1 reviews

Silos Country Club

Year Built 1994
Architect Jerry Lemons (1994)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, American Express, Mastercard and Discover
Single Allowed Yes
Dress code Tank Tops, Tee Shirts, Blue Jeans, Blue Jean Shorts or Workout Shorts not accepted.

Fitness

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Kentucky (2020 #16)

Michigan Advisor

Great Layout; Poor Conditions

Previous review on course conditions is spot on- during my walking round I kept thinking this course is embracing the 6 grass / 4 weed blend stand of fairways grasses. I think almost all bunkers have been abandoned or in process of being abandoned.

The layout is terrific and the greens offer plenty of slope and variety. Worth a play if in the area.

Great pace, great staff, great round!

Excellent staff! For late March, course seems to be coming right along for a good season. Thanks again! I’ll be back!

Friendly staff and members.

Nice course layout. Had lots of rain before we played. Course drained pretty well but would have played better if dryer. Not a fancy course but some very nice holes and friendly staff.

Best greens Iv ever played

I played in the member guest and the one man mulligan tournament the greens were the best Iv ever played for the one man mulligan mulligan they were firm but held a good shot fast and the smoothest greens Iv ever played great job Silos.

Great couples tournament

We played the couples tournament on October 16 17 The greens were awesome Valhalla good and I got invited back for member guest onOctober 23 and they awesome again I don’t know how they do it with a small club. Great tournament great staff great golf course.

ladiethatlovesgolf

My first time to play Silos the bent grass greens were awesome the best I have played all year.The entire golf course was in great shape can’t wait to go back in a couple weeks for the double couples tournament.

Great day of golf

This was the third time I played silos this year once in the spring once in the early summer both times the bent grass greens were awesome they were not as good this time as expected because of the hot summer but were still really good.The burmuda fairways were excellent 2 of the fairways are still recovering from some winter kill but very playable.The zoysia around the greens was excellent.The fairways were mowed nice and tight and very good.The burmuda roughs are mowed at a very nice playable height and had very few weeds in them even with all the rain they have had this year.The golf course was very busy well organized and the pace of play was excellent.The layout is one of the best you will play in Western Kentucky there is not a bad hole on the golf course it has long holes short holes water and sand a great design.I don’t usually write a review like this but I read one on here that I totally disagree with and felt like I needed to set the record straight.

An absolute embarrassment.

I played this course years ago and it was a fairly nice track with an interesting layout. The condition of the course was pretty good back then. Man has things changed over the last 10 years!
The entire facility is in total disrepair. The "clubhouse" looks like a homeless shelter! The snack bar is a fly infested disgrace! The cart was barely running. When it did finally decide to take off it jerks you so hard I had a neck ache after the first couple of holes. The cart path was so bad that my back started hurting and finally a "ranger" came by and told me I could drive in the grass because the path were "a little rough" HAHA ya think!
This course used to have Bermuda grass fairways and bent grass greens. There are patches of Bermuda in the fairways. Along with every weed known to mankind. The greens are an absolute mess. I don't even know how to describe them. I stopped after the front nine. I had no desire to continue to play on what used to be a pretty nice course but now should be relegated to a cow pasture.

poor service .. does not honor GN tee times

booked tee time through GN and when i drove 20 miles to the course, the clubhouse said all tee times are booked and cannot honor the GN tee time. was told it happens twice per week and and rudely send me away.. book at your own RISK

Great member guest

I got invited to member guest and had a great time.The golf course was in great shape and the greens were really really good hospitality and food was fantastic it was a fun day can’t wait to go back.

Greens were fantastic

I played in the Texas Roadhouse tournament and the greens were the best I have played in a while they were Valhalla good 10.5 to 11 on speed and smooth as silk I was invited back 3 weeks later for member guest the greens weren’t as fast had a lot of rain but were still smooth as possible can’t wait to come back.

Greens were awesome

I played in the 4 man scramble and the greens were awesome iv been coming to tournaments at Silos for 3 years the owner said they had made a commitment to having great greens and they were as good as I have played in a long time..The tournament was great as always keep up the great work.

Silos

I've play Silos a decent amount the last few years and the greens seem to be in the best shape since I started playing there. A few spots here and there, but overall a big improvement. It's a great track that will let you use every club in the bag. The owner and staff have always been great to us as well!

La Center, Kentucky
Cunningham, Kentucky
Metropolis, Illinois
Ledbetter, Kentucky
Mayfield, Kentucky
FLORENCE, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at The Shoals Golf Club - Schoolmaster & Fighting Joe Courses.
LAKE OZARK, MO | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The Lodge of Four Seasons and 3 rounds of golf at The Club at Porto Cima (Troon Privé) and The Lodge of Four Seasons – Cove & Ridge Courses.
LAKE OZARK, MO | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Lodge of Four Seasons and 2 rounds of golf at The Lodge of Four Seasons - Cove & Ridge Courses.
GADSDEN, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Hampton Inn - Gadsden and 3 rounds of golf at Silver Lakes Golf Club - Championship & Short Courses.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Preferred Golfer experience.