and plays well. A little wet the day we played due to a lot of rain during the week, but still in good shape. Only complaint is that we could have used a course layout on the scorecard or posted in the cart.

Improving

New ownership and change of course name has seemed to yield improved fairways and greens. Many more staff out caring for the course the never before.. if u like long courses you can push back to 6900 yards if that’s your thing. Some water challenges but plenty of space to keep the ball in play. Greens rolled true and fair. Compared to similar condition courses, the walking rate is a little high.

Commented on 07/20/2021

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing International Country Club of Niagara - Red Course.

Course in great shape

It was a nice change from the old International Country Club. The new owners have put some money and work into the course which has always been one of the best layouts in Niagara.

too much fescue

havnt played this course since its been redone it was in good shape BUT! i dont mind the rough being tough but if tou went a little further off fairway or rough it was all fescue its like they want too penalize you more than just the rough it was terrible I lost 8 balls and wasnt that far off the fairway. i think they only want pro golfers there so I wont be going back unless they get rid of the all the fescue. who puts fescue along the tree line 10 feet out. who ever set the course up is ridiculous, very frustrating day NEVER AGAIN!

Nice upgrades

Lots of upgrades mainly the fairways and greens were in good condition. The cut is perfect. Upgrades to sprinklers and irrigation make a very big different to course condition.

The improvements done on this course this year are massive.. loved it even though rain shorted our 18 holes to 15!!

Really surprised

A good even all round course in really good condition.

Brand New Course

I had played this course previously when it was ICC and I could hardly recognize the course when I cam back out. They have made a lot of changes here! An entirely new experience.

Whether you have played ICC (when it was called that) in the past, or never played it before, Niagara National is worth checking out. will be back.

Did Not Play, no carts

We got to the course We did not play. My friend needed a cart, he has a bad back and knee. With COVID, they are not pre booking carts but all season playing everywhere else they were always available.
I never got an alert that the course was open for the last day of the season (the day we showed up to golf!) They said because of that there is no carts available.
I'd like my money back for this round please!?

Commented on 12/02/2020

Hello, Chris. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We ask that you would please reach out to our management team at (905) 382-2000. Thank you for playing International Country Club of Niagara - Red Course.

Good course

Had a great time walking the course. Good all rounder course.

2 of 3 nines still open

Red & White nines still open (Blue course closed). Soft conditions in places but very playable for the time of the year.

Grand Island, New York
Ridgeway, Ontario
Ridgeway, Ontario
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Tonawanda, New York
Niagara Falls, Ontario
NIAGARA FALLS, CAN | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of two hotels and 3 rounds of golf at Legends on the Niagara Battlefield and Usher's Creek courses, and Whirlpool.